U15/05 Girls Academy/ECNL WNT Pool

plz keep this information coming 310 because there is a good chance my job takes me and my DDs (my son is a little older so I got to figure that out) to Nor Cal full-time over the coming months......trying to learn what I can about the soccer scene there.......their forum not as active

Apparently Deza is desperately trying to find someone in the area to start a new club with him. Problem is - he’s burned so many bridges here in the Bay Area and know one wants to work with him or fund it for him. He’s not the easiest person to get along with is what I’m hearing. Wonder what his #1 04 team is thinking!

Could be all lies if that’s your take. Nothing on this board is ever true right?

Apparently Deza is desperately trying to find someone in the area to start a new club with him. Problem is - he’s burned so many bridges here in the Bay Area and know one wants to work with him or fund it for him. He’s not the easiest person to get along with is what I’m hearing. Wonder what his #1 04 team is thinking!
From everything I’m hearing, it is more of a Financial breakup than a “get out of DA” move. But that is all hearsay.

plz keep this information coming 310 because there is a good chance my job takes me and my DDs (my son is a little older so I got to figure that out) to Nor Cal full-time over the coming months......trying to learn what I can about the soccer scene there.......their forum not as active
Start with MVLA if they are geographically desirable for the area you may be in.

Where in NorCal might you be relocating to? And what age group is your daughter?

1583944904729.png

Walnut Creek area......2006......thank you
The closest GDA or ECNL club to Walnut Creek is Lamorinda, which plays in GDA. I don't know too much about them, but they seem to play the right way, based off of the few games I've seen. I don't think they've been too successful in the GDA so far, but I have heard good things in the past about their DOC and how they develop players.
The next closest would be Mustang SC, which plays in ECNL. They are one of the best clubs in NorCal. They have a great record of placing their players at the next level, and usually have very well coached teams.
The only other club that I would consider to be within driving range would be Pleasanton Rage, which also plays in ECNL. They haven't been too successful recently, but they seem to be improving, so that is another option.
If you're willing to commute more than an hour, there are other options, but those are your best bets close by. I would recommend looking at Mustang first.

I agree with Davin. I recommend Mustang SC as the best bet for local and national competition and reputation, exposure, and daily proximity. The Norcal ECNL and NPL league format enables a LOT of games and variety of great local competition. I recommend looking at the game schedules of both Mustang (Norcal NPL link - the other half of ECNL club schedules) and Lamorinda for the last year and determine the best fit.

For Alameda county, Mustang, Rage, Lamorinda.
San Juan or Davis Legacy if you end up commuting from Sacramento Area. (People do it, but I dont recommend it.)

MVLA, Earthquakes, PSV, Thorns are all Santa Clara County. Hard commute from Walnut Creek. ( PSV also has a reputation as an injury factory. Not sure about their DA status either.)

All this assumes you need DA/ECNL. Many more options if you are looking a step or two below that.

I do. It's false rumor with lies again right again? "What's going on" up in NoCal? When Blues spanked them 7-0, I knew something was up. I bet some of those girls also want to play hs soccer? I would predict that MLVA is going to be a very stronger team? Are they all staying to finish the season?
Maybe it’s the commute. When I looked into the quakes many families were commuting from Salinas. I was looking at a 11/2-2 hour commute each way from Berkeley.

I agree with Davin. I recommend Mustang SC as the best bet for local and national competition and reputation, exposure, and daily proximity. The Norcal ECNL and NPL league format enables a LOT of games and variety of great local competition. I recommend looking at the game schedules of both Mustang (Norcal NPL link - the other half of ECNL club schedules) and Lamorinda for the last year and determine the best fit.
Agree with you about the value of NorCal ECNL and NPL.

@futboldad1 - In NorCal, ECNL teams usually play in two leagues, ECNL and NPL, so our ECNL teams here play in a lot of games. Being in the both leagues is great for development. Coaches use NPL game to try new things - players at different positions, formations, etc. There is less pressure to win these games, so players who don't play as much during ECNL games can get more playing time in ECNL, and because there is less pressure they can play more freely, try new things, and not afraid to make mistakes.

HUGE thank you to the nor-cal crew.....this is priceless input and information to go over with the family.....gives me a sense of the areas and clubs.....I had no idea about nil, sounds great as my DD wants to keep playing top level ball and want high school ball too so will be joining an ECNL Club.....great community you have up in nor-cal I can see......thank you again @davin, @dad4, @Zen, @Soccerfan2

What team is your daughter currently on Socal. How far do you drive to practice? That can give us a better gauge to place your kids.

HUGE thank you to the nor-cal crew.....this is priceless input and information to go over with the family.....gives me a sense of the areas and clubs.....I had no idea about nil, sounds great as my DD wants to keep playing top level ball and want high school ball too so will be joining an ECNL Club.....great community you have up in nor-cal I can see......thank you again @davin, @dad4, @Zen, @Soccerfan2
Pat Uriz at Mustang SC has been very helpful and accessible.

What city are you thinking of moving too?

What team is your daughter currently on Socal. How far do you drive to practice? That can give us a better gauge to place your kids.

Real....our commute now is fast only 30 minutes but we are willing to drive up to one hour.....maybe a little bit more especially if there is less traffic and it is faster leaving practice.....

What city are you thinking of moving too?

Walnut Creek area or Stockton.........

Real....our commute now is fast only 30 minutes but we are willing to drive up to one hour.....maybe a little bit more especially if there is less traffic and it is faster leaving practice.....

Walnut Creek area or Stockton.........
Walnut Creek is close to me. Mustang and Lamorinda are basically equidistant from Walnut Creek. So go to Lamorinda if you want a more possession style. Go to Mustang if you want a more physical and direct style. Depending on traffic 15-45 minutes commute to either from WC.

Back