Surf ENCL vs. Slammers Koge

You just showed your hand hater.
Dude...sorry to break it to you but it's because she is not good. No video, no team, a dad who doesn't understand soccer, a dad who wears dad goggles and thinks his kid is better than she is.

So I got a new one for you. You clearly don't have a good understanding of soccer, which is evident in your inability to explain tactics and 2 touch soccer....so how do you evaluate other talent when you have no clue what you are looking at? You can't. You are a dad that thinks his kid is better because....why? A couple coaches told you...hahaha...they probably told you that because you were in there face telling them how good she was, so they just told you what you wanted to hear so you would move on. Sorry hommie, she's just not that good, stick to XC or swimming, too late for soccer

Guys why all the haterade on here? let mac dre daughter follower her own path and our daughter and sons follow theirs.... no sense in getting worked up about another person's kid, let's just worry about our own kids.

Guys why all the haterade on here? let mac dre daughter follower her own path and our daughter and sons follow theirs.... no sense in getting worked up about another person's kid, let's just worry about our own kids.

Read the thread...he asked for help and many have tried to help him ... and all he's done is criticize them and slander a process with zero proof .. if my daughter were one of the best in the country you can be sure I'd have video...and if I thought she should be on the national team and none of the decision makers did, I might turn inwards and self evaluate...none of which he's done...I have him on ignore because it was a lost cause.

Read the thread...he asked for help and many have tried to help him ... and all he's done is criticize them and slander a process with zero proof .. if my daughter were one of the best in the country you can be sure I'd have video...and if I thought she should be on the national team and none of the decision makers did, I might turn inwards and self evaluate...none of which he's done...I have him on ignore because it was a lost cause.
Most parents of kids who are the top in their class, are not on this forum bragging about how good their kids are.

Most parents of kids who are the top in their class, are not on this forum bragging about how good their kids are.
I’m not bragging. I’m on a forum seeking information on how to move forward. I have to provide information so folks can help.

I am very thankful to all that provided useful information. Crazy, parents seeking information on a forum is bragging.

you’re a hater sir.

I’m not bragging. I’m on a forum seeking information on how to move forward. I have to provide information so folks can help.

I am very thankful to all that provided useful information. Crazy, parents seeking information on a forum is bragging.

you’re a hater sir.
Did I say or imply you were?

Crazy to state a general observation and have someone insert themselves as the subject.

Sticks and stones…..

Last edited:

you’re a hater sir.

K4L is generally a helpful poster and doesn't come across as a H8R.

Getting in with the USA YNT is like getting into the MOB. Once you're "made" you tend to stick around.

The initiation process can be brutal, who you know can get a foot in door, but what you do after and who pulls for you during, + who the coaches are have a huge impact, can be very selective, almost done or does seem political at times.

Invites to the training centers after given out like candy to the higher performing or profile clubs and teams while large sections of the country or smaller clubs don't tend to get in much. The process is flawed no doubt without clear objectives on what the final selection process is or what is required to be call back for example?

There's something to be said for earning your way there, performing when you get a chance, and keeping on getting better.

Let's just say if the Al Americans, Players of the year, All league, etc get invited to at least the training centers that would be a criteria that people could strive for and understanding but there are national players of the year for example that didn't even get those invited but 6 club players from a high profile professional club did instead and maybe none of them where advanced to the camp or next step.

Dude...sorry to break it to you but it's because she is not good. No video, no team, a dad who doesn't understand soccer, a dad who wears dad goggles and thinks his kid is better than she is.

So I got a new one for you. You clearly don't have a good understanding of soccer, which is evident in your inability to explain tactics and 2 touch soccer....so how do you evaluate other talent when you have no clue what you are looking at? You can't. You are a dad that thinks his kid is better because....why? A couple coaches told you...hahaha...they probably told you that because you were in there face telling them how good she was, so they just told you what you wanted to hear so you would move on. Sorry hommie, she's just not that good, stick to XC or swimming, too late for soccer
Hey brainchild, transitional counter attacking soccer is very low level with a high risk of injury. I am interested in positional soccer.

Hey brainchild, transitional counter attacking soccer is very low level with a high risk of injury. I am interested in positional soccer.

This is good!! Seriously, this is how you will begin to understand the differences in tactics. Once you begin to understand you can help your daughter understand the game better. You can watch a game with her and show her how professional world class players play the game and that will help her tremendously. Has to do with myelin but that's another topic (https://lhsepic.com/4989/sports/ath...atching-sports-benefits-athletes-performance/)

It is clear you are still learning, so instead of acting like you know it all you should just ask. I understand positional soccer, do you understand the purpose? Like I was trying to explain to you earlier, it is all about creating numerical advantages, that way you can outnumber your opponent and create more opportunities. If you are trying to two touch everything you could take yourself right out of a numerical advantage. Understand that a purpose of positional play is to create more time on the ball so players can make better decisions, this doesn't mean they necessary hold the ball, but it is much easier to make a better decision when you have time and space putting the ball into the right spot to create numerical advantages. Read back at my earlier post, I was also trying to explain to you the purpose of pattern play, in positional soccer, patterns are so important, players must read and recognize where opponents are and react accordingly. When you practice patterns players, players can read and react much quicker becasue they are familiar with the situation they see in front of them. A big buzz word these days is Channel, positional soccer is also about understanding that you cannot stay in a channel for an extended period and the ball must move from one channel to the other, accomplished many times from patterns players learn in a session. That is another reason Rondos are so helpful, Understand though that the whole game isnt 2 touch but happens in situations on the field where a player must move the ball quickly, changing channels, or playing out of trouble. Find a team that trains with Rondos, real rondos, not just a simple warm up. I mean they do it extensively throughout the session and not just for one day, but on a continual basis. That will help your daughter more than you could even imagine!

This is good!! Seriously, this is how you will begin to understand the differences in tactics. Once you begin to understand you can help your daughter understand the game better. You can watch a game with her and show her how professional world class players play the game and that will help her tremendously. Has to do with myelin but that's another topic (https://lhsepic.com/4989/sports/ath...atching-sports-benefits-athletes-performance/)

It is clear you are still learning, so instead of acting like you know it all you should just ask. I understand positional soccer, do you understand the purpose? Like I was trying to explain to you earlier, it is all about creating numerical advantages, that way you can outnumber your opponent and create more opportunities. If you are trying to two touch everything you could take yourself right out of a numerical advantage. Understand that a purpose of positional play is to create more time on the ball so players can make better decisions, this doesn't mean they necessary hold the ball, but it is much easier to make a better decision when you have time and space putting the ball into the right spot to create numerical advantages. Read back at my earlier post, I was also trying to explain to you the purpose of pattern play, in positional soccer, patterns are so important, players must read and recognize where opponents are and react accordingly. When you practice patterns players, players can read and react much quicker becasue they are familiar with the situation they see in front of them. A big buzz word these days is Channel, positional soccer is also about understanding that you cannot stay in a channel for an extended period and the ball must move from one channel to the other, accomplished many times from patterns players learn in a session. That is another reason Rondos are so helpful, Understand though that the whole game isnt 2 touch but happens in situations on the field where a player must move the ball quickly, changing channels, or playing out of trouble. Find a team that trains with Rondos, real rondos, not just a simple warm up. I mean they do it extensively throughout the session and not just for one day, but on a continual basis. That will help your daughter more than you could even imagine!
I don’t care what you call it. I’m not a coach so my verbiage doesn’t have to be precise. As a so called professional you should have been able to discern what I am talking about. When I was in professional school, I was taught that listening skills are of utmost importance.

You come off as inept and unprofessional.

I don’t care what you call it. I’m not a coach so my verbiage doesn’t have to be precise. As a so called professional you should have been able to discern what I am talking about. When I was in professional school, I was taught that listening skills are of utmost importance.

Turned off ignore on this last post to see if his tone had changed...um, no, its gotten way worse....and you guys are still trying to help him??!! You really must like punishment...I'm not sure that I've seen somone so ungrateful, so pompous, and so unwilling to listen or self reflect...back on ignore...y'all get what you deserve continuing this thread.

Turned off ignore on this last post to see if his tone had changed...um, no, its gotten way worse....and you guys are still trying to help him??!! You really must like punishment...I'm not sure that I've seen somone so ungrateful, so pompous, and so unwilling to listen or self reflect...back on ignore...y'all get what you deserve continuing this thread.
Wow! My tone? You are hella funny!

I'm not a coach either, I just love the game and my kids aren't bad at it, so I've been around for a little bit...I was just trying to help you out so you can be better informed when making decisions or looking for a place to play. Good luck.

Great points. I haven't seen that video yet- Will be checking it out later today.
Two touch play is great. But as mentioned above it takes more than just collecting and passing.
1. The pass must come to the proper foot or proper space. It's much harder to play 2 touch with a ball coming in the air or a foot away from where you expect it.
2. Positioning- If you create more space for yourself- it is much easier to play 2 touch. (Especially if item #1 above isn't perfect). Playing a ball into a midfield player who is "kinda open" is much more difficult than playing to a player who is "wide open". An extra few feet of space is the difference between collecting, taking a quick peek to see if your teammate is still open and then playing her the perfect ball or getting a pass and panicking and smashing it away.
3. The whole team moving as a unit. Too often, the player on the ball and the next closest player are the only 2 that are involved in a play. Off the ball movement by all 11 players is key. Like a flock of geese flying in formation. Or chess vs checkers.
4. Field awareness. The picture on the field is always changing. There are plenty of videos out there of professional players scanning the field/checking their shoulder a few dozen times every 30 seconds. Watch youth players- The best of the best are always scanning.
5. Watching high level soccer on TV. Not just watching for great tackles, cool skills or shots on goal. But truly watching. Looking for those patterns mentioned above. Watching player rotations to fill space/cover space. Seeing how a team can break down a low block. Observing the speed of transitions (Especially on counter-attacks- Which seems to have taken over from the way Pep likes his teams to play). Observing how players mark on defense. Movements to lose a mark. I think that watching more soccer on TV is the key to improving our players. Not many players watch religiously. And when they do, they are impressed by some 20 yard free kick.

Great points. I haven't seen that video yet- Will be checking it out later today.
Two touch play is great. But as mentioned above it takes more than just collecting and passing.
1. The pass must come to the proper foot or proper space. It's much harder to play 2 touch with a ball coming in the air or a foot away from where you expect it.
2. Positioning- If you create more space for yourself- it is much easier to play 2 touch. (Especially if item #1 above isn't perfect). Playing a ball into a midfield player who is "kinda open" is much more difficult than playing to a player who is "wide open". An extra few feet of space is the difference between collecting, taking a quick peek to see if your teammate is still open and then playing her the perfect ball or getting a pass and panicking and smashing it away.
3. The whole team moving as a unit. Too often, the player on the ball and the next closest player are the only 2 that are involved in a play. Off the ball movement by all 11 players is key. Like a flock of geese flying in formation. Or chess vs checkers.
4. Field awareness. The picture on the field is always changing. There are plenty of videos out there of professional players scanning the field/checking their shoulder a few dozen times every 30 seconds. Watch youth players- The best of the best are always scanning.
5. Watching high level soccer on TV. Not just watching for great tackles, cool skills or shots on goal. But truly watching. Looking for those patterns mentioned above. Watching player rotations to fill space/cover space. Seeing how a team can break down a low block. Observing the speed of transitions (Especially on counter-attacks- Which seems to have taken over from the way Pep likes his teams to play). Observing how players mark on defense. Movements to lose a mark. I think that watching more soccer on TV is the key to improving our players. Not many players watch religiously. And when they do, they are impressed by some 20 yard free kick.

Great points! I love the checking the shoulder, a skill that is not instilled or taught enough, especially at the younger age. And really understand what checking the shoulder means so kids check and when they check realize where their next touch needs to be. How many times do you see a kid take their first touch in the wrong direction because they aren't aware of where the pressure is coming from.

Agree with you but I'll add that in the modern game, including at youth level, it is just as important to know what to do when you do not have the ball. How does the team (& you within it) transition from attack to defense, what is your role in that. Does the team know how to play, for an example, a high press, i.e. it is about how the team plays this, not just the player pressing the ball. Does your player know how to effectively press, i.e. force the player with the ball to have to play it where you want them to, not where they would prefer to.

When evaluating teams & coaches for my kids, I like to watch them play and look to evaluate all aspects of the game. I will also watch the coach, e.g. if they are joy sticking, its a no no; if they are screaming, its a no no; if they do not adjust or say anything in adversity, its a no no.

Great points! I love the checking the shoulder, a skill that is not instilled or taught enough, especially at the younger age. And really understand what checking the shoulder means so kids check and when they check realize where their next touch needs to be. How many times do you see a kid take their first touch in the wrong direction because they aren't aware of where the pressure is coming from.

My player has been doing all these things that you mention at an advanced level since she was 10. So, I just want an explanation as to why she is not being given equal opportunity to maximize her potential.

My player has been doing all these things that you mention at an advanced level since she was 10. So, I just want an explanation as to why she is not being given equal opportunity to maximize her potential.

I wish I could answer you buddy, but those decisions are made by people that aren't in my circle. And any answer you get on this board would just be a guess, because only the ones making the decisions are the only ones who really know.

My advice is to be as knowledgeable about the game as you can, so when they come to you with reasons why you understand and maybe can counter their reasons. If you don't understand what you are talking about they will just look at you like a dad who has blinders on. I was just trying to provide you with some insight about different aspects of the game, so when you have a discussion with a coach you know what you are talking about.

Back