Surf ENCL vs. Slammers Koge

I watched. I see a good defender that plays in GA from a team that is ranked #52 in US. I doubt she will make it past regional pool, but still seems like a talented defender with a future. I will agree that GA competition is not as strong. BUT, what position does your DD play? Is she a defender as well? If not, than you have absolutely no say.

But to make this relative to everyone, it seems @MacDre is in fact claiming his DD is better than all the NoCal girls that are his daughters age, including those players from MVLA (#7 in the US). To put that in context, it would also mean his daughter is better than any kid equal to or below MVLA. In other words, @MacDre believes his daughter will also run circles around any players from U15 SoCal Beach, Legends, or Blues. He also feels his DD could walk right into U15 Slammers or Surf and immediately have a starting spot. And this is just one state, not to mention the rest of the US.

Again, if your daughter is in fact that talented, the only person you can blame is yourself for not putting her in the position she needs to be. That has nothing to do with how the USSF has or has not supported you.

I drive almost an hour each way to practice 4x a week and have been doing so since U9. My weekends have been filled with lots of travel and a little bit of golf. I am not rich. I cannot afford daily or even weekly training. I gave up the other things because I realized my daughter seemed to excel far and beyond other youth her age and I wanted to put her in the best environment possible. Most importantly, I understand that how successful or how much she gets noticed depends on only two things. Her environment and her play on the field. A parent only has control of one of those things and if that parent wants the proper environment, than that is on them.

STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND PLAYING VICTIM. FORGET ABOUT THE PAST, MOVE INTO THE FUTURE. YOUR DAUGHTER IS YOUNG AND HAS PLENTY OF YEARS AHEAD OF HER. FOR GOODNESS SAKE DON'T RUIN IT FOR IF SHE IS TRULY THAT SPECIAL!!!

Really, I'm done. There is absolutely nothing more I can say.
You’re hella dumb. I made my point already. Stop mischaracterizing my statement.

I never said my kid is one of the best. However, she’s definitely better than many called into the NorCal ID camp.

My kid played with boys until she was 12. When she was 12 she started Fuerzas Basicas for Xolo’s and 1 month later Covid hit.

Over the summer she started college in the US and is no longer eligible to play in Mexico. A well respected and connected coach is waiting for her to begin practice after XC season. You see, my camp feels that the mental stress a player endures running XC is comparable to playing a full 90 plus stoppage.

So soon in addition to my player having video showing her comfort on the ball she’ll also letter in XC and swimming enhancing her mental and physical development while showing that she ain’t a one trick pony.

Technical work is done solo. She just needs a group of ballers that can play 2-touch fast to further her tactical development.

That's good she is doing other sports. Nothing wrong with that, but you did say she is a LOT better- actually you said she runs circles around them- than many of the players in the YNT player pool. Hence, you are therefore claiming she is one of the best.

Do you know what 2 touch is? You still haven't even explained 2 touch and how it is a tactical strategy that is played for 90 minutes?

Got it. My position is that it is not beneficial to review bad video. Maybe if my player gets the same support as the 2005 player it’ll be worthwhile to record and review the video. Sure hope USSF fixes this soon.
Bad video? Prior to DA/ECNL (U12-U14) we would record games and the coach would go over them. USSF/DA recorded all games and created a account for all clubs to download their games. Game film could also be shared between the clubs. Currently all ECNL clubs record all games.

That's good she is doing other sports. Nothing wrong with that, but you did say she is a LOT better- actually you said she runs circles around them- than many of the players in the YNT player pool. Hence, you are therefore claiming she is one of the best.

Do you know what 2 touch is? You still haven't even explained 2 touch and how it is a tactical strategy that is played for 90 minutes?
The only thing that I need to know is equal opportunity and that my player is not getting it.

Bad video? Prior to DA/ECNL (U12-U14) we would record games and the coach would go over them. USSF/DA recorded all games and created a account for all clubs to download their games. Game film could also be shared between the clubs. Currently all ECNL clubs record all games.
When I say bad video, I mean video with players that are not comfortable on the ball and don’t have limits on substitutions. Limiting substitutions adds more mental and physical stressors. So, video without the above mentioned factors isn’t context specific enough to benefit a players with a goal of distinguishing themselves on a International level. I think one could also argue watching “bad video” could be counterproductive to one’s development goals.

I hope your kids makes it to the top. She sounds like the real deal.

I don't have an elite player- so take this with a grain of salt.

Playing 2-touch is definitely a pretty and effective way to play soccer. Decision making and soccer IQ seem to be the missing piece among many US players (mens and womens national teams as examples). US soccer players have a reputation for grit and athleticism. Not for their first touch or their soccer IQ.

Being a great teammate is probably just as important as being an elite athlete with elite skill. Is your kid the absolute best? Maybe. But how much better than 10 other players that might be a little bit behind her. Coaches taking on National Teams don't have a ton of time to work on the team element. They have a few camps, a few friendlies and then play in international competitions. Team chemistry matters.

So if your kid shows up and is screaming at her teammates to play everything 2-touch- Maybe the coach thinks it's not worth the hassle and there is a player that is almost as good and can fit within the system he/she wants to play.

Great players need to play with great players to maximize their potential. Look at a player like Pulisic. Probably our best player in a LONG time. But he struggles a bit on the national team because his national teammates aren't all the same quality at what he gets at Chelsea. He has to adapt his game when he puts on the stars and stripes.

Great players also need to learn to lead a team to play great. Playing with a "lesser" group can teach a young player a lot about how to adapt and adjust. But great players also need to be playing soccer.

Cross country will give her endurance (And hopefully not an over-use injury). But there is no substitute for the pace and intensity of a competitive game. Soccer is a lot of sprint. stop. turn. sprint. walk. The heart rate will spike and dip a ton during a game. Whereas in cross country she'll have a fairly steady heart rate for most of the race. It will spike during her final push at the end to outkick her nearest competitor. It sounds like you have found a team for her. Hopefully it's a great season and she gets noticed by the right people to get that YNT call up/

It takes a strong parent to produce a pro athlete. Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant, Todd Marinovich, Serena/Venus, The Ball Brothers - All high profile cases of elite athletes with parents that pushed them and removed obstacles to get their kid to the highest level of the sport. It takes a village, it takes money and it takes a little patience with some of the red-tape that exists.

Good luck.

The only thing that I need to know is equal opportunity and that my player is not getting it.

Dude...sorry to break it to you but it's because she is not good. No video, no team, a dad who doesn't understand soccer, a dad who wears dad goggles and thinks his kid is better than she is.

So I got a new one for you. You clearly don't have a good understanding of soccer, which is evident in your inability to explain tactics and 2 touch soccer....so how do you evaluate other talent when you have no clue what you are looking at? You can't. You are a dad that thinks his kid is better because....why? A couple coaches told you...hahaha...they probably told you that because you were in there face telling them how good she was, so they just told you what you wanted to hear so you would move on. Sorry hommie, she's just not that good, stick to XC or swimming, too late for soccer

I hope your kids makes it to the top. She sounds like the real deal.

I don't have an elite player- so take this with a grain of salt.

Playing 2-touch is definitely a pretty and effective way to play soccer. Decision making and soccer IQ seem to be the missing piece among many US players (mens and womens national teams as examples). US soccer players have a reputation for grit and athleticism. Not for their first touch or their soccer IQ.

Being a great teammate is probably just as important as being an elite athlete with elite skill. Is your kid the absolute best? Maybe. But how much better than 10 other players that might be a little bit behind her. Coaches taking on National Teams don't have a ton of time to work on the team element. They have a few camps, a few friendlies and then play in international competitions. Team chemistry matters.

So if your kid shows up and is screaming at her teammates to play everything 2-touch- Maybe the coach thinks it's not worth the hassle and there is a player that is almost as good and can fit within the system he/she wants to play.

Great players need to play with great players to maximize their potential. Look at a player like Pulisic. Probably our best player in a LONG time. But he struggles a bit on the national team because his national teammates aren't all the same quality at what he gets at Chelsea. He has to adapt his game when he puts on the stars and stripes.

Great players also need to learn to lead a team to play great. Playing with a "lesser" group can teach a young player a lot about how to adapt and adjust. But great players also need to be playing soccer.

Cross country will give her endurance (And hopefully not an over-use injury). But there is no substitute for the pace and intensity of a competitive game. Soccer is a lot of sprint. stop. turn. sprint. walk. The heart rate will spike and dip a ton during a game. Whereas in cross country she'll have a fairly steady heart rate for most of the race. It will spike during her final push at the end to outkick her nearest competitor. It sounds like you have found a team for her. Hopefully it's a great season and she gets noticed by the right people to get that YNT call up/

It takes a strong parent to produce a pro athlete. Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant, Todd Marinovich, Serena/Venus, The Ball Brothers - All high profile cases of elite athletes with parents that pushed them and removed obstacles to get their kid to the highest level of the sport. It takes a village, it takes money and it takes a little patience with some of the red-tape that exists.

Good luck.
I really appreciate this. I learned something. And you are very correct about the leadership skills. My kid is socially awkward, shy, and would greatly benefit from playing a leadership role more than anything. I’m actually looking forward to club soccer now.

The two of you joining forces and litigating your grievances seems very appropriate. Seems like a great idea. Y'all keep us posted on how it goes.
WTF did that come from STX? Dre has his own reasons for spouting off. I will say if his lawyer(s) saw this he would drop the case? I would not come on here and shed some insight into the selection process from 4 years ago. Look man, the 2022s have had it rough. My kid was all in back then and I had a circus clown I was dealing with and I would not kiss his ass, you get that? I hate liars, that's all I hate. I'm shocked by that statement from you sir from Texas. I love Texas too and I think you guys have some of the best talent in all of Sports. I love everything about Texas so be easy on me dude.

I don’t pick on kids but I will defend my family. I gave several warning shots. Tell the scouts to stop running their mouths because I have more.

Just reach out to Mo, she'll give it you straight, it's how she rolls. She should be in Carson by now. I don't really know her, but based on distant interaction, doesn't come across as someone easily influenced by nose in butt. Just give her a shout and call it a day.

Just reach out to Mo, she'll give it you straight, it's how she rolls. She should be in Carson by now. I don't really know her, but based on distant interaction, doesn't come across as someone easily influenced by nose in butt. Just give her a shout and call it a day.
WTF? Last time I checked, Mo was a black man. What happened?

I w
WTF did that come from STX? Dre has his own reasons for spouting off. I will say if his lawyer(s) saw this he would drop the case? I would not come on here and shed some insight into the selection process from 4 years ago. Look man, the 2022s have had it rough. My kid was all in back then and I had a circus clown I was dealing with and I would not kiss his ass, you get that? I hate liars, that's all I hate. I'm shocked by that statement from you sir from Texas. I love Texas too and I think you guys have some of the best talent in all of Sports. I love everything about Texas so be easy on me dude.

I think you and MacDre have a whole lot in common. Was just seconding your idea that you guys should join forces. Didn't mean to offend.

I w

I think you and MacDre have a whole lot in common. Was just seconding your idea that you guys should join forces. Didn't mean to offend.
Now, now Timmy that was a low blow and in my gut. Bottom line, moo, moo, moo all the way home from crush is this: The selection process is or was in the wrong hands. Let's be honest. This does not take away from all the kids that worked hard and earned their spot. I have no idea whose hands have IT ((The List)), but I dont care anymore. I can speak on how this "new" selection process went from ODP to the Docs like a snap of a finger. I already shared. I want to last say this because the hate is coming my way in text and PMs to again, STFU!!! I'm now accused of joining forces with the Mac daddy of them all, Dre. First off, I have video and the stats to back it up back in the day. Real goals on video and taken on the best. Dre has no vidoes. Please Timmy, try again.

@MacDre I'm a glutton for punishment. So I'm going to assume your daughter is fact an unfound Girls' Soccer Unicorn with an IQ of 180. Amazing!!!

I would like to know more about the Equality subject. Are you arguing with USSF that every player should be given an invite to the US Player pool even the local Rec/AYSO all star? Or is it something else. Sorry, just want some more context.

Back