Surf ENCL vs. Slammers Koge

The two clubs agreed to reschedule instead of playing first game of league against each other.
That is such BS! Who do they think they are? The schedules out, you play the game. Didn’t a couple Cali teams have to drive out to AZ and play in 100+ heat? and these two programs get to delay their game because it’s a tough matchup. The other 15 programs in ECNL should be up in arms. Get over yourselves Surf and slammers. How did ECNL allow this?

It is strange that everyone else plays as scheduled but these 2 teams decide not to play on Saturday but then are fine to play on Sunday vs a different opponent (at least for Slammers). As one of the teams playing in 110 degrees in PHX, I wish our clubs had agreed to reschedule. Extreme heat warning seems like a pretty legit reason for that.

As one of the teams playing in 110 degrees in PHX, I wish our clubs had agreed to reschedule. Extreme heat warning seems like a pretty legit reason for that.
Looks like you guys held up ok in the heat. :)

That is such BS! Who do they think they are? The schedules out, you play the game. Didn’t a couple Cali teams have to drive out to AZ and play in 100+ heat? and these two programs get to delay their game because it’s a tough matchup. The other 15 programs in ECNL should be up in arms. Get over yourselves Surf and slammers. How did ECNL allow this?

Cool your jets, the polo fields were occupied with a music festival. Rescheduling games happens all season, this just happened to be week 1.

Cool your jets, the polo fields were occupied with a music festival. Rescheduling games happens all season, this just happened to be week 1.
GTFOH. Are you seriously claiming that ECNL and the clubs involved didn’t know about the music festival earlier? So are the parties involved inept, cheaters, or are they inept cheaters?

Player parent told me directors agreed to defer so neither would have to take an early season loss. Means nothing mathematically over a season but pure ego ! Fire up the repurcussion jets.

Wow, this sucks big Apples and so not fair and a complete joke of true competition and fairness. These two clubs own it all, moo!!! So let me get this straight. My dd drove with my wife to East SD in the afternoon on the I 5 frwy jammer. This alone is mentally tough on both player and parent. The girls played in 100 degree heat on Turf at 3pm on Saturday. Why? Because it was scheduled and when a game is scheduled you play the game. Then, the girls have to go do ice bath at 6pm, have dinner and then lights out for the next game in 12 freaking hours against the #1 club in da country, Surf SD ((who rescheduled their match so they could rest to take on my little goats team?)). WTF is up with this BS? Who scheduled this anyways? I will say from what I heard my kids team put up a strong fight and almost pulled off the miracle. I say because of the cheating, we should be awarded a point just because. This is embarrassing and not sport!!

Player parent told me directors agreed to defer so neither would have to take an early season loss. Means nothing mathematically over a season but pure ego ! Fire up the repurcussion jets.
Ya, this is why club soccer sucks right now. The haves and the have nots.

Doc: Hey Doc, it's hot and our girls are tired and need a rest. We also have some injuries. How about your teams?

Other Doc: Ya man, it's way too hot and we have girls out as well for many reasons. I can;t afford early loss either so lets reschedule?

Doc: Excellent.

This is what you get when you allow one club to have two teams in the league.
What does that have to do with it? Pretty sure it took both clubs to agree with this and sd surf doesn't have two teams in the league. That said, I'd love to hear what the ecnl rule is on rescheduling games...can any two clubs agree to reschedule games, or just certain clubs?

On an 06 side note, surprised to see koge tie on Sunday. Rebels is a solid team that plays pretty soccer, but assume koge would be a top team again this year. Just a good result for Rebels, or did koge have some turnover/injuries?

What does that have to do with it? Pretty sure it took both clubs to agree with this and sd surf doesn't have two teams in the league. That said, I'd love to hear what the ecnl rule is on rescheduling games...can any two clubs agree to reschedule games, or just certain clubs?
I stand corrected…should do a better job of reading the Headline…..

I have to go and get my head straight on all this. I feel pain from the cheating three years ago and it's bringing up old wounds. Nothing amazes me anymore what Docs will do to win :(

1. Surf always tilts situations in their favor when given the chance. If they don't get some kind of slap on the wrist for this type of behavior they're just going to double down on it next time there's an opportunity.

2. Phoenix Rising + Arizona Arsenal both had HOME games in the first week of ECNL league. Why? This is Monsoon season in AZ which means both Ungodly Hot (110+) and Humid. Just do away games for the first month for AZ clubs then double up on the home games later in the season.

The AZ Clubs had an actual reason to reschedule.

Back