Surf Cup

Well we will find out soon. Should be the best match in the 07G bracket.

I agree....hopefully it's a fun one for all involved......bummer the 07G bracket is missing so many of the top ECNL teams.....none from the top 6 last season made the trip......I understand the decisions but is a shame.....let me know how it goes!

You could well be right as I keep forgetting that the So Cal teams have not really played much compared to the teams in AZ due to Covid.....I'll stick to my score though as more fun to do that :)
I bet these teams have played nearly the same amount of soccer as the AZ and UT teams. Not with refs. And not keeping tracking of scores. But they've definitely had some games.

I bet these teams have played nearly the same amount of soccer as the AZ and UT teams. Not with refs. And not keeping tracking of scores. But they've definitely had some games.

you might be right.....I can tell you that our team in the valley and some of the clubs nearby us have barely played....it has .been a frustrating year for those following the guidelines.....at least we've been training

The Surf ECNL teams have been in and out of AZ over the past 4-5 months playing GA and ECNL teams. I have no idea what their practice environment has been in SD. When here, they've played at their usual high level and always appeared to be healthy and with large rosters. One particular weekend, they showed up and blew the doors off of two very good Del Sol teams (05/06). In both cases, the Del Sol teams were missing key players due to injuries and played with just a few subs off of the bench.

I guess my point is that the SD Surf ECNL teams have likely had a better time of it practicing and playing compared to other SOCAL teams.

You could well be right as I keep forgetting that the So Cal teams have not really played much compared to the teams in AZ due to Covid.....I'll stick to my score though as more fun to do that :)
You were close: 3-0 Surf. Nice win for Surf. The Royals squad is very good, likely the best 07G team in AZ. Who knows how it really played out on the pitch but good win nonetheless.

Hopefully it's a Top Hat/Surf finale. Georgia has been wide open for youth sports for a while. That will be another good GA/ECNL matchup. Wish we had more of them.

you might be right.....I can tell you that our team in the valley and some of the clubs nearby us have barely played....it has .been a frustrating year for those following the guidelines.....at least we've been training
Our family complains about the rules on the kids but we obey. It's the right thing to do. The best in all this is the girls are resting their over used knees bro.

Last edited:
You were close: 3-0 Surf. Nice win for Surf. The Royals squad is very good, likely the best 07G team in AZ. Who knows how it really played out on the pitch but good win nonetheless.

Hopefully it's a Top Hat/Surf finale. Georgia has been wide open for youth sports for a while. That will be another good GA/ECNL matchup. Wish we had more of them.
Are they sponsored by the Burger place Happy?

1609182762229.png

Congratulations to SD Surf Select Academy! Way to represent Cal South... glad you guys got that win over the Texans, who looked like they came to play. By the way, does anyone have commentary on the game? Looks like SD Surf Select is extremely underrated.. maybe the new #1 ?

Congratulations to SD Surf Select Academy! Way to represent Cal South... glad you guys got that win over the Texans, who looked like they came to play. By the way, does anyone have commentary on the game? Looks like SD Surf Select is extremely underrated.. maybe the new #1 ?
Very good game. Texans scored first, Surf gets it right back and goes ahead, 2-1 at halftime. Texans tie it up, Surf again goes ahead. Seven minutes left, Texan scores the last goal, game ended 3-3. Right to PK’s. All PK’s were perfect until the Texans hit the crossbar, and the last Surf shooter finished. All Surf PK’s were essentially unsaveable as the Texan gk was excellent. Incredible game.

Yes congrats socal!!!! My dd played Dallas Texans ((green team)) back in the day and they were huge. They would either knock my kid to the ground or she would run around them and pass or score. We won every time we played them :) Solar was one of the only Texas teams to beat us but we were playing up and only lost in OT.

Congrats to Surf. Way to bring it home for SoCal. Are they the best like @Trojan_mule asks? Maybe, but it's tough to know until all the teams are playing. But it does seem like Surf and Blues will be 1A & 1B once everyone is back on the field and playing games (whenever that is). Arsenal, Eagles, Albion are rounding out the top 5.

This didn't age well. ;)
Ill stand by it. They were beat by the only team that would beat them. If brackets were different they would be in the final. Tophat got beat by Arsenal who had lost to a mid tier APL team so.. still say Surf and RSL GA were the class of the 2007 group.

Back