Surf Cup

too late now to guest anywhere, We are going to Albion, but not with the team. As a guest on another team.
I see they still give out Guess Passes so that's cool. I love that btw. Not afraid to lose players. I asked one coach a long time ago if my dd could guess and It was a big fat no. I said you dont own my kid's playing rights dude and he got all mad with a huff and a puff.

they swapped surf teams, group C became a lot less vicious
Back in the day, someone like a Tech dad would find his way to the back end of the old Surf Brackets websites and State Cup too. All hell would break loose because Group D was loaded and Group A was weak. Then, around midnight, all the groups would get put back together and more even. Group of death is what we called it. Have fun Jimmy. No Blues top teams means any time can win now.

Surf Cup Predictions - The list is just all IMO. Remember, teams can be missing girls, guesting, etc. so anything can happen. Limited knowledge of the non-CA teams will factor in too.

Bracket A
1. San Diego Select
2. AZ Arsenal Teal
3. CCV Stars
4. SD Force
5. UCSC Spurs

* SD Surf wins bracket, AZ Teal gets #2 spot but not enough for wildcard (plays SD Surf). Few other good games mixed in AZ Teal vs CCV starts should be a real good watch.

Bracket B
1. Dallas Texans
2. Heat FC
3. RSL AZ
4. AZSC Johnson
5. Tulsa SC

* Toughest/Most competitive Bracket with Dallas Texans (best team?) pulling the #1 spot and Heat FC getting the #2 spot. Looks like all teams are solid in their respective states, so anything could happen here. Curious on the Tulsa team, not sure on competition in OK. Its very possible Heat FC gets the #2 spot and the wildcard spot...….TBD.

Bracket C
1. Albion
2. City SC
3. Players FC
4. SD Surf Academy
5. PRFC

* I'm taking Albion, even though City SC beat them in a tourney a few months ago (correct me if I'm wrong). Looking forward to the City SC vs Players FC game. Its possible City SC gets wild card spot #2....

Semi Finals
1. SD Surf Select (Winner Bracket A) vs Dallas Texans (Winner Bracket B) - Game of the tournament.....SD Surf 2 / Dallas Texans 1
1. Albion (Winner Bracket C) vs City FC (Wildcard #1) - Albion 3 / City SC 1

Finals
SD Surf 3/ Albion 2

SD Surf Select wins a super close match up....

Good luck to all the teams, stay safe!

Surf Cup Predictions - The list is just all IMO. Remember, teams can be missing girls, guesting, etc. so anything can happen. Limited knowledge of the non-CA teams will factor in too.

Bracket A
1. San Diego Select
2. AZ Arsenal Teal
3. CCV Stars
4. SD Force
5. UCSC Spurs

* SD Surf wins bracket, AZ Teal gets #2 spot but not enough for wildcard (plays SD Surf). Few other good games mixed in AZ Teal vs CCV starts should be a real good watch.

Bracket B
1. Dallas Texans
2. Heat FC
3. RSL AZ
4. AZSC Johnson
5. Tulsa SC

* Toughest/Most competitive Bracket with Dallas Texans (best team?) pulling the #1 spot and Heat FC getting the #2 spot. Looks like all teams are solid in their respective states, so anything could happen here. Curious on the Tulsa team, not sure on competition in OK. Its very possible Heat FC gets the #2 spot and the wildcard spot...….TBD.

Bracket C
1. Albion
2. City SC
3. Players FC
4. SD Surf Academy
5. PRFC

* I'm taking Albion, even though City SC beat them in a tourney a few months ago (correct me if I'm wrong). Looking forward to the City SC vs Players FC game. Its possible City SC gets wild card spot #2....

Semi Finals
1. SD Surf Select (Winner Bracket A) vs Dallas Texans (Winner Bracket B) - Game of the tournament.....SD Surf 2 / Dallas Texans 1

Finals
SD Surf 3/ Albion 2

Great work bro and not easy to do under these circumstances. No way Tech could do what he did back in the day. He had a run down on every team from anywhere that was playing at the Surf Cup or the best of all, Cal South State Cup. Now that was big time and Tech would spend hours up hours getting his info out there. Yes, it had some rumor mill and 50/50 stuff but man, he was spot on most of the time. We would pass on the latest info to him on who had hopped from one team to another and all the latest guesting rumors. Also, Tech found a way to get update injury report. Have fun guys and I miss this part of youth club soccer :)
@Technician72 thanks again for bringing fun to the forum back in the days of big time tournament action. It was a blast!!!

10-year-olds will be pissed that they can't play on their new Playstation instead of driving to Arizona today.
Not a true goat soccer player Face. Where you coach anyways? What level and what age? Boy or girls? No one is being forced to go or not go. However, my dd had to make that big decision of GDA or HS Soccer and was forced to decide and live it.

Some of them. My 10 year old would have been packing the car instead of opening presents.

Good luck to those who are playing.
Welcome back dad and that is a sign that you have a true goat on your hands. The key to help a girl goat is to make sure dad or mom was a goat. I'm not seeing that with you at this time. I knew a few dads who had a baby goat ((U10)) and said all this travel ball was too much and forbid his goat to play a lot. Well, she got bored a few years later and found a boyfriend instead. He told me how proud he was that my dd still loves to play the game of soccer and kicks himself sometimes for telling her soccer is too commercialized and controlled by a few soccer families.

Bracket A
1. San Diego Select
2. AZ Arsenal Teal
3. CCV Stars
4. SD Force
5. UCSC Spurs

Bracket B
1. Dallas Texans
2. Heat FC
3. RSL AZ
4. AZSC Johnson
5. Tulsa SC

Bracket C
1. Albion
2. City SC
3. Players FC
4. SD Surf Academy
5. PRFC

Semi Finals

Finals
SD Surf 3/ Albion 2

Looks like the top teams are impressing...…….Dallas Texans / SD Surf / Albion. Cant wait for the semis, going to be some great games. Any of those 3 can win it!

Looks like the top teams are impressing...…….Dallas Texans / SD Surf / Albion. Cant wait for the semis, going to be some great games. Any of those 3 can win it!
Watch out for those Texans. Anytime my dd team played a team from Texas they were way bigger and almost beat us at Surf Cup. I remember Liver Pool and their big red flag and their red sideline. They were ranked #1 from Gotsoccer and they got creamed. never made it out of group play. Go socal.

Don't know why but PRFC did NOT put their ECNL teams in the tournament. All the teams from PRFC are state league. Not sure what they were thinking there but...

Also CCV nor AZSC do not have a letter league teams. They are local only.

The Royals GA 07G team is a juggernaut who ever plays them will be in for a fight. Same goes for RSL 08 DesRosier they are not DA/DPL but just a really good team.

My dark horse would be that LA Galaxy SD/City SC Team... I believe that beat Albion in a stunner a couple of months ago..

Don't know why but PRFC did NOT put their ECNL teams in the tournament. All the teams from PRFC are state league. Not sure what they were thinking there but...

Also CCV nor AZSC do not have a letter league teams. They are local only.

The Royals GA 07G team is a juggernaut who ever plays them will be in for a fight. Same goes for RSL 08 DesRosier they are not DA/DPL but just a really good team.
The Royals GA 07 ladies rolled today, as did Surf and Top Hat. Royals and Surf meet tomorrow. That should be a fun match.

The rationale for PRFC not entering the olders was HS, don't know what drove them to not enter the 07s and 08s.

The Royals GA 07 ladies rolled today, as did Surf and Top Hat. Royals and Surf meet tomorrow. That should be a fun match.

The rationale for PRFC not entering the olders was HS, don't know what drove them to not enter the 07s and 08s.

My prediction is Surf will win this matchup 4-0.....

Back