SCDSL Splitting Off from Cal South

If games/scrimmages ARE NOT ALLOWED, then how does it happen. Does this mean that the clubs that went to oceanside are breaking the rules . So if Liverpool as a club goes to oceanside to do scrimmages and they pay the 100 dollars per team to scrimmage there, are they breaking the rules and how does US soccer not fine or punish them. Is it a private complex and thats how they get away with it. Even if its Private, how does a club like Liverpool (just a example) not worry about getting sued by parents or busted by the state?? Or better yet loose their license or coaches get banned.

It’s not just clubs breaking the rules. Restaurants and gyms are open and defying state mandates.
Here you go folks. All of your answers are in this presentation:
SCSDL Presentation

Pay close attention to the 2nd to last slide.
These are the SCDSL Technical Committee members that made this decision:
Alberto Bru: Real So Cal
Jon Szczuka: Pateadores
Reggie Rivas: California Athletics SC (who?). He is also the Vice President of Archer Travel Group (guess which company helps teams travel for tournaments?
Mauricio Ingrassia: Beach FC
Josh Hodges: Legends FC
Tad Bobak: SoCal Blues
Don Ebert: Strikers FC

These are the guys (notice there are no females) that created SCDSL in the 1st place. They are (mostly) the guys that ECNL (or ECNL RL) has been working with. ECNL is under US Club Soccer. So now they can register their ECNL players to play in SCDSL competitions (and crush the local clubs by bringing in ECNL ringers. They could do this before - but they had to also register that player with Cal-South).
makes me want to spam these idiots. There’s no value for most players in scdsl. We are the customer. These guys are nothing without us parents.

It’s not just clubs breaking the rules. Restaurants and gyms are open and defying state mandates.

makes me want to spam these idiots. There’s no value for most players in scdsl. We are the customer. These guys are nothing without us parents.
A wise coach once told me that socal youth soccer is one big business and the customers that pay are the parents. That is why so many came to our shores from England and other far away place. Bring the true and only Philosophy to America. We ((I)) bought it early on and here we are.

If games/scrimmages ARE NOT ALLOWED, then how does it happen. Does this mean that the clubs that went to oceanside are breaking the rules . So if Liverpool as a club goes to oceanside to do scrimmages and they pay the 100 dollars per team to scrimmage there, are they breaking the rules and how does US soccer not fine or punish them. Is it a private complex and thats how they get away with it. Even if its Private, how does a club like Liverpool (just a example) not worry about getting sued by parents or busted by the state?? Or better yet loose their license or coaches get banned.
There are no Club scrimmages at Oceanside. On occasion youth pick up games spontaneously erupt with kids playing in pinnies, but that's all.

Here you go folks. All of your answers are in this presentation:
SCSDL Presentation

Pay close attention to the 2nd to last slide.
These are the SCDSL Technical Committee members that made this decision:
Alberto Bru: Real So Cal
Jon Szczuka: Pateadores
Reggie Rivas: California Athletics SC (who?). He is also the Vice President of Archer Travel Group (guess which company helps teams travel for tournaments?
Mauricio Ingrassia: Beach FC
Josh Hodges: Legends FC
Tad Bobak: SoCal Blues
Don Ebert: Strikers FC

These are the guys (notice there are no females) that created SCDSL in the 1st place. They are (mostly) the guys that ECNL (or ECNL RL) has been working with. ECNL is under US Club Soccer. So now they can register their ECNL players to play in SCDSL competitions (and crush the local clubs by bringing in ECNL ringers. They could do this before - but they had to also register that player with Cal-South).

But do you feel like these guys had to make a move? With US Youth Soccer joining with the MLS the ECNL clubs had to do something to stay relevant. It seems like MLS is interested in getting a bigger piece of the youth soccer pie $$$ and are now creating their own leagues. If US Club Soccer didn't do something, in my opinion, they would start losing more clubs, and probably more importantly for the ECNL teams, the better players. Now there is a bridge between one of the largest youth leagues and the ECNL teams. For better or worse, it just seems like they needed to do something to try and stay competitive with MLS.

But do you feel like these guys had to make a move? With US Youth Soccer joining with the MLS the ECNL clubs had to do something to stay relevant. It seems like MLS is interested in getting a bigger piece of the youth soccer pie $$$ and are now creating their own leagues. If US Club Soccer didn't do something, in my opinion, they would start losing more clubs, and probably more importantly for the ECNL teams, the better players. Now there is a bridge between one of the largest youth leagues and the ECNL teams. For better or worse, it just seems like they needed to do something to try and stay competitive with MLS.
Same clowns, different circus.

What needs to happen is some actual leadership from US Soccer. Instead they are in bed with the people that will make money from this.

MLS Next is through USYS and Cal South is/was just a middle organization between leagues like CSL, DSL and others for USYS.

MLS decided they didn't need to pay or deal with middle persons so they went directly to USYS which makes sense for something that is nation wide.

DSL has now decided they also don't middle organizations either now so they deal directly with USclub saving $ and having more control.

Overall Cal South losses a huge opportunity and likely around 50,000 or more members since those clubs are now with USclub, MLS USYS, or have a reduced pool of players due to the covid economics.

MLS Next is through USYS and Cal South is/was just a middle organization between leagues like CSL, DSL and others for USYS.

MLS decided they didn't need to pay or deal with middle persons so they went direct.

DSL has now decided they also don't middle organizations either now so they deal directly with USclub saving $ and having more control.

Overall Cal South losses a huge opportunity and likely around 50,000 or more members since those clubs are now with USclub, MLS USYS, or just not not in club sports due to the covid economics.
I'm so confused. My dd has the U13 US Youth National Championship out of Frisco, TX. Is this the big one? I was told oldest trophy in USA. All these groups makes me dizzy. No wonder we have so many churches in America. Division is everywhere. Music? No, not allowed. Band? No, that's evil. My gosh, this all needed to be wiped out, ya?

I'm so confused. My dd has the U13 US Youth National Championship out of Frisco, TX. Is this the big one? I was told oldest trophy in USA. All these groups makes me dizzy. No wonder we have so many churches in America. Division is everywhere. Music? No, not allowed. Band? No, that's evil. My gosh, this all needed to be wiped out, ya?
It's like being a world champion in boxing. Only about 8 different champs per weight class.

It's like being a world champion in boxing. Only about 8 different champs per weight class.
No wonder you always knew I was hi on all that kool aid. Thanks for being soft on me when you knew all along was doped up. Seriously Coach, it took me this long to finally give up being champ in club soccer. With this latest news, it's like a spilt. I get it. Divorce happens and it happens in sports and in biz. No judgement from me at all.

If scdsl can get the larger csl and presidio teams to join, then this makes a lot of sense. The biggest loss is state cup and CRL. Does anyone know how many clubs are in csl and presidio?

Back