SCDSL Splitting Off from Cal South

Why? What does SCDSL gain from this?
The "one thing" SCDSL had going for it was "State Cup" each year. That was a Cal-South event.

Savings (registration, less expensive state regional cups) , less Cal South nonsense & restrictions, easier player movement without having to dual register. South division for San Diego or south county teams.

Lot more opportunities to play and be recognized. Regional, national events, showcases, pdp/id2, Nocal vs Socal state games, spring league so can play year around (CS spring leagues have been floops or not we'll attended). NPL locally without having to be a ECxx club or member of those closed circuits.

Usclub has been slowing making progress vs Cal South, with the expansion of ECxx, NPL's, and leagues like this joining up. Will Usclub eventually overtake CS in socal like what went down in Cal North?

I don’t think parents will see much of savings with this transition. The bigger opportunity is more competition with other regions.
My biggest concern is what does it mean for parents that already paid for the calsouth registration through club fees? Are we going to need to pay again?

I don’t think parents will see much of savings with this transition. The bigger opportunity is more competition with other regions.
My biggest concern is what does it mean for parents that already paid for the calsouth registration through club fees? Are we going to need to pay again?

This is for next season 2021-2. US club registration instead of Cal South.

In the long run usclub south regional cup with 5 games minimum and more central locations: (Silver lakes, etc) will be less expensive to enter, less travel, for more games. Win that and get a chance to play for a real state cup vs Nocal teams.

Will non-SCDSL teams still be accepted at Surf Cup?

?
Surf cup has always taken usclub teams and Cal South teams so why not?

CSL & presidio league clubs / teams could be the only ones still in Cal South starting the 2021-2 season.

Unlike CSL (which is silent on affiliation), SCDSL actually requires affiliation with both US Youth Soccer/Cal South AND US Club Soccer in its ByLaws.

http://scdslsoccer.com/_files/SCDSL-Bylaws_2.pdf

ARTICLE IV
AFFILIATION

The Corporation shall affiliate and comply with the authority of the California Youth Soccer Association-South (“CalSouth”), the United States Youth Soccer Association (USYSA), the United States Soccer Federation (“USSF”), and U.S. ClubSoccer.

Perhaps it has changed its bylaws from what is publicly available or this is just a change in where it has its main registration, while not foreclosing individual participation in Cal South events (as occurs now for NPL play for example).

Looks like Michelle Chesters has roles at both SCDSL and Surf Cup Sports? If so, adds an interesting layer of control, influence and $$. Another Surf powerplay? Are there other execs who overlap at Surf Cup Sports and SCDSL?

Tournament Director: Name: Michelle Chesters. Email: michelle@surfcupsports.com

Howard Fink also VP of SCDSL and Prez of Real SoCal. So the clubs with execs on the SCDSL board will clearly gain more control over everything by excluding Cal South--tournaments, player id, $$, calendars, etc.

You may not save money but you will get more for it....

Looks like Michelle Chesters has roles at both SCDSL and Surf Cup Sports? If so, adds an interesting layer of control, influence and $$. Another Surf powerplay? Are there other execs who overlap at Surf Cup Sports and SCDSL?

Who didn't see that coming?

?
Surf cup has always taken usclub teams and Cal South teams so why not?

CSL & presidio league clubs / teams could be the only ones still in Cal South starting the 2021-2 season.

Surf has always had many of their teams playing in Presidio League (except for the years when they all left and the year Presidio clubs voted to keep them out when they wanted to come back). Are they going to continue that?

Is Michelle Chester FKA Michelle Romero?

Is that supposed to be new news?

I am not familiar with Surf at all, (other than by name,) but what I've realized is that people either love them or hate them :)

I guess that can be said for clubs in Norcal too.

Howard Fink also VP of SCDSL and Prez of Real SoCal. So the clubs with execs on the SCDSL board will clearly gain more control over everything by excluding Cal South--tournaments, player id, $$, calendars, etc.
Robert Simon, the treasurer, is also the treasurer and Board member at Beach.

Back