SCDSL Splitting Off from Cal South

Usclub has allowed scrimmages and play since June so that seems like a benefit or at least a plan that worked?
US Club allowed scrimmages? On what property? Most fields that I am aware of are following state, city and county guidelines and haven't allowed (legally) anything to be played.

I'd be fine if SCDSL goes away and we all go back to Coast. Leave ECNL to do it's own thing. And then let GA and NPL fight it out for the next level.

US Club allowed scrimmages? On what property? Most fields that I am aware of are following state, city and county guidelines and haven't allowed (legally) anything to be played.

I'd be fine if SCDSL goes away and we all go back to Coast. Leave ECNL to do it's own thing. And then let GA and NPL fight it out for the next level.

Complexs like SB, oceanside, and other facilities has been open for last 3 months. Usclub teams have been playing locally and traveling for league games and tournaments since summer.

Complexs like SB, oceanside, and other facilities has been open for last 3 months. Usclub teams have been playing locally and traveling for league games and tournaments since summer.
SCDSL teams have been doing the same. (At least playing local scrimmages and traveling for tournaments. No league games obviously). I dont think either SCDSL, US Club, CalSouth, ECNL, GA, DPL, etc have had any "sanctioned" games in California this year.

SCDSL teams have been doing the same. (At least playing local scrimmages and traveling for tournaments. No league games obviously). I dont think either SCDSL, US Club, CalSouth, ECNL, GA, DPL, etc have had any "sanctioned" games in California this year.

You asked who was doing those things legally?

Has Cal South permitted scrimmages or games in socal at all for 20-21? Several posters say no not yet there return play does not allow that, defer to heath or youth sports guidance. Warnings issued multiple times from CS about going past conditioning, drills, 6' apart,etc

I usually hate on SCDSL but I can see why they are making this move. One of the reasons Cal South State & National Cups are tournaments players & parents looks forward to is the opportunity to play against teams from other leagues. So a team from Coast may be bracketed against SCDSL or PSL/SDDA team. This move from SCDSL would stop that from happening since they’d be hosting their own iteration of the state championship which as someone on the thread has said is advantageous due to scheduling. In my opinion it’s more of a league cup since it seems exclusive to SCDSL. US Club Soccer as of right now doesn’t sanction a legitimate state championship in California unless you would like to count CSLs California Cup as one since it’s sanctioned by USCS. Also, US Club Soccer’s bylaws allow anyone to host a state championship which is why SCDSL can do this. Someone asked if ECNL teams may participate and the answer is yes but they’d have to pay an extra fee. Cal North already has their own state cup so I’m assuming this North v South thing would be against the winner of THAT tournament. Would this be a blow to Cal South? Or will some SCDSL teams move to Coast?

I usually hate on SCDSL but I can see why they are making this move. One of the reasons Cal South State & National Cups are tournaments players & parents looks forward to is the opportunity to play against teams from other leagues. So a team from Coast may be bracketed against SCDSL or PSL/SDDA team. This move from SCDSL would stop that from happening since they’d be hosting their own iteration of the state championship which as someone on the thread has said is advantageous due to scheduling. In my opinion it’s more of a league cup since it seems exclusive to SCDSL. US Club Soccer as of right now doesn’t sanction a legitimate state championship in California unless you would like to count CSLs California Cup as one since it’s sanctioned by USCS. Also, US Club Soccer’s bylaws allow anyone to host a state championship which is why SCDSL can do this. Someone asked if ECNL teams may participate and the answer is yes but they’d have to pay an extra fee. Cal North already has their own state cup so I’m assuming this North v South thing would be against the winner of THAT tournament. Would this be a blow to Cal South? Or will some SCDSL teams move to Coast?
Norcal has a state cup, and Cal North has a state cup.

You guys aren’t the only ones who get to be stupid and split your talent pool. We can all do it.

Seriously. We've had almost a year of no soccer being played in California. And the best that a main league and the governing body can come up with during this break is to break up?
How does this help players?
How does this help coaches?
How does this help referees?
What does this to for pay-to-play?
What does this do for the ridiculous "tryout" process that starts before the final games are played?
Will this reduce travel?

For the record- these are all things that our soccer leadership should be focused on right now.

Come on, you get a $2 discount on your player registration!

I usually hate on SCDSL but I can see why they are making this move.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Or will some SCDSL teams move to Coast?

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to reiterate my statement that we are currently in the middle of a black swan event for club soccer in California. Real disposable income is dropping. Club sports are the first things to go in times of economic insecurity and this is going to be a million times worse than post-9/11 or 2008. All of the moves you're going to see over the next six months are in trying to grab a larger slice of a rapidly-dwindling pie.

If this kills Cal South, that's fantastic, but let's face facts about how shitty the landscape is in general right now. There are a ton of quality players, maybe not the superstars but good solid quality players whose parents are bailing on the sport. I think we're going to be devastated when fall 2021 schedules come out. "What happened to X, what happened to Y..."

As a manager of a youth team, I don’t see any value other than maybe not playing in Lancaster for state cup. I am not a fan of tournaments but State Cup/National Cup is the real deal. If we can’t play against CSL or Presidio teams, it dilutes the tournament significantly. I will be raising my concerns to our club.
They should have just merged with CSL and Presidio to decrease the travel distance during the regular season. Oh that’s right, I forgot that they are doing this to make more money!!!!

Playing scrimmages at SB and Oceanside is legal or not legal? Allowed or not allowed.....just trying to clarify

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
It's too bad greed got in the way and pay per play was the norm. I agree, new things are coming and it wont be about almighty $$$$, that so many cheat to win so they more of the money pie. Be a good boy or girl right now before Christmas and watch Santa and his helpers bring blessing upon blessing being poured out like beer from a keg.

Playing scrimmages at SB and Oceanside is legal or not legal? Allowed or not allowed.....just trying to clarify
By state rules, clearly not allowed. Whole region is under stay at home.

But it’s probably more important to shift Christmas to zoom.

I zoom with Christ everyday and it's free. ChrisTmas is for those who love Jesus. Let them meet to worship for one day. LA Mayor allows for protest, I think he and some of the atheists should allow one day to worship their King? I would not mess with ChrisTmas is all I can say. Good luck with that mindset. Darkness is coming Daddy4 so get ready for things that will blow your mind, yes, even your math mind. Go Christ!!!!!

If games/scrimmages ARE NOT ALLOWED, then how does it happen. Does this mean that the clubs that went to oceanside are breaking the rules . So if Liverpool as a club goes to oceanside to do scrimmages and they pay the 100 dollars per team to scrimmage there, are they breaking the rules and how does US soccer not fine or punish them. Is it a private complex and thats how they get away with it. Even if its Private, how does a club like Liverpool (just a example) not worry about getting sued by parents or busted by the state?? Or better yet loose their license or coaches get banned.

Back