SCDSL Splitting Off from Cal South

Yes, I'm sure this is all about supporting the players and their families. I'm sure the big clubs are doing this for charitable purposes and has nothing to do with lining their own pockets. Happy holidays!
Based on that presentation posted by soccer the proceeds are being reinvested back into new programs the league is building. Hiring new staff and adding programs doesn’t sound like linking anyone’s pockets. They seem like they are focusing on transparency but I guess time will tell

I'm going to venture to guess that DSL wants to keep more $ with the clubs or league and give away less to Cal South. The fees they ask or State, National cup, or CRl plus the venues and scheduling have never been great or a good value (3 games).

That and the Cal South botched return to play while Usclub leagues have been playing the whole time. Cal south's heyday is essential over with 4 or more leagues taking clubs and teams from them. ECxx, NPL's , Girls GA, Dpl, and now DSL.

Some clubs will no longer need to be part of Cal South since all there teams will play in other leagues in 2021-2.

Being a fair weather partner is fine when things are going well but as CS demonstrated when you no longer provide value or help when needed, are struck in your ways people look elsewhere for better alternatives that cost less.

I'm going to venture to guess that DSL wants to keep more $ with the clubs or league and give away less to Cal South. The fees they ask or State, National cup, or CRl plus the venues and scheduling have never been great or a good value (3 games).

That and the Cal South botched return to play while Usclub leagues have been playing the whole time. Cal south's heyday is essential over with 4 or more leagues taking clubs and teams from them. ECxx, NPL's , Girls GA, Dpl, and now DSL.

Some clubs will no longer need to be part of Cal South since all there teams will play in other leagues in 2021-2.

Being a fair weather partner is fine when things are going well but as CS demonstrated when you no longer provide value or help when needed, are struck in your ways people look elsewhere for better alternatives that cost less.
Now that the DA debacle is over, it is just good to see that youth soccer is consolidating and becoming less fragmented.

Now that the DA debacle is over, it is just good to see that youth soccer is consolidating and becoming less fragmented.
Seriously. We've had almost a year of no soccer being played in California. And the best that a main league and the governing body can come up with during this break is to break up?
How does this help players?
How does this help coaches?
How does this help referees?
What does this to for pay-to-play?
What does this do for the ridiculous "tryout" process that starts before the final games are played?
Will this reduce travel?

For the record- these are all things that our soccer leadership should be focused on right now.

ok, is the following a good list of the benefits calsouth provides to member leagues/clubs:

1) Age verification via player cards
2) insurance
3) Access to State Cup/National Cup
4) Access to ODP

is there anything else?

(not making an argument for or against. just trying to understand)

ok, is the following a good list of the benefits calsouth provides to member leagues/clubs:

1) Age verification via player cards - so does US Club Soccer. But the cards are valid across state lines eliminating the need for travel papers when playing our of state.
2) insurance - so does US Club Soccer
3) Access to State Cup/National Cup - again, no change.
4) Access to ODP - still relevant?

is there anything else?

My thoughts (added above)

1) Age verification via player cards
2) insurance
3) Access to State Cup/National Cup
4) Access to ODP

is there anything else?

Coach training. Most US Soccer licensing is run by state associations like Cal South, even though the license is from US Soccer.

My thoughts (added above)

So does that just mean that they are both essentially the same. Only now, the money goes to a private entity where all the money is consolidated among just a few guys as opposed to a bunch of people? As people may know, due to many negative posts by me over many, many years of dealing with them, I am not Calsouth's biggest fan but I am struggling to see how this is meaningful change (don't regurgitate their sales pitch presentation) for the players and the pay to play system to truly improve things. This just appears to be the same good ole boy network of guys looking to take a greater piece of the pie for themselves. Seems like a money grab. As for travel papers??? 95% percent of players will never need them. The few that do, it was/is a very simple one page process. We have traveled extensively over the years and most times, they aren't even required or asked for. So uproot a system so one guy (usually the team manager) doesn't have to click the request travel papers button? There is more to it than that.

So does that just mean that they are both essentially the same. Only now, the money goes to a private entity where all the money is consolidated among just a few guys as opposed to a bunch of people? As people may know, due to many negative posts by me over many, many years of dealing with them, I am not Calsouth's biggest fan but I am struggling to see how this is meaningful change (don't regurgitate their sales pitch presentation) for the players and the pay to play system to truly improve things. This just appears to be the same good ole boy network of guys looking to take a greater piece of the pie for themselves. Seems like a money grab. As for travel papers??? 95% percent of players will never need them. The few that do, it was/is a very simple one page process. We have traveled extensively over the years and most times, they aren't even required or asked for. So uproot a system so one guy (usually the team manager) doesn't have to click the request travel papers button? There is more to it than that.
Why do you think this move has anything to do with changing the Pay to Play system? Life isn’t free, someone has to pay for fields, equipment, trainers, etc. Until US Pro Clubs are making money on selling players, you will never see a free system succeed.

Seriously. We've had almost a year of no soccer being played in California. And the best that a main league and the governing body can come up with during this break is to break up?
What does this do for the ridiculous "tryout" process that starts before the final games are played?
Will this reduce travel?

For the record- these are all things that our soccer leadership should be focused on right now.

Instead of having to deal with and pay both Peter & Paul now you just have to pay Paul who provides better service and plans at a lower rate.

US Club released a real return to play in May. Following the prescribed 4 step 8 week course and teams where or could be back playing by end of June or early July.

Cal South did what? Or has done what since March besides collection a sizeable loan we're all paying for, more registration fees, while holding up your prior tournament fees. Several threads asking those questions?

As a former club hopper, I had to deal with Cal South a few times. I found it so hard to get my dd moved from team to team during the mid season hop. It took some tough calls to make things happen. They did make things right and we will be forever grateful. It was the year of the Natty run and one club was not happy about the hop and one was really super duper happy we hopped back to the family. I hope it all works out for all involved.

Will this reduce travel?

- Players will have a State Cup that actually looks and feels like a real Event as it should. Also seeded based on league, not a blind draw so better competition. More games at better fields/venues. Player ID programs with scouts not affiliated with any so cal clubs. More teams going to the regional portion of the tournament.
- better coaching education options including dates that work around club schedule making access easier. Control of the schedule helps keep teams together and rolling a little easier since the schedule is a little more drawn out. Goes to your ? About tryout process. Leage and state cup extending through January stretches things out so hopefully puts tryouts back in Spring.
- travel reduced. At least for state cup. No more Lancaster, Coachella, Temecula, San Bernardino. Obviously if your coming from Palmdale then yes more travel but for the vast majority it’ll be less.

Back