NEW ECNL CHAT

My point is NOT against HS Soccer as a whole. My DD is pretty stoked about playing but would prefer the experience be “different” than what our neighbor experienced in her 4 yrs starting as a Varsity Captain. That again is program specific and purely from a competitive standpoint. I agree on the Social benefits.

If the AD asks my opinion, I will certainly give it.
Quick comment on HS soccer.
How often do you see kids wearing a club t-shirt/jacket when not at a club game or practice? Not very often is my observation.

I see girls from the local high schools wearing a high school soccer t-shirt/sweatshirt/jacket ALL the time. (My kid has been living in hers lately).

It doesn't mean the soccer is that great. But I think it's important to recognize that our kids are pretty proud to play for their HS.

Couple former GDA clubs to the regional league.

Seems Like ECNL / ECRL is playing a different chess match than the GA right now.

Seems Like ECNL / ECRL is playing a different chess match than the GA right now.
Can you expand on that? Looks to me like GA has settled their regions, keeping it manageable, while ECNL and ECRL is adding teams weekly to reduce travel but at the same time, perhaps diluting the elite-ness..

Can you expand on that? Looks to me like GA has settled their regions, keeping it manageable, while ECNL and ECRL is adding teams weekly to reduce travel but at the same time, perhaps diluting the elite-ness..

Just appears that ECNL has made moves to block GA from becoming a major threat. Socal with Surf, Legends, Beach all jumping to ECNL / ECRL leaves those other teams in a rough spot. ECNL seems to add very good clubs to block the GA from having those very good clubs involved. ECNL will have larger conferences with what appears to be less travel than the GA and I think there will be top clubs and middle clubs. I do not see ECNL/ECRL having true bottom feeders. I could be wrong. Do you think GA is more elite in nature or less diluted? (not trying to start an argument as we all have gone down that sinkhole) I think ECNL / ECRL SW Conference is a bear of a place to play on both the boys and girls side. Just my opinion.

Just think about how huge this country is (size and population) and the GA has less than 60 teams spread across the entire country. I think the DA tried to do the same thing with about 65 teams, but they were going to lose a few back to ECNL this year if they had not disbanded.

The ECNL, on the other hand, now has about 120 clubs between ECNL/ECRL spread out over about the same area. That's not great, but it's twice as good as the DA last year and the GA this year. I grew up in Texas and the travel in that GA region is incomprehensible to me and, to make matters worse, the GA/DPL teams probably WON'T be using buses this season for their long trips. The families will travel alone most likely to those away games and most of them are in other states. It's just too much, in my opinion, for the GA. The DA was able to convince clubs to do it for a couple of years, but maybe their small number of teams helped them decide to disband the DA given all of the travel issues going forward. That can all change with a vaccine, of course, but we have no vaccine for SARS and MERS so it could it could be a while before we get one for Covid.

Another issue for the GA is it just looks bad that many of their top clubs are eager to accept an ECRL-only invitation from the ECNL for this upcoming season. If they were truly "all in" on the GA concept, then you'd expect them to turn down the ECRL and just move forward with GA and DPL teams.

Everyone can understand FC Dallas dumping the GA a week after it was announced to return to full ECNL membership, but teams like Legends, Beach, etc. only received ECRL invites. In addition, the ECRL/GA teams like Beach told the GA their top teams would only do the GA, but I sincerely doubt that will be the case.

Just appears that ECNL has made moves to block GA from becoming a major threat. Socal with Surf, Legends, Beach all jumping to ECNL / ECRL leaves those other teams in a rough spot. ECNL seems to add very good clubs to block the GA from having those very good clubs involved. ECNL will have larger conferences with what appears to be less travel than the GA and I think there will be top clubs and middle clubs. I do not see ECNL/ECRL having true bottom feeders. I could be wrong. Do you think GA is more elite in nature or less diluted? (not trying to start an argument as we all have gone down that sinkhole) I think ECNL / ECRL SW Conference is a bear of a place to play on both the boys and girls side. Just my opinion.
Blues and Galaxy former DA clubs and strong ones not in GA also along with Surf Real So Cal and rumored Beach and Legends A teams former DA teams. Definitely leaves those other clubs in a rough spot imagine if Beach and Legends got in ECNL next year and no longer had any teams in GA would become an 8 team league with 3 out of state. The Galaxy team I am a bit familiar with the players joined Beach Slammers Breakers ECNL/ECRL

Blues and Galaxy former DA clubs and strong ones not in GA also along with Surf Real So Cal and rumored Beach and Legends A teams former DA teams. Definitely leaves those other clubs in a rough spot imagine if Beach and Legends got in ECNL next year and no longer had any teams in GA would become an 8 team league with 3 out of state. The Galaxy team I am a bit familiar with the players joined Beach Slammers Breakers ECNL/ECRL

All in all it sounds little like GA is a frail startup confronting the ECNL juggernaut. Scary for involved players and parents who can only say : “we trust you coach.”

I just saw an ad for tryouts. They mention:
ECNL (regional I think. But they kinda hide this part).
GAL
DPL
SCDSL
From the looks of how they are showing coaching assignments- the ECNL RL and the GAL team will either be 1 team or the coach will have both teams.

Attachments

• D0F95B90-7FE9-40B6-B664-43E857D52FC1.jpeg
    D0F95B90-7FE9-40B6-B664-43E857D52FC1.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 133
Pats' post says former GDA teams will play in both ECNL RL and GAL. Their respective reserve or second teams will stay in DPL. Interesting to see how the ECRL/GAL team will manage both league play at the same time... maybe communication between those leagues? We'll see

I wrote this over at the CO thread. I want to petition Mr Lavers to add Beach & Legends to the ECNL fold. Their arguably the two best clubs with the best teams in the country, at least at the 03 and 04 age groups.

Great info on CO bro. My buddy from the YP days moved to Highlands Ranch and then a few more moved to HR. They all love it there and I used to see their pics all the time on FB. My wife and I almost "checked" it out in 2003. That Real CO 04' team is tough with maybe a future WNT player on that team. I just talked to my neighbor and he and his wifey and two kids are out of here and are moving to CO. I will ask what city. He said he can;t take it anymore in Cali and wants to be free and be outdoors. I can say when I see my old pal and his peace, I get a little jealous. However, I love the Beach and I have to Surf even though I get Slammers and Slammers some more when I hit the shore break hard. Real So Cal Elite Surfing Club will be coming soon with beach soccer. Socal Blues oceans are a site to be scene. I know I'm a Legend in my own mind, but heck, if your not Gunners for the best, then why try being the best Strikers off all time? Some of the beaches have some big Breakers and the Sharks are always trying kill us in the water, we must sore like the Eagles and never give up :) I know I'm a Rebels and take a lot of Heat from some of you, let's all try and find the middle grown so we can reboot this planet. Lying and cheating seem to be the #1 issue. Let's try and just do a white lie and leave the dangerous and evil lies out and we should be all good. The sun is always Rising in the East and I will always carry my Arsenal with me :)

16 in the SW ECNL Conference ((Mr Lavers, unless I'm out of the loop, we need Beach & Legends top teams added to the 2020-2021 season))

West Coast Division
Beach FC
LAFC
Real Socal
Socal Blues
LA Breakers
Strikers
Eagles
Slammers

Desert Division
San Diego Surf
Arsenal AZ
Phoenix Rising
Rebels
Del mar Sharks
Las Vegas Heat
Legends
Arsenal Inland E

Pats' post says former GDA teams will play in both ECNL RL and GAL. Their respective reserve or second teams will stay in DPL. Interesting to see how the ECRL/GAL team will manage both league play at the same time... maybe communication between those leagues? We'll see
So, can ECRL be the main league like SCDSL used to be for these clubs and GAL be the second league they play in like CRL? I know in the past many of the 1st teams played in both “leagues”. Is this how Pats, Beach, West Coast, and Legends will have one team in both leagues? One crazy good team killing their opponents (who have the real ECNL teams) 2nd teams. There are going to be some serious blowouts, not very competitive for a few teams.

I wrote this over at the CO thread. I want to petition Mr Lavers to add Beach & Legends to the ECNL fold. Their arguably the two best clubs with the best teams in the country, at least at the 03 and 04 age groups.

Great info on CO bro. My buddy from the YP days moved to Highlands Ranch and then a few more moved to HR. They all love it there and I used to see their pics all the time on FB. My wife and I almost "checked" it out in 2003. That Real CO 04' team is tough with maybe a future WNT player on that team. I just talked to my neighbor and he and his wifey and two kids are out of here and are moving to CO. I will ask what city. He said he can;t take it anymore in Cali and wants to be free and be outdoors. I can say when I see my old pal and his peace, I get a little jealous. However, I love the Beach and I have to Surf even though I get Slammers and Slammers some more when I hit the shore break hard. Real So Cal Elite Surfing Club will be coming soon with beach soccer. Socal Blues oceans are a site to be scene. I know I'm a Legend in my own mind, but heck, if your not Gunners for the best, then why try being the best Strikers off all time? Some of the beaches have some big Breakers and the Sharks are always trying kill us in the water, we must sore like the Eagles and never give up :) I know I'm a Rebels and take a lot of Heat from some of you, let's all try and find the middle grown so we can reboot this planet. Lying and cheating seem to be the #1 issue. Let's try and just do a white lie and leave the dangerous and evil lies out and we should be all good. The sun is always Rising in the East and I will always carry my Arsenal with me :)

16 in the SW ECNL Conference ((Mr Lavers, unless I'm out of the loop, we need Beach & Legends top teams added to the 2020-2021 season))

West Coast Division
Beach FC
LAFC
Real Socal
Socal Blues
LA Breakers
Strikers
Eagles
Slammers

Desert Division
San Diego Surf
Arsenal AZ
Phoenix Rising
Rebels
Del mar Sharks
Las Vegas Heat
Legends
Arsenal Inland E
Please stop posting. Your posts are always nonsense and never have any substance besides telling about some part of your life. You seem like the type that talks to strangers and tells them your life story.....oh wait you already do that here.

Please stop posting. Your posts are always nonsense and never have any substance besides telling about some part of your life. You seem like the type that talks to strangers and tells them your life story.....oh wait you already do that here.
Guru, I'm sorry but I will never stop posting until I want too. I read all your predictions and you have been so off. Just a Blues hater, that's all. Don;t like playing kickball and you know it all. Nothing you say is true dude.

ECNL SW is on fire and I want Beach & Legends top teams added this year. I'm allowed to say that. Plus, I want to travel to Vegas, AZ and NorCal. I sometimes add a personal story to my takes to make it more real. I like real. I hate fakes, cheats and liars. I'm the type of dude that if you beat me fair and square, I give you a fist pump and say, "congratulations and you win." I don;t go take over a club so I can make money and make sure my kid plays all the time. How could one get mad at me for that and tell me to stop posting up on you and others who have a different view point. Ignore me Guru and don;t respond to my rants or me talking and talking about myself. When you see my post, skip over it. I won;t stop just because you say so, that's for sure. Carry on with your takes. I'm hoping we can play soccer soon. What club are you at again?

Quick comment on HS soccer.
How often do you see kids wearing a club t-shirt/jacket when not at a club game or practice? Not very often is my observation.

I see girls from the local high schools wearing a high school soccer t-shirt/sweatshirt/jacket ALL the time. (My kid has been living in hers lately).

It doesn't mean the soccer is that great. But I think it's important to recognize that our kids are pretty proud to play for their HS.
Never from my few times on campus but then again, it's just watching volleyball and soccer matches and a track meet and one football game. I can't ever recall seeing someone walking around with their volleyball club sweat shirt on or soccer club jacket. It's usually, "Go Beach Soccer" or "Go Breakers" or I usually say just for the fun of it, "go Artists." I even have a a cool sweat shirt I wear around town. Our community supports all their HS teams, win or lose but they really like it when you win for the city. Not easy though :)

SA: Anything else you want to add or address?

TEDDY CHRONOPOULOS
: "Just that it’s really not an either or proposition in terms of MLS or ECNL as both MLS and non-MLS clubs can and should be working together as we move forward. As an example, in a city the size of Los Angeles, or even a region as big as say Missouri and Kansas where there is only one MLS club but multiple ECNL clubs, there are hundreds of prospective top-level players. Giving all of those players an opportunity to play, compete, improve, travel less and develop can happen in any top level environment. And sometimes, that “best environment” for a player is at a non-MLS club. If, over time, those players playing in a non-MLS academy show something unique, and the MLS and local ECNL clubs have nurtured their relationship, then conversations can take place over what is best for that player and how to move forward. The goal really has to be communication. As I said above, we have a good relationship with MLS clubs so we are excited about the future and what it might look like."

If SA ever asked me if i want to address anything else I would just say that my poor little rocket girl was forced with an Either Or proposition the last two and half years and that was wrong and unfair, even if it's free. Anyway, I wish all the leagues will open soon so the girls and boys can play soccer.

This is a very one-sided chess match if that’s what you are comparing it to. ECNL/RL has the cream of the crop (with a few”ah damn we should have never taken that club”) thrown in the mix. GA (which isn’t really an academy program just a word they stole from US Soccer) are the shit clubs that can’t get in to ECNL/RL with leadership still trying to control their own league selling it as an academy league with some wonky, misdirected pathway to college. There is no comparison.

This is a very one-sided chess match if that’s what you are comparing it to. ECNL/RL has the cream of the crop (with a few”ah damn we should have never taken that club”) thrown in the mix. GA (which isn’t really an academy program just a word they stole from US Soccer) are the shit clubs that can’t get in to ECNL/RL with leadership still trying to control their own league selling it as an academy league with some wonky, misdirected pathway to college. There is no comparison.
Any time one group calls another a “shit club”, the bias is out there front and center.

We all know that the main criteria for ECNL is simple. ECNL clubs want to restrict admission because they want less competition. They are willing to admit a few clubs if that’s what it takes to kill bigger competiton, like DA or GA.

If it were about “shit clubs”, it would be based on win/loss, and called pro/rel.

there are still great players in both leagues that might not move one way or the other and check-mate may never be obtained.

Back