NEW ECNL CHAT

My kids are at two different clubs. Daughter plays ECNL. My son is younger and plays locally. Both clubs reduced the initial deposits to accept their spot for the year. Daughter’s club was $250. Son’s was only $50. I think deposits were about $600 each last year. Paying the deposit contractually binds you for the year.

Neither club raised prices this year and both offered refunds ($600 & $800) to apply towards tuition for 20/21 season. Both clubs offered pay in full, quarterly or monthly payment plans.

Overall I think they have been very fair about it. I’ve also heard that both clubs have been accommodating to parents who may have lost their jobs. Essentially taking the position they’d work something out financially and would have a spot for every kid who played with them last year. May not be on the same team, but no one was getting tossed out of the club for $ reasons or because a better 9 year old showed up this year.
That is super cool :)

Question about ECNL fees: Is it typical for a club to ask for an upfront payment of both fall and spring seasons? DA fees were split in to two seasons.
There may not be a spring season this next year if covid makes a comeback. Money grab by clubs to stay in business. We are not in a "typical" season ahead.

Back