NEW ECNL CHAT

Your hypothetical example is just nonsense. Yes, there are HS coaches and situations that aren’t ideal. Yes, there are also ECNL coaches and situations that are not ideal. Making up a fake reason as an example why one might not be great for someone in theory, and then extrapolating it out to rationalize why an entire system is terrible and also why everyone should just do what you want instead of what is best for them, is just more of the same b.s. that was proven wrong when the GDA collapsed.

Plus, the pandemic has put an unavoidable spotlight on the fact that making soccer drones is inconsequential compared to the sense of community, recognition among your peers, and building of self-esteem that HS sports provides and which is far more important to a child’s development as a person, now more than ever.
So how do you know it’s a “made up example”? Is it because it fits your narrative? Unfortunately, I know this to be fact.

My entire point was that one CAN NOT extrapolate or rationalize an entirety off of a single example. Why are you are you arguing that point when we pretty much agree?

I have to agree with EOTL on this one and I love HS Soccer!!! At least give me some credit for loving HS Soccer eotl. Being called the dumbest and I love HS Soccer makes zero sense but whatever. I actually believe HS Soccer will be the kick off for soccer and it will awesome. I was say if you're a top player and you have a crappy hs school and coach or both, look to transfer to a private school or have a talk with the AD and get that lazy coach fired and find a good club coach who could use a few extra bucks. Boosters can pay a little extra then the .75 an hour the HS coach gets from the district.
My point is NOT against HS Soccer as a whole. My DD is pretty stoked about playing but would prefer the experience be “different” than what our neighbor experienced in her 4 yrs starting as a Varsity Captain. That again is program specific and purely from a competitive standpoint. I agree on the Social benefits.

If the AD asks my opinion, I will certainly give it.

You are corrupting another thread with a pretty myopic take on the pandemic and its varied consequences. You insist that people affirmatively state that, by wanting to open the economy and not bankrupt small and large businesses alike, preserve the widespread availability of air travel, preserve an economy that funds medical research and on-demand care, not add trillions upon trillions of dollars to the national debt that will be the responsibility of those of us who are younger than 60, that they believe it is worth killing old people in order to open up. See the attached. Are you prepared to accept that you want children abused in greater numbers in order to protect yourself and other elderly people from this virus? What about spousal abuse? Cancer deaths? Suicides? If we are going to play the moral hazard game, step right up and take your own seat as well. If you are not prepared to state that you want more children beaten, depressed people to kill themselves, cancer patients to die and livelihoods destroyed to avoid more older people getting sick, then maybe you should shut-up. And if you are, then maybe you should spend some time reflecting about what kind of person you are at this point. Older people sheltering in place and otherwise following safety guidelines have a chance to keep themselves safe Forcing all people to shelter in place is certainly resulting in more kids getting beaten to the point of hospitalization and other sick people dying in greater numbers. There can be more than one bad outcome from this and your disregard of the real and escalating consequences to others makes you exactly the selfish jerk that you are seeing in so many others.

Whoa, so defensive. Relax Mr. Over(nuclear)reactor. I was only talking about how HS soccer is the better option to restart playing youth sports once things start opening up. Any “corrupting the thread” is all you buddy, and solely attributable to your 3000 word non sequitur. I have no idea what beating your children has to do with the issue of whether HS or ECNL is the better place to get back into the swing of youth sports.

But if it’s that easy to get under your skin and you’re so insistent on continuing to rationalize why killing old people is worth saving your wallet, ok, let’s do it. I have a great idea to reduce the problem of rising domestic violence during shelter in place restrictions (or any time). Let’s take away all yer guns as long as we’re also taking away your money and your fundamental constitutional right to throw it away on travel to NV for U13 league games (and probably also strippers).:p

Whoa, so defensive. Relax Mr. Over(nuclear)reactor. I was only talking about how HS soccer is the better option to restart playing youth sports once things start opening up. Any “corrupting the thread” is all you buddy, and solely attributable to your 3000 word non sequitur. I have no idea what beating your children has to do with the issue of whether HS or ECNL is the better place to get back into the swing of youth sports.

But if it’s that easy to get under your skin and you’re so insistent on continuing to rationalize why killing old people is worth saving your wallet, ok, let’s do it. I have a great idea to reduce the problem of rising domestic violence during shelter in place restrictions (or any time). Let’s take away all yer guns as long as we’re also taking away your money and your fundamental constitutional right to throw it away on travel to NV for U13 league games (and probably also strippers).:p

Man, that last sentence was a good one.

I also seriously take offensive with your “we need to do it for the children” after-the-fact rationalization for re-opening the economy. It took you, what, ten angry white guy posts, including most of the last one, about how shelter-in-place is bad for your pocket book before coming up with that excuse? You aren’t serious about child abuse, it’s just a convenient excuse to hide your real, selfish motives. People see through your bs. Are you ready to get back to the HS v ECNL debate, or do I need to teach you more about yourself?

What does this do for ecnl? Isn't this the club that Tobin Heath is associated with as technical director? Are they any good?
It is Tobin Heath's club, Standings wise in the DA all of the teams were near the bottom of the Northwest division. I don't know how they are perceived in the Portland area for soccer, but their professional team is highly thought of it seems as they average 20K attendance. Not sure if they will draw more to the club now that they will be ECNL and can play HS soccer (at least an option possibly - totally a club parameter).

You are corrupting another thread with a pretty myopic take on the pandemic and its varied consequences. You insist that people affirmatively state that, by wanting to open the economy and not bankrupt small and large businesses alike, preserve the widespread availability of air travel, preserve an economy that funds medical research and on-demand care, not add trillions upon trillions of dollars to the national debt that will be the responsibility of those of us who are younger than 60, that they believe it is worth killing old people in order to open up. See the attached. Are you prepared to accept that you want children abused in greater numbers in order to protect yourself and other elderly people from this virus? What about spousal abuse? Cancer deaths? Suicides? If we are going to play the moral hazard game, step right up and take your own seat as well. If you are not prepared to state that you want more children beaten, depressed people to kill themselves, cancer patients to die and livelihoods destroyed to avoid more older people getting sick, then maybe you should shut-up. And if you are, then maybe you should spend some time reflecting about what kind of person you are at this point. Older people sheltering in place and otherwise following safety guidelines have a chance to keep themselves safe Forcing all people to shelter in place is certainly resulting in more kids getting beaten to the point of hospitalization and other sick people dying in greater numbers. There can be more than one bad outcome from this and your disregard of the real and escalating consequences to others makes you exactly the selfish jerk that you are seeing in so many others.

Those of us who live in Southern CA (and even more so in outskirts like IE, OC, SB, etc. are being spared the dire conditions for our city dwelling brothers and sisters...never in their own car, instead packed into a train or bus. Do you walk up 5 flights of a dank stairwell to get to your apartment? Or do you climb into the elevator cab, hit the button with the back of a knuckle in some hope of diminishing the chance of virus transfer? Other side of the same coin, are the cupboards bare due to job lost while you look around your community and count an infection rate of .002 % or listen to someone you respect say that a percentage of those dying from Covid would have died anyway within the next few months...

All perspective. We gotta suck it up and cut each other some slack. Especially since presumably all of us on this forum are a Community that’s bound together by the common cause of soccer and our sons and daughters.

Not sure about the olders, but as far as the youngers are concerned, I think most clubs have collected 2020-21 fees already, or are close to completing it. Could vary though.....stay safe and keep practicing!

What club are you with? Slammers maybe? I don't know of anyone who has already paid their 2020-21 fees. I guess that anyone that has should probably kiss that money goodbye. We'll call it the dummy fee.

What club are you with? Slammers maybe? I don't know of anyone who has already paid their 2020-21 fees. I guess that anyone that has should probably kiss that money goodbye. We'll call it the dummy fee.
Legends Temecula Valley had their tryouts for 2006 and youngers back in January/February. We signed our contract back in late February with a downpayment. So I am guessing a lot of youngers have made payments for the 2020-21 season.

I don't mind too much paying club fees for zoom trainings, as long as it means the club is still paying the coaches. They have to make rent like everyone else.
I agree with that -- we paid for the spring season which is technically still going :) with zoom meetings and physical training outlines and drills for the girls to continue working their games. As far as the 20-21 season we are paying a fee to "hold" our spot in the club, but nothing big like a fee for regular season stuff until the club knows what that will entail.

Man, that last sentence was a good one.

I also seriously take offensive with your “we need to do it for the children” after-the-fact rationalization for re-opening the economy. It took you, what, ten angry white guy posts, including most of the last one, about how shelter-in-place is bad for your pocket book before coming up with that excuse? You aren’t serious about child abuse, it’s just a convenient excuse to hide your real, selfish motives. People see through your bs. Are you ready to get back to the HS v ECNL debate, or do I need to teach you more about yourself?
Hardly. But enjoy your deflections. And take all the offense you want. I hope you do. You deserve it with the nonsense you are spewing on here. I have posted exactly once on any of this and it took me no time at all to recognize that you are acknowledging only one of the many legitimate concerns. Yes, my pocketbook matters. My pocketbook pays taxes, which is the source of the trillions that are now being expended to keep America from collapsing in on itself. That is not hyperbole. But, while my pocketbook matters, so does my 79 year old father who I pulled from a skilled nursing facility in another state a few weeks ago that now has more than 50 dead from the coronavirus. My father is living with me now and I consider very carefully how my behavior and that of others affects him. But, despite my vested interest in keeping my old person safe, there are other legitimate points of view. There are severe consequences to these restrictions and we are past time for an honest dialogue about these next steps, which are difficult, dangerous and inevitable. We have added $6 Trillion to the national debt to maintain these shut down orders for 3-4 months at most. California just swung from a $35 billion surplus to a $55 billion deficit in 60 days. 30 million people lost their jobs already. A vaccine could be a year or more away. So, yes, opening up is inevitable. Stop being so ignorant and look beyond your immediate self-interest.

As for HS or ECNL, if a kid wants to play and is good enough to play, great, play. If not, don't. Same for ECNL. Debate settled.

Point taken, El Cap. Last words from me.

Hardly. But enjoy your deflections. And take all the offense you want. I hope you do. You deserve it with the nonsense you are spewing on here. I have posted exactly once on any of this and it took me no time at all to recognize that you are acknowledging only one of the many legitimate concerns. Yes, my pocketbook matters. My pocketbook pays taxes, which is the source of the trillions that are now being expended to keep America from collapsing in on itself. That is not hyperbole. But, while my pocketbook matters, so does my 79 year old father who I pulled from a skilled nursing facility in another state a few weeks ago that now has more than 50 dead from the coronavirus. My father is living with me now and I consider very carefully how my behavior and that of others affects him. But, despite my vested interest in keeping my old person safe, there are other legitimate points of view. There are severe consequences to these restrictions and we are past time for an honest dialogue about these next steps, which are difficult, dangerous and inevitable. We have added $6 Trillion to the national debt to maintain these shut down orders for 3-4 months at most. California just swung from a $35 billion surplus to a $55 billion deficit in 60 days. 30 million people lost their jobs already. A vaccine could be a year or more away. So, yes, opening up is inevitable. Stop being so ignorant and look beyond your immediate self-interest.

As for HS or ECNL, if a kid wants to play and is good enough to play, great, play. If not, don't. Same for ECNL. Debate settled.

Good news thread is a better spot for this.

Your father was very fortunate. Too bad about the others who didn’t have someone like you, or the next batch to follow, eh?

Are you all aware that you can hit the ignore button on specific users names? It would eliminate this back and forth arguing. You simply never see their posts. Click on their User Name. You will have the option to click on ignore.
Yes that is an option, But they both give good soccer comments And insight when they aren’t caught up in all the political stuff.

Couple former GDA clubs to the regional league.

Back