NEW ECNL CHAT

SoccerGuru

SILVER ELITE
Making this to get away from BYE BYE girls DA thread which has turned very political and covid.

What is everyone's guess about summer tournaments? Fall league?

With Bundesliga and EPL starting up soon is this a sign that soccer should be allowed to have games?

A lot of summer tournaments and showcases already cancelled. I think Fall tournaments will be unlikely; just too many people in crowded areas. I am hopeful there will be Fall league, but I anticipate most games will be driving distance.

With Budesliga, other Euro leagues, MLS and USL practicing again, hopefully youth programs can start practice in the summer.

Making this to get away from BYE BYE girls DA thread which has turned very political and covid.

With Bundesliga and EPL starting up soon is this a sign that soccer should be allowed to have games?
I don't there will be no summer tournaments and coaches are starting to be concerned about their coaching positions. With no soccer til end of July, who's going to pay these coaches. You think parents will flipped the bill til then?

Our ECNL club is starting to plan small group practices, all socially distanced. But without a vaccine, I think all tournaments and fall leagues are off the table unfortunately. I can't wait to watch Dortmund/Schalke this weekend but what they have to go thru to play isn't applicable to youth sports. They are playing to keep half the clubs in the first two divisions of German soccer financially viable. They are not playing only at one location, but they are testing the players multiple times per week and requiring socially distancing in between games. One team has already in the second division had to self quarantine. I hope this goes well but I could see it going terribly wrong quickly with Germany's rate of infection going up rapidly after they opened up some of the community.

I don't there will be no summer tournaments and coaches are starting to be concerned about their coaching positions. With no soccer til end of July, who's going to pay these coaches. You think parents will flipped the bill til then?
I have to agree. I don't believe we'll be seeing soccer games this summer. I am just happy we are allowed to do some individual training on the local fields now as long as we distance ourselves and are from the same household. It feels good to get out again.

Our ECNL club is starting to plan small group practices, all socially distanced. But without a vaccine, I think all tournaments and fall leagues are off the table unfortunately. I can't wait to watch Dortmund/Schalke this weekend but what they have to go thru to play isn't applicable to youth sports. They are playing to keep half the clubs in the first two divisions of German soccer financially viable. They are not playing only at one location, but they are testing the players multiple times per week and requiring socially distancing in between games. One team has already in the second division had to self quarantine. I hope this goes well but I could see it going terribly wrong quickly with Germany's rate of infection going up rapidly after they opened up some of the community.
Really excited to see that game as well. I agree with your assessment but I am holding out hope for a fall league. I am very doubtful of any summer tournaments.

Did your club give you any idea when you might get to start the training? Also, I'll be interested in when all families will be willing to get back to it. I can't say I have a feel for where my daughter's families are on starting training again. I could see where the answer and, especially the subsequent responses to this could go down the road of the other threads, but we have a good start here and I promise not to be the one to wreck SoccerGuru's good intentions. My question is strictly out of curiosity.

The Bundesliga and EPL have all the resources in the world to limit risk, which will probably include daily testing. They also have the committed personnel needed to minimize risk. Contrast that with SoCal youth soccer, where we have folks like, well, @Ellejustus. His club hopping alone will probably kill thousands.

I
The Bundesliga and EPL have all the resources in the world to limit risk, which will probably include daily testing. They also have the committed personnel needed to minimize risk. Contrast that with SoCal youth soccer, where we have folks like, well, @Ellejustus. His club hopping alone will probably kill thousands.
I think Liga MX is gearing up too. A doctor is checking in daily with all of the players. Club Tijuana has also been posting pictures of a new team hotel being built in the stadium. No official word yet though.

I can see single league games in the fall but no tournaments until 2021 is my guess. If there are no games period until 2021 that would be a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I fully support safety for everyone but we also can't just sit idle forever. I know CA is trying to scare everyone like their going to be in big trouble but there ha to be a balance at some point in next few months.

I think there has to be games in the fall. Can ecnl survive with no games for a full season? Can any of these leagues? I’m not sure how ecnl makes money but I know club soccer isn’t the most stable business.

I can see single league games in the fall but no tournaments until 2021 is my guess. If there are no games period until 2021 that would be a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I fully support safety for everyone but we also can't just sit idle forever. I know CA is trying to scare everyone like their going to be in big trouble but there ha to be a balance at some point in next few months.
If college soccer in CA is going away for the fall, how can club soccer take place? Hope I'm wrong but unfortunately looks like soccer games in January at the earliest.

Pokergod there is a huge difference between college and club. College means the students are back on campus. Club games are 40 people at a single field. And, college soccer has not cancelled anything yet. Even the one conference that is not playing in the fall, has only suspended and plans to play at some point.

Would definitely be interested in getting my kids involved in takraw. It has enough social distancing and most soccer players who had the chance to try the game loved it.

Are there regular takraw of games in socal in the past?

Pokergod there is a huge difference between college and club. College means the students are back on campus. Club games are 40 people at a single field. And, college soccer has not cancelled anything yet. Even the one conference that is not playing in the fall, has only suspended and plans to play at some point.
I understand there are differences. But if you are a DOC and college soccer is postponed to January, are you going to be quick to open up. My kids are doing private trainings and will be at the first practice. But I think there will be a trickle down effect.

If college soccer in CA is going away for the fall, how can club soccer take place? Hope I'm wrong but unfortunately looks like soccer games in January at the earliest.
Huge difference between college and youth in this case. It's more about the school piece with kids on campus. We'll see what the d1 schools do with football. For now, I think normal league play happens in fall. Maybe in LA county it's more a risk since they are saying lockdown for 3 more months already.

I saw Long Bech St. President saying they still plan to be in school in August and playing sports. Interesting since CSU chancellor said everything in fall will be online for the most part. I guess some schools don't agree.

Not sure about the olders, but as far as the youngers are concerned, I think most clubs have collected 2020-21 fees already, or are close to completing it. Could vary though.....stay safe and keep practicing!

Back