League Game Scores

Blues Mulligan absolutely sending a message that state cup is there's to lose by beating CA Warriors 8-0 & Blues Forsyth 6-0 to take the CPL awareness cup. What a statement. Congratulations on the tournament win! Should be noted that Blues Forsyth beat CA Warriors 3-0 as well. Not sure what was going on with the Lulu FC team? I don't think the Blues Forsyth or Warriors games were actually played and @JabroniBeater805 mentioned they played Blues Mulligan 5 vs 5
Warriors didn’t play Lulu. Didn’t want to make the drive from Oxnard to San Juan Capistrano for the team to possibly show up. Sucks for the parents that got hotel rooms. Congrats to the Blues Mulligan team! They kicked our ass. Blues Forsyth has a great team too. Can’t wait to do it again

2012 Blues Lime played Blues Forsyth at Man City Cup and it was a 5-0 scoreline in favor of the Blues Forsyth.
Completely different team now for the 2012s lime the roster was still moving during that game. Blues forsyth is a amazing team and well coached with impact players all around.

The way Coast brackets are created does not benefit a strong team. The level of competition is very inconsistent unlike SCDSL where fight 1 plays only flight 1 teams. The consistency of playing only flight 1 teams, in my opinion, is an advantage the teams have in the SCDSL for growth. This showed at Warriors last tournament, that the lack of high level games in Coast has left us behind in development and we got manhandled. This is why we chose to play Mayors. We chose to play the level we had been playing in the fall season. Next year, we will be silver, we will then play governors and so on and so fourth. If we had the opportunity to play in an all flight 1 or flight 2 league, we would definitely be playing ij a higher level. I can guarantee we will not blow out our competition in Mayors as most of the bronze level teams are now in a similar level to the Warriors.

I agree with the sentiment that CSL is at a disadvantage with uneven brackets. I disagree that most of the mayors teams are the same level as Warriors. We will see if the scores will dictate that but you have decisively beat many of the governors and presidents teams over the last few months. A big loss against the best team in So Cal (one of the best U8/U9 teams I’ve seen EVER) is not to say that you can’t compete with other Flight 1 teams. The system is flawed and I don’t blame you guys at all but I would have liked to see how you have done in Presidents
A unification of team ratings and rankings would be great. I was really confused when my 2008 daughter went from bronze to silver, silver Elite and now gold and I was asked does she play Flight 1 or 2. I was like what?!?! She plays gold. Makes no sense, it should be straight across the board. That goes for state cup as well. IMO. sorry for the rant.

I was really interested in the IE Elite Cup results. Blues Forsyth took a loss to Fullerton Rangers White, while Eagles beat Ole Red. Seems like the Eagles got a little payback for the last time they played. I’m gonna say the Eagles take the ship.

I was really interested in the IE Elite Cup results. Blues Forsyth took a loss to Fullerton Rangers White, while Eagles beat Ole Red. Seems like the Eagles got a little payback for the last time they played. I’m gonna say the Eagles take the ship.

Thanks! Unfortunately we were tied 2-2 Against Forsyth in semis and lost in PKs 4-2 to play Forsyth again and it won’t be the last time we see them. But weekend Warrior you know just as well as we do that Warriors are a GREAT team and should be playing in Presidents right along with us!! And the brackets were determined way before you guys lost Anaheim to mulligan just my opinion.

Thanks! Unfortunately we were tied 2-2 Against Forsyth in semis and lost in PKs 4-2 It wasn’t the first time we play Forsyth and it won’t be the last time we see them. But weekend Warrior you know just as well as we do that Warriors are a GREAT team and should be playing in Presidents right along with us!! And the brackets were determined way before you guys lost Anaheim to mulligan just my opinion.

grammatical error corrected above

Winter Cup at Silverlakes had some interesting action. HB Slammers Zermeno wins the cup 1 to 0 vs Legends FC in an absolute war. One impressive goalie there on The Slammers. All the girls on both teams played their hearts out and they are building one heck of a rivalry. Some serious talent and athleticism on both teams. All the teams at this tournament played well and The Legend's FC Gold are something to really watch. I don't know what flight they are, but they gave The HB Slammers one hell of a run for their money in the preliminaries. Real So Cal kept their games very competitive too. Great tournament action.

Also, pretty impressive final win for the Slammer's FC LB 2012 team in the G2011 White Bracket. They lost to The OC Surf Pre Academy G2012 in preliminary action 5 to 2 and ended up winning the final 4 to 2 against the OC Surf. You gotta love seeing that type of fight. Don't count any of these teams out! I remember The Legend's FC Gold team lost handedly to HB Slammers Zermeno at a Slammers tournament in the preliminary and forced a battle into pk's for the final against The HB Slammers. The Slammers won in pks, but they had to fight their tails off to take that trophy! I love seeing come backs, upsets, and hard challenges. Now, time to prep for state! Going to be some serious battles there.

Winter Cup at Silverlakes had some interesting action. HB Slammers Zermeno wins the cup 1 to 0 vs Legends FC in an absolute war. One impressive goalie there on The Slammers. All the girls on both teams played their hearts out and they are building one heck of a rivalry. Some serious talent and athleticism on both teams. All the teams at this tournament played well and The Legend's FC Gold are something to really watch. I don't know what flight they are, but they gave The HB Slammers one hell of a run for their money in the preliminaries. Real So Cal kept their games very competitive too. Great tournament action.

Also, pretty impressive final win for the Slammer's FC LB 2012 team in the G2011 White Bracket. They lost to The OC Surf Pre Academy G2012 in preliminary action 5 to 2 and ended up winning the final 4 to 2 against the OC Surf. You gotta love seeing that type of fight. Don't count any of these teams out! I remember The Legend's FC Gold team lost handedly to HB Slammers Zermeno at a Slammers tournament in the preliminary and forced a battle into pk's for the final against The HB Slammers. The Slammers won in pks, but they had to fight their tails off to take that trophy! I love seeing come backs, upsets, and hard challenges. Now, time to prep for state! Going to be some serious battles there.
Thanks @Wayup. We played this tournament last year and fell short to the Legends FC. The Legends FC are ranked top 3 for a reason and without a doubt they gave our little ones a challenge. Way to battle it out girls! The Legends Gold always give us a hard time as well. I said it before, this team can definitely take out some flight 1 teams. Thankfully the Slammers HB were able to capitalize in the last 5 min of the game to give us the victory!

Anyways, who played in the Albion Cup? I heard it was filled with drama and even had to cancel some of the finals??? We need some intel!

@ChelseaS11 thank you for sharing.

This disturbs me to no end. Noone needs their games interfered with like this. Cheer, enjoy, and love the game, but move on after bad calls, bad luck, and annoying people. They should make the parents shake hands like the athletes before and after the game. Don't ruin the experience and effort so many put in to provide these competitive soccer tournaments. It's such an amazing thing for kids imo.

Why get upset at it? We should be honored to lose. It means that others with similar skills work just as hard and have heart too. I hate losing more than I like winning, but I make a point for my child to see me watch our opponents and applaud them when they win finals or regular games over us. It is very emotional out there, but it is just always just one game of 1,000s for our kids. The most important thing for our kids is for them to WANT to get back out there and compete. Our #1 job as parents should be to encourage them to love the challenge and excitement of competition not for it to be end of the world pressure.

If you're lucky enough to be in a rivalry, you should be honored. You will not always win and it sucks when things don't go your way, but the whole point of this journey is to build your youth athlete with life skills and tough skin not violent, juvenile behavior. I am far from perfect and have had my emotional moments too, but never like this.

How come they don't put one team on one side and the other on the other side like in football and other sports? Yes, we should be able to behave, but I think that proximity enhances the friction that leads to altercations.

This disturbs me to no end. Noone needs their games interfered with like this. Cheer, enjoy, and love the game, but move on after bad calls, bad luck, and annoying people. They should make the parents shake hands like the athletes before and after the game. Don't ruin the experience and effort so many put in to provide these competitive soccer tournaments. It's such an amazing thing for kids imo.

Why get upset at it? We should be honored to lose. It means that others with similar skills work just as hard and have heart too. I hate losing more than I like winning, but I make a point for my child to see me watch our opponents and applaud them when they win finals or regular games over us. It is very emotional out there, but it is just always just one game of 1,000s for our kids. The most important thing for our kids is for them to WANT to get back out there and compete. Our #1 job as parents should be to encourage them to love the challenge and excitement of competition not for it to be end of the world pressure.

If you're lucky enough to be in a rivalry, you should be honored. You will not always win and it sucks when things don't go your way, but the whole point of this journey is to build your youth athlete with life skills and tough skin not violent, juvenile behavior. I am far from perfect and have had my emotional moments too, but never like this.

How come they don't put one team on one side and the other on the other side like in football and other sports? Yes, we should be able to behave, but I think that proximity enhances the friction that leads to altercations.

BTW, I try to make friends with parents on the other side of the field. We share something very cool with each other. We have a lot to share and help each other with. Of all people, we should understand and get along with, it's other, crazy soccer parents. Right?? LOL! If things work out for many of these girls, you're going to be seeing coaches, parents, girl athletes, etc. etc. down the line. Make friends not enemies! The better our competition is in Southern Ca., the better challenge, training, and competition we're going to get. That makes our experience here more valuable and more convenient to boot. Encourage more of that not hostility. From whistle to whistle, I want nothing more for my girl's team to competitively win and dominate, but once that whistle blows, if she does what I've raised her to do, all the fight is on the field and we respect the outcome even if it doesn't go our way. The game is over and we need to move on. We've got 1000 more games to play and no time to dwell on the past.
FINAL State Cup Prediction from me. Now that official schedules and bracketing is available.

Bracket A
Albion
Chelsea
Murrieta Surf – 2nd
Eagles - 1st​
Bracket B
Blast Souders – 2nd
LA Galaxy OC
Slammers HB Zermeno – 1st
Ole Red​
Bracket C
Rebels
Blues Mulligan – 1st
LA Surf SO – 2nd
SD Surf​
Bracket D
LAGSD Medina
Blues Forsyth – 2nd
Legends – 1st
Slammers Cruz​
Quarter Finals
A1 Eagles vs C2 LA Surf SO
B1 Slammers HB Zermeno vs D2 Blues Forsyth
C1 Blues Mulligan vs B2 Blast Souders
D1 Legends vs A2 Murrieta Surf​
Semi Finals
Eagles vs Slammers HB Zermeno
Blues Mulligan vs Legends​
Finals
Slammers HB vs Blues Mulligan
Winner: Blues Mulligan​

Governors Final 4
Blues Sarbaia, Legends Gold, Slammers Whittier Vasquez, Slammers Orange Huie
Final: Blues Sarabia over Slammers Whittier

Mayors Final 4
San Diego SC, Fullerton Rangers, Team USA, California Warriors
Final: California Warriors over Fullerton Rangers​

Holy Moly are there some battles there! Each division and bracket looks very entertaining. I hope the quarter finals and after are all at the same complex or park. This is better than football playoffs for me. I plan on watching several games if possible. Good luck to all the girls competing. I hope they have the time of their lives competing and enjoying time with their friends.

Back