League Game Scores

Agreed 100%. I saw how they mistreated your team. They are on another level.
Yup They are we were impressed by them they flat out can play ,Warriors are a good team aswell but definitely now dont feel duped they belong in this bracket not the Other one Would like to hear from the Eagle Parents how they kept up with them did Warriors loose players now ? No excuses but we are missing 2 of our starters and our team has 4 2012s starting

2012’s “
Yup They are we were impressed by them they flat out can play ,Warriors are a good team aswell but definitely now dont feel duped they belong in this bracket not the Other one Would like to hear from the Eagle Parents how they kept up with them did Warriors loose players now ? No excuses but we are missing 2 of our starters and our team has 4 2012s starting
We have 5 2012’s and still managed a shut out — we gooooooood!

Lol that's good still I cant say much we lost to a team we shouldn't have lost to which is your team ibut we lost so congrats to you guys see you guys next year with our 2012s..
I Guess you hurt I said blues the team to beat and they are you will see tomorrow when they "Mistreat " you

Lol that's good still I cant say much we lost tons team we shouldn't have it but we lost so congrats to you guys see you gihs next year with our 2012s..

Lol that's good still I cant say much we lost to a team we shouldn't have lost to which is your team
Bro, you’re a -17 goal difference in two games against us. Your two starters that you’re missing are busy playing for their own team and can’t loan for you. Pipe down.

I am surprised I haven’t seen a post on this game yet considering all the posts leading up to the game. Blues (lime) won 3-2 against the Warriors and I was happy I decided to see it after my niece finished her game. First, congrats to both teams on a well fought game. It was the first time I have seen the Warriors play and they played aggressive. The Blues team did not have control of the ball for the majority of the game which is unusual for them. The Blues usually send waves of players attacking your goal but their defensive backs had their hands full today and could not be part of their attack like normal. The Warriors got the better of the Blues in the middle of the field for most of the game and the center back for the Warriors kept sending balls to their center forward who also played a good game. Good game plan from the Warriors - however, the Blues defenders are good and have too much speed and the Blues forward converted just enough times. It will be interesting to see how the teams adjust if they play again.

Look forward to hearing thoughts from the teams and also how other games went.

I am surprised I haven’t seen a post on this game yet considering all the posts leading up to the game. Blues (lime) won 3-2 against the Warriors and I was happy I decided to see it after my niece finished her game. First, congrats to both teams on a well fought game. It was the first time I have seen the Warriors play and they played aggressive. The Blues team did not have control of the ball for the majority of the game which is unusual for them. The Blues usually send waves of players attacking your goal but their defensive backs had their hands full today and could not be part of their attack like normal. The Warriors got the better of the Blues in the middle of the field for most of the game and the center back for the Warriors kept sending balls to their center forward who also played a good game. Good game plan from the Warriors - however, the Blues defenders are good and have too much speed and the Blues forward converted just enough times. It will be interesting to see how the teams adjust if they play again.

Look forward to hearing thoughts from the teams and also how other games went.
Man, what a game. Blues had a great game plan against us. It was very back and forth but what it came down to was Blues, specifically #8, finished their chances and our girls didn’t finish theirs

Something I saw and loved in San Bernadino was the closeness in competition out there this weekend. Separating the sidelines was a smart idea and don't know why they ever did away with that. Maybe the coaches don't want to have to deal with their own parents and the game, but I think it helps for team support and separating game emotion.

Back to the competition though. I saw a lot of awesome games and got to talk to a lot of great soccer parents. I love seeing systems and styles of play develop. Ole looked great out there! Congrats to the Ole family for bringing it this weekend. Something I love about soccer and sports is there is head to head competition and against the rest competition (like league). Some teams can beat the best, but struggle with a style of another team that may struggle with the best. What I love about the top 10 in our 2011s is you can't count any of them out and you can't even count some of their #2 teams out. Any of them can spoil another team's run.

Congrats to all the teams that advanced, because you earned it! I saw intense battles and very good behavior and comraderie with parents and teams. Thank you to all out there who keep this fun, yet extremely competitive and challenging. There was one super loud, non-stop joysticking coached team, but with separate sidelines, it was no big deal. I can't wait for next week where intense battles turn into whatever is bigger than intense. Keep it classy 2011, because all of these girls deserve it.

Our first time at State Cup, Both teams we played were classy excited for next week 8am game vs Rebels! Go Eagles!

Something I saw and loved in San Bernadino was the closeness in competition out there this weekend. Separating the sidelines was a smart idea and don't know why they ever did away with that. Maybe the coaches don't want to have to deal with their own parents and the game, but I think it helps for team support and separating game emotion.

Back to the competition though. I saw a lot of awesome games and got to talk to a lot of great soccer parents. I love seeing systems and styles of play develop. Ole looked great out there! Congrats to the Ole family for bringing it this weekend. Something I love about soccer and sports is there is head to head competition and against the rest competition (like league). Some teams can beat the best, but struggle with a style of another team that may struggle with the best. What I love about the top 10 in our 2011s is you can't count any of them out and you can't even count some of their #2 teams out. Any of them can spoil another team's run.

Congrats to all the teams that advanced, because you earned it! I saw intense battles and very good behavior and comraderie with parents and teams. Thank you to all out there who keep this fun, yet extremely competitive and challenging. There was one super loud, non-stop joysticking coached team, but with separate sidelines, it was no big deal. I can't wait for next week where intense battles turn into whatever is bigger than intense. Keep it classy 2011, because all of these girls deserve it.

I know how special this weekend is for the parents and your daughters. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves and there was no drama out on the fields.

The headline coming out of the weekend has to be Blues Rennie-Mulligan is rolling on all cylinders. In the month of January, they beat Warriors 8-0, Blues Forsyth 6-0, SD Surf 6-0, Blues Sarabia 10-2, Blast 4-0. It should come as no surprise that they beat LA Surf SO 8-1, SD Surf 9-1 and Rebels 3-1. There is no doubt who the favorite to win Presidents is.

There were some shocking results this weekend. If you told me before the weekend started that Blues Forsyth would beat Legends and not make the round of 8, I would have been wiling to bet. The old saying is that styles make fights and maybe Slammers Cruz just happens to have their number after defeating them in SCDSL also. Slammers HB Zermeno not advancing is a surprise that coincides with the resurgence of Ole. I know that Ole has had a rough last few months but they picked a hell of a time to break out of their funk so congrats to them for making it to the final 8. LA Galaxy OC also managed a 1-0 victory against Slammers HB that is ultimately the win that sends them into the next round.

Eagles vs Chelsea seemed like it was quite the battle but Eagles edged them out 5-4 winning Group A. Albion had a rough go getting outscored 9-1 in their group. Eagles have made a statement and are my pick to advance from the top half of the group.

Legends had a slip up against Blues Forsyth but they took care of business to get through Group D on top. Galaxy Medina managed to get into the group of 8 as did Chelsea, Rebels,

In governors, Murrieta Surf was ELIMINATED by goal differential despite losing only one match in their group of 5 teams. Slammers Huie were the only team to run the table and put up an impressive 14-2 scoreline. The 8 remaining teams are Slammers Huie, Blues Sarabia, LAGOC Gold, Blues Michael, LAGSB, Beach FC SB, Slammers Whittier and Legends West.

In mayors, I can't believe the draw in the 1st round of CA Warriors vs Blues 2012 Limes. Possibly the two top teams in Mayors went at it and sounds like the game didn't disappoint. Saw on IG that @Hodari's DD pulled off the hat trick to claim the victory over the Warriors who advance as a wild card team. Fullerton Rangers, San Diego SC, LAGSD Jones, Team USA and Santa Barbara SC advanced without dropping any points as well. South Valley McFee, CC Aztecs, Slammers LB, Liverpool, Slammers Gomez, MSA, OC Surf 2012 and OC Surf North Warman advanced as well.

I didn't get a chance to see any of the 2011 games this past weekend but I will be out at Silverlakes this upcoming weekend to check out the competition. Would love to hear a first hand account of how some of the games went, what players stood out or even hear about some of the overall experiences from your DD's first State Cup..
Waited all day for the reply. Definitely worth the wait great job. This weekend should bring another outstanding weekend of soccer.

I'm kind of worried about officiating and budgeting for tournaments going forward thanks to the sucker puncher. I noticed a couple issues with officiating, because there was no sideline ref. and some of these refs. are not exactly active to keep up with the ball. I saw at least one game where this probably changed the outcome of the game and even advancement. Kind of sucks! Probably going to have to expect this and really play for insurance.

I'm kind of worried about officiating and budgeting for tournaments going forward thanks to the sucker puncher. I noticed a couple issues with officiating, because there was no sideline ref. and some of these refs. are not exactly active to keep up with the ball. I saw at least one game where this probably changed the outcome of the game and even advancement. Kind of sucks! Probably going to have to expect this and really play for insurance.
I would like to start off by saying congratulations to all the teams that have advanced to the top 8.
@way up. Strongly agree with your statement. As State Cup is seen in my eyes as one of the biggest tournaments throughout the year, I was wondering why their wasn’t any sideline refs? I mean I get it... the girls are 8/9 years old but still! We’re still paying right?
Unfortunately for us... we scored a goal but the ref was too far to notice that the ball passed the line. He called it no goal. If this goal would’ve counted, we could’ve made it to the next round. Sucks for us but it is what it is.

I would like to start off by saying congratulations to all the teams that have advanced to the top 8.
@way up. Strongly agree with your statement. As State Cup is seen in my eyes as one of the biggest tournaments throughout the year, I was wondering why their wasn’t any sideline refs? I mean I get it... the girls are 8/9 years old but still! We’re still paying right?
Unfortunately for us... we scored a goal but the ref was too far to notice that the ball passed the line. He called it no goal. If this goal would’ve counted, we could’ve made it to the next round. Sucks for us but it is what it is.
D0157655-C352-49F7-9AD1-72AA6DE02D71.jpeg

I remember that and the ref was a good 50 ft. away to really capture that call. LOL! That really sucks! I would almost prefer opposing team parents making the calls. Yeah, state cup is the wrong time to be dropping the ball imo. This could be our new reality. That sucker puncher really made an impact on youth soccer. Oh well, they have a lot more games to play, so they gain tough skin.

One decent ref should be able to handle a U9 game. Parents need to accept that there are going to be missed/bad (perceived or actual) calls in any given game...that will never change.
Totally agree with you. It’s part of the game. Some calls will be made and some won’t. The keyword to your statement was “decent refs” some refs see how young the girls are and let handballs or throw ins slide. I just don’t agree with that. But like I said previously... it is what it is.

I'd love to see that at a different angle but that is very close. Without sideline refs it's really hard to properly determine whether that was in or not.
How about this, I’ll post the video on IG real quick. Sadly my iPhone can’t be as good as the VAR lol check it out @sophiarodriguezg11

Totally agree with you. It’s part of the game. Some calls will be made and some won’t. The keyword to your statement was “decent refs” some refs see how young the girls are and let handballs or throw ins slide. I just don’t agree with that. But like I said previously... it is what it is.

An active, decent ref, yes, can handle a u9 game, but lots of low expectations there. decent.....handle..... LOL! Anotherwords, they are U9, so deal with it. I get it. They have lots of games, but for state cup, I do expect more. With 1 ref, they have to run and stay near the ball not just manage the midline. Not going to mention the ref's age, but I saw the video and he wasn't doing much running on this play at least. Like you said Arod. It is what it is.

Back