Labor Day weekend tournaments

All I’m gonna
Is covid 19 real? Yes, absolutely! Will covid 19 dictate what I do... too an extent, yes. Will I lock myself in the house and live in fear? No. Is it ethical to participate? Speaking only for myself, yes. Let your kid live life to the fullest. #yolo

It’s like let’s stop tournaments cause of the flu. It is evident now that COVID is less severe than the flu for kids and if they don’t have symptoms,
They are not spreading it. So would we stop
playing cause of the new flu for kids? Or better yet let the games begin and we just stay away from old people and others with underlying conditions. Live life and don’t let it live you.

Ultimately your argument and that of Luis boils down to that your personal opinion gives you license to do what you want to do and break the rules. This kind of thinking taken to the extreme would be problematic for the community at large. That’s unethical.

Is covid 19 real? Yes, absolutely! Will covid 19 dictate what I do... too an extent, yes. Will I lock myself in the house and live in fear? No. Is it ethical to participate? Speaking only for myself, yes. Let your kid live life to the fullest. #yolo

It’s like let’s stop tournaments cause of the flu. It is evident now that COVID is less severe than the flu for kids and if they don’t have symptoms,
They are not spreading it. So would we stop
playing cause of the new flu for kids? Or better yet let the games begin and we just stay away from old people and others with underlying conditions. Live life and don’t let it live you.
To be honest, tournaments are the highest risk part of soccer. You get 3 or 4 games, at the cost of bringing 5000 families
to the same place.

Full contact practice gets you real soccer with much lower risk. You connect the same 12 or 14 families each time. (9v9)

League play is also better. You connect 24-28 families each game. Maybe 300 families connected for a season of 10 games.

I miss the tournaments, too. But leagues and contact practices would get us 90% of what we want for a fraction of the risk.

To be honest, tournaments are the highest risk part of soccer. You get 3 or 4 games, at the cost of bringing 5000 families
to the same place.

Full contact practice gets you real soccer with much lower risk. You connect the same 12 or 14 families each time. (9v9)

League play is also better. You connect 24-28 families each game. Maybe 300 families connected for a season of 10 games.

I miss the tournaments, too. But leagues and contact practices would get us 90% of what we want for a fraction of the risk.
5000?
Ultimately your argument and that of Luis boils down to that your personal opinion gives you license to do what you want to do and break the rules. This kind of thinking taken to the extreme would be problematic for the community at large. That’s unethical.
that’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it.

to the same place.

There are full blown large tournaments happening in Texas and no stories of kids or people getting COVID. This is not personal opinion. I’m basing my decision on what I see the guniea pigs in Texas doing. They are doing just fine right. You can live scared and lock yourself up in a box or you can use good judgment and base your decisions on facts and numbers. I take the latter. I follow the math

Are you allowed to say which norcal teams?

Just curious, since I’m from norcal. We’re still bunkering until covid numbers drop further.

Wicked fires up here today. Almost tempting to head to LA just for the clean air.

Mask up when watching, and have fun y’all.
The air isn't any better down here in SoCal with multiple brush fires still going.

400 teams with 13 kids per team is 5200 kids.

Tournaments are big. And they have food and bathroom lines, so a lot of chances to hang out with different people.

I'm not going to judge the Texas tournaments until I see real research on it. Lack of CNN story may work for you, but not for me.

For now, I'd be delighted just to have a fall season.

The Arizona Soccer Association is not taking the return to competitive play lightly. It appears that there will be many COVID protocols to follow.

Here are a few:
  • No spectators (that basically means parents)
  • Coaches and team officials are required to wear a mask at all times
  • Player are required to wear a mask to/from the field and when not playing​
ASA return to play

The Arizona Soccer Association is not taking the return to competitive play lightly. It appears that there will be many COVID protocols to follow.

Here are a few:
ASA return to play
Fair enough

Here are a few:
ASA return to play
Works for me, although I prefer the TX protocol where one parent/child is allowed to be on the sideline, social distancing with a mask ;)

Tournaments are big. And they have food and bathroom lines, so a lot of chances to hang out with different people.

I'm not going to judge the Texas tournaments until I see real research on it. Lack of CNN story may work for you, but not for me.

Bro I’m specifically speaking about this lil Anaheim tournament lol. Not a SD Surf, Albion or Texas tournament! Dial it back... like way back. That narrative and the reality of the actual tournament are on 2 diff spectrums bro.

Exactly and well said

Covid is real and if you want to be part of the problem , so be it , just remember you not part of the solution .

The reason tournaments aren't happening is because of reasons like this , mass amount of people hanging out , there will be transmissions, period.

Too be honest the teams that are traveling in my opinion are Selfish and 2nd rate teams, yes I said that we should combine a list of teams that travel and make sure they quarantine for 14 days , Stupidest thing I hear was a team going but doesn't have enuf players so their asking for guest players. Probably making them play a tournament so that they don't have to refund the fees, since they played a game..since they keep losing coaches.

6 month to a year off of soccer is not going to kill your kid, it will actually probably do more good realistically.....

Its these parents that have 2011,2010,2009,2008 that think soccer is the end all , and alot of them think they know it all too, calling a 9 year old child a goat, get the fu%k out of here! You have no idea what your talking about period!

You'd risk your own families health to go play a tournament in 112 temperature , and its not even a good tournament , its not surf, its not supercopa, it a tournament that cost 295 to play in and anyone can play.

Do you know that the temp at 11pm in Phoenix is 103.

Smoke a cigar, enjoy your family and let little cindy be a kid for once. Soccer is the greatest sport in the world. I scratch my head some of you , I won't name names but you guys are fucking ridiculous .

Bro I’m specifically speaking about this lil Anaheim tournament lol. Not a SD Surf, Albion or Texas tournament! Dial it back... like way back. That narrative and the reality of the actual tournament are on 2 diff spectrums bro.
The Anaheim thing isn’t a tournament. You need another word for it. It’s small, and that’s a good thing.

So to get back on subject... There’s tournaments in Anaheim, CA, AZ and Utah on Labor Day! Anywhere else?
Heart Breakers Labor Day Cup is big time and might need to add another bracket to keep up with demand. I was invited by a dear friend to drive to Arizona for a game. My dd is busy that weekend and also needs some time to get into Ganas game shape. No Ganas workout since her last HS game so she needs time.

Last edited:
I thought you guys were balling? That sucks apples Mars. Get your ass out here for Labor Day bro. I will entertain you big time. I have some trade dollars at a special place in OC. Cali needs to fill its piggy bank up and could use some spare extra coins.

So Maryland is allowing Tournaments with the exception of a couple counties. There is a fairly large one coming up on Labor Day weekend. It's only in Montgomery Cunty, MD that our club won't let us join tournaments. We could easily guest locally but it would be considered an big no-no. Perhaps the most interesting part is most club teams in the area hold a vote to travel/play in tournament and the majority votes yes but because the small minority vote, many teams do not have enough players after said vote. In other words, for once, the minority wins.

CoVid certainly exists but...

How Many Kids Have Died Of CoVid Due To Soccer Tournaments Nationwide?
Zero. That’s how many.

How many Family members have died from contracting CoVid from their infected soccer player?
Zero as well!

San Diego County CoVid Soccer Statistical Study (No kids infected through practice but rather contracted through outside)

http://surfcupsports.com/2020/08/14/...ty-whitepaper/

Lastly, 90% of all deaths by CoVid are above age 55. 37% of deaths are above the age of 81 (The US life expectancy).

Wear a mask and act responsible. Wear your mask to and from the field and while spectating. Keep families to minimum of two spectators. Urge those under the age of 55 to stay home. Kids and coaches follow the same regiment except when playing. Bring your own snacks and eliminate snack bars and food trucks. That is the recipe for success no matter the size of the tournament. Follow these rules and you have less of a chance catching CoVid than you do from going to your local Walmart which has 1000s of patrons every day.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Will fly from East Coast just to play!!!

Our club has decided not to let any team enter any tournament for the Fall of 2020. Ugh. Nothing but social distance team drills. No more scrimmages. 2% infection rate, today we had 59 infections in a county of 1.1 million people, yet our County Council has decided all soccer contact as a major threat.

Sorry, if you've stated this before but where are you located?

Here are a few:
ASA return to play

If this were issued in CA I'm curious how the parents will react to no spectators including parents. I'm pretty sure the kids wouldn't have a problem with it, since half the time the parents that are screaming from the sidelines either stress them out and don't know wth they're talking about. (especially the U-littles).

If this were issued in CA I'm curious how the parents will react to no spectators including parents. I'm pretty sure the kids wouldn't have a problem with it, since half the time the parents that are screaming from the sidelines either stress them out and don't know wth they're talking about. (especially the U-littles).
"Run, Run" "Go, Go Go" "What are you doing" "Kick it kick it" "stop crying" "come on, get up, walk it off" "Pass the dam ball" "one more minute"

Its these parents that have 2011,2010,2009,2008 that think soccer is the end all , and alot of them think they know it all too, calling a 9 year old child a goat, get the fu%k out of here! You have no idea what your talking about period!

Ha Ha....exactly. Blues and Slammers "goats" please see above

Back