Labor Day weekend tournaments

Any SoCal G09's playing Labor Day weekend? I just came across Phoenix Rising in Scottsdale and Super Copa in Dallas.

On the FB announcement board there is an undisclosed G09 team Looking for guests for a Labor Day weekend tournament in Utah...

It's called the Heartbreak Cup for a reason. Because when it gets cancelled due to Covid there's gonna be a ton of broken hearts out there.
Probably more parents than players I'd be willing to bet. Oh the irony!! :oops:
Dig deep enough and you’ll see this was overseen by a Coach/Coaching Staff and organized by parents. Same group who did the “All Star Camp”.

Willing to bet it doesn’t get called off.

Heart Breaker Cup
3 spots left for the 2009 bracket
1 spot left for the 2010 bracket
2 spots left for the 2011-2012-2013 brackets

and a couple of top teams from Nor Cal coming down.

Best of the Best will be at this tournament for the younger girls division.

Heart Breaker Cup

This is turning out to be the talk of the town Luis. I have a friend with a goat and they have their squad all ready to go. My dd played in the great Cal Coast Jam 3x3 back in the day and it was so much fun. The girls dressed up like little fairy's with too too's on and played up and won it all. The older girls were so pissed off and their parents. Some parents hate losing and whine a lot. This is way bigger because it's only for the true goat all-star. AYSO all-star does not fly either. Goat all-star has true meaning. Play ball!!!

Last edited:
Heart Breaker Cup

Are you allowed to say which norcal teams?

Just curious, since I’m from norcal. We’re still bunkering until covid numbers drop further.

Wicked fires up here today. Almost tempting to head to LA just for the clean air.

Mask up when watching, and have fun y’all.

Are you allowed to say which norcal teams?

Just curious, since I’m from norcal. We’re still bunkering until covid numbers drop further.

Wicked fires up here today. Almost tempting to head to LA just for the clean air.

Mask up when watching, and have fun y’all.
Come on down dad. It's going to be so hot today you can lick the smog out of the air.

@Luis Andres Here's idea for the next tournament. Maybe have "The Halloween Trick or Treat 3x3" I hear no trick or treating allowed this year so might as well have the goats play soccer. Candy is bad for the true goat anyways. Have the girls dress up and have contest for things outside of winning the whole thing. Cal Coast Jam.jpg

I need a umbrella for all this shade... lol

Heart Breaker Cup - labor Day Weekend - 6 v 6 - 25 min half - Anaheim

Correct me if I'm wrong but this sounds like a competitive soccer tournament .

I thought soccer tournaments are not allowed in California and that even practices must maintain 6 ft distance with no contact.

I see some posters who have stated in other posts they follow all the rules even if they disagree and others who say Surf Cup
won't and shouldn't happen . At least that's the impression I have.

Yet here some are saying this Heartbreaker Cup will happen and others seem to be encouraging it.

I must be missing something . Can someone educate me.

BTW I am in favor of reducing restrictions for youth soccer , but this tread puzzles me.

Back