Labor Day weekend tournaments

Its these parents that have 2011,2010,2009,2008 that think soccer is the end all , and alot of them think they know it all too, calling a 9 year old child a goat, get the fu%k out of here! You have no idea what your talking about period!

Ha Ha....exactly. Blues and Slammers "goats" please see above
I love the Avatar name BTW. Socal has it all. We have all the best goats in da country and the best and most pure Kool Aid on the street. Welcome to the socal soccer forum soccer drama. I tell my dd, "save your drama for your mama." You do need to cut the goat dads some slack. It's not us that think our dd are all-stars. it's the Docs that calls us to over us and offer us free handouts or their direct connections to the holy grail of soccer,
_ _ _ _ _ _ _!!!!!!

1597939128667.png

Its these parents that have 2011,2010,2009,2008 that think soccer is the end all , and alot of them think they know it all too, calling a 9 year old child a goat, get the fu%k out of here! You have no idea what your talking about period!

Ha Ha....exactly. Blues and Slammers "goats" please see above

Sorry. My rose colored parent glasses are welded on tight.

Did I tell you about the time she hooked a shot over the goalie into goal from the right corner? Amazing shot. She was almost by the corner flag, and it sailed right in. Turned the whole game around. yap, yap, yap, .......

"Run, Run" "Go, Go Go" "What are you doing" "Kick it kick it" "stop crying" "come on, get up, walk it off" "Pass the dam ball" "one more minute"

HAHA Exactly.... or when a parent is yelling "Shoot it" and the player doesn't have a chance in hell for various reasons.

One time, a parent was going crazy at the field next to us and she was screaming to the GK.. "Pick it up you can use your hands you can use your hands" problem was the GK was out of the box... you can guess how that worked out.... Mama Mia

Hmmm... was there ever a thread where people wrote the dumbest/funniest thing a parent/spectator screamed from the sideline??

They will be in for a surprise. Cal teams struggle with the heat in games during Sept and Oct.

It is going to be hot. They need to drink more water than they think before the game. The refs will do a number of water breaks during the game. Re hydrate after the games as well.
Hydration starts two days before games.....speaking from experience with my GOAT jr............!!............Post game nutrition very important also.

Digging into this:

* Every club had at least one positive test, whether coach or player.
* There is zero mention that every player and coach was tested. What was the positivity rate?
* All positive tests were primarily from siblings. That speaks to uncontrolled community spread. The guidelines will need to be "if you or any of your family show symptoms or test positive, etc etc etc".
* The number of total sessions is not large enough to be statistically significant. "player-sessions" is a worthless statistic. Obviously if two uninfected players practice together they won't contract the virus.
* If you extrapolate positive tests being only a percentage of actual cases, the actual infected rate is somewhere between 2-4% of participants (kids + coaches). That lines up very well with the overall pop infection rate.

I don't doubt that it will be very hard for kids to contract the virus outside but that chart is fairly disingenuous.

By the way for all the ones that are questioning spectators for the Heart Breaker tournament. The rule is as such. If your kid is not playing, then you can’t watch other games. Masks worn 100% of the time all adults must be 6 ft apart: they are going to have x marks the spot marks in where to sit and they will be sanitized after the switch of every game. The same way restaurants are doing it outdoors.

Digging into this:

* There is zero mention that every player and coach was tested. What was the positivity rate?
* All positive tests were primarily from siblings. That speaks to uncontrolled community spread. The guidelines will need to be "if you or any of your family show symptoms or test positive, etc etc etc".
* The number of total sessions is not large enough to be statistically significant. "player-sessions" is a worthless statistic. Obviously if two uninfected players practice together they won't contract the virus.
* If you extrapolate positive tests being only a percentage of actual cases, the actual infected rate is somewhere between 2-4% of participants (kids + coaches). That lines up very well with the overall pop infection rate.

I don't doubt that it will be very hard for kids to contract the virus outside but that chart is fairly disingenuous.
Of course every club had at least one positive test. About 1% of San Diego has a positive covid test.

For a club with 1000 kids and 3000 family members, your odds of having zero known covid patients is insanely small: (.99)^1000 is about 0.004% . Then add in family members. The odds of a totally covid free club are less than one in a million.

By the way for all the ones that are questioning spectators for the Heart Breaker tournament. The rule is as such. If your kid is not playing, then you can’t watch other games. Masks worn 100% of the time all adults must be 6 ft apart: they are going to have x marks the spot marks in where to sit and they will be sanitized after the switch of every game. The same way restaurants are doing it outdoors.
Where do the parents and players go during down time?

Not trying to nit pick. Trying to get a list of best practices for when my county allows games.

Only a couple more spots left for the 2012 and 2013 groups. Spots are filling up fast. 2010 and 2011 age groups are full. Labor Day Weekend. Join the Heart Breaker Cup... The Only top Girls Tournament in Southern California with all the Goats.35828FCA-4390-47BC-A818-11607788C7F0.jpeg

Digging into this:

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Fact is there has not been any recorded issue thus far across the entire United States involving practice, games or tournaments. Texas and Florida never stopped any of these examples through the spike and still no reports of problems.

Stop punishing kids when there is absolutely nothing to support it.

For the parents that are waiting in between games.

We’ll have a full bar area where you can get food and drinks while social distancing while you wait for your next game
I might just come out and check out the festivities. Goat 3x3. Heart break is all about losing and the feeling of heart break loss. Only 1 team can win and that makes it socal's only true competitive tournament.

Luis is on to something. The need to get out and play soccer is very high. Goats and Eagle need to be the first out to see if it's safe. Texas and Fl and AZ and CO are the leaders out in front and so far no deaths. Let's all support the young ladies and the great game of soccer.

1597971622350.png

I might just come out and check out the festivities. Goat 3x3. Heart break is all about losing and the feeling of heart break loss. Only 1 team can win and that makes it socal's only true competitive tournament.

let me know. I’ll
Get you a VIP badge. They will
Award the golden boot too.

Back