Labor Day weekend tournaments

Heart Breaker Cup - labor Day Weekend - 6 v 6 - 25 min half - Anaheim

Correct me if I'm wrong but this sounds like a competitive soccer tournament .

I thought soccer tournaments are not allowed in California and that even practices must maintain 6 ft distance with no contact.

I see some posters who have stated in other posts they follow all the rules even if they disagree and others who say Surf Cup
won't and shouldn't happen . At least that's the impression I have.

Yet here some are saying this Heartbreaker Cup will happen and others seem to be encouraging it.

I must be missing something . Can someone educate me.

BTW I am in favor of reducing restrictions for youth soccer , but this tread puzzles me.
The same “group” pulled off 2 weeks of All Star Camps that was not in compliance, so i would say they will be able to pull this off as well.

I thought soccer tournaments are not allowed in California and that even practices must maintain 6 ft distance with no contact.

I see some posters who have stated in other posts they follow all the rules even if they disagree and others who say Surf Cup

Yet here some are saying this Heartbreaker Cup will happen and others seem to be encouraging it.

BTW I am in favor of reducing restrictions for youth soccer , but this tread puzzles me.
Pretty simple. They are holding the event anyway.

After all, if the police won't break up indoor house parties, then they probably won't break up an outdoor soccer tournament.

I'm just hoping the parents all mask up and keep distance from each other. ( The last thing we need is a news article about soccer causing a covid outbreak. )

1) Correct me if I'm wrong but this sounds like a competitive soccer tournament .

2) I thought soccer tournaments are not allowed in California and that even practices must maintain 6 ft distance with no contact.

3) I must be missing something . Can someone educate me.

1) Sounds like a winner will be crowned. Only medals to the actual winners and that =competitive tournament and that's why a van of goats is coming from Nocal to make their stand as best 3 x 3 team in Cali. If everyone gets to play and receive a medal, that's more AYSO and all the oranges at the half and then the snack bag after the game for a all hard days work on the pitch.
2) LA is a no for sure but OC is turning the other cheek from what I can see. You know, sometimes you just have to turn the other cheek :)
3) It's all confusing to me as well. I have to do my best to follow all the rules but some rules are made to be broken. I used to be the ring leader in grade school and rule breaking. I would start the trouble and then it would end with me getting into trouble. I learned from that. I do like to see some rules broken and then see what the higher ups do. For example, my dd was told from the old GDA league officials that NO one can play HS Soccer. However, some chose to break the rules and do both. Some got caught and were punished I hear. Some didnt play much so no one knew and they got away with it. This is a more serious guidelines for heath but still confusing for so many.
BTW, I'm for all healthy kids under 18 to play all sports right now and parents stay away and the crazy coach who needs to get out of coaching or at best, get help and come back.

Cal South affiliated tournaments are not allowed but private entities are allowed to operate. At the end of the day, it’s a business and they’ve identified a niche market so why not? lil mom and pop leagues have been making a killing during covid! As long as they’re operating within the guidelines set forth by the city, they should be good.

Cal South affiliated tournaments are not allowed but private entities are allowed to operate. At the end of the day, it’s a business and they’ve identified a niche market so why not? lil mom and pop leagues have been making a killing during covid! As long as they’re operating within the guidelines set forth by the city, they should be good.
Excellent take. It's funny to me how some dads get on here whenever a certain club looks to have the upper hand......lol.......this is so obvious to me.....lol!!! Maybe some goats are coming from LA to play? No club is putting this on. Most clubs told contract coaches bye bye until club owned soccer is allowed again. This is a niche for sure and I'm super happy the goats can go play and few laid off coaches can make a buck to survive. Win win here folks, nothing else to get all worked over. This is not about recruiting either. No soccer allowed. This is organic and when organic grows the right way, real friendships will be forged forever and maybe some goats play together on the same goat team later. Go 3 x 3 Labor Day Tourney :)

Because it's just a couple of dudes who basically just hustle and have a few sockpuppet accounts. They're making a calculated risk that none of these kids have the virus and/or won't spread the virus or won't get hurt. I'd be curious to see what kind of insurance they're carrying for this "tournament".

Oh, it isn't within guidelines. No reason to kid yourself on that.

I hope your daughter has a great time, though. Mine can't wait for this whole thing to be over.

Answer to original question posted here....Yes, several "goat" teams heading to Arizona from Socal. Heard some clubs putting 14 day quarantine on kids when they get back if they go play. So the two weeks after labor day, might no be some kids at Slammers, Blues and Legends practices.....

Answer to original question posted here....Yes, several "goat" teams heading to Arizona from Socal. Heard some clubs putting 14 day quarantine on kids when they get back if they go play. So the two weeks after labor day, might no be some kids at Slammers, Blues and Legends practices.....
They will be in for a surprise. Cal teams struggle with the heat in games during Sept and Oct.

It is going to be hot. They need to drink more water than they think before the game. The refs will do a number of water breaks during the game. Re hydrate after the games as well.

I was just looking at the times for one of the tournaments. The times avoid the worst heat.

Friday 5 pm-10 pm, Saturday 7 am-12 pm, Saturday 5 pm-10 pm, Sunday 7 am-12 pm, and Sunday 5 pm-10 pm

Are you allowed to say which norcal teams?

Just curious, since I’m from norcal. We’re still bunkering until covid numbers drop further.

Wicked fires up here today. Almost tempting to head to LA just for the clean air.

Mask up when watching, and have fun y’all.

I will ask them when they get here, if it’s ok. But I can’t just yet.

NorCal goat teams also headed to Arizona, Utah, etc. over Labor Day and the coming months.

I'm kinda curious as to how participants in this event justify doing so when this event is clearly not following the guidelines/rules as communicated by state and local health officials. I get that we all break the law by speeding or rolling through a stop sign once in a while and that this doesn't mean we're criminals, but it seems to me that it is unethical to participate in an event like this when it's widely known that it wouldn't be allowed if run by for approval with the OC Health Agency or CalSouth or most club DOCs. Forget the politics or issues of individual freedom or the "you do you" mentality; is it ethical to put on this event and to participate in it?

Oh, it isn't within guidelines. No reason to kid yourself on that.

I hope your daughter has a great time, though. Mine can't wait for this whole thing to be over.

They will be in for a surprise. Cal teams struggle with the heat in games during Sept and Oct.

It is going to be hot. They need to drink more water than they think before the game. The refs will do a number of water breaks during the game. Re hydrate after the games as well.
It's hot hot hot as heck in AZ but some socal teams are ready to go. All the soccer money is going to AZ now.

Will fly from East Coast just to play!!!

Our club has decided not to let any team enter any tournament for the Fall of 2020. Ugh. Nothing but social distance team drills. No more scrimmages. 2% infection rate, today we had 59 infections in a county of 1.1 million people, yet our County Council has decided all soccer contact as a major threat.

Our club doesn’t allow playing in such events or guest playing because one tenant of allowing socially distanced, non contact practices is that it’s done within a consistent cohort. Once you start mixing up with other teams or entering other events, you’re no longer in compliance at club practice either. I’d love to see my DD’s back on the field and am personally comfortable with it, but it seems awfully selfish to put others’ ability to play within the current restrictions at risk.

Will fly from East Coast just to play!!!

Our club has decided not to let any team enter any tournament for the Fall of 2020. Ugh. Nothing but social distance team drills. No more scrimmages. 2% infection rate, today we had 59 infections in a county of 1.1 million people, yet our County Council has decided all soccer contact as a major threat.
I thought you guys were balling? That sucks apples Mars. Get your ass out here for Labor Day bro. I will entertain you big time. I have some trade dollars at a special place in OC. Cali needs to fill its piggy bank up and could use some spare extra coins.

1597887266773.png

I'm kinda curious as to how participants in this event justify doing so when this event is clearly not following the guidelines/rules as communicated by state and local health officials. I get that we all break the law by speeding or rolling through a stop sign once in a while and that this doesn't mean we're criminals, but it seems to me that it is unethical to participate in an event like this when it's widely known that it wouldn't be allowed if run by for approval with the OC Health Agency or CalSouth or most club DOCs. Forget the politics or issues of individual freedom or the "you do you" mentality; is it ethical to put on this event and to participate in it?
Is covid 19 real? Yes, absolutely! Will covid 19 dictate what I do... too an extent, yes. Will I lock myself in the house and live in fear? No. Is it ethical to participate? Speaking only for myself, yes. Let your kid live life to the fullest. #yolo

Back