LA Surf Implodes

At least it brings some entertainment to this forum when it gets boring and yes, everyone has told him he is a bit wacky, - just like youth soccer, everyone has their opinion and judgements and often no one knows the whole story
I see It more like drawing attention to a cause but using entertainment and rumors to help fix It. I think we all see the problem with It. It came here to talk to only a small select few. They answers It has received from Its questions made It come alive :)

At National Cup this afternoon, parents from Murrieta Surf were sharing that their club told them in a club meeting they are “very optimistic” about getting ECNL next year after some meetings they have had but if that didn’t work out they were accepted to participate in DPL for their top girls teams. I thought DPL teams had DA teams so I found the conversation interesting.

I always have the same foul attitude towards trash.

^this flippant comment is more than enough proof that you are just trying to troll and incite. Enough said.
So now that I know @Soccerhelper is known to change their name on this site after big long rants. And now that I know from @Fact that @Soccerhelper is not mentally unstable. I tend to now think @Soccerhelper and @Fact could be the same person. So interesting the replies you both wrote are literally like the inner brain of @Soccerhelper rants:

Exhibit A:
@Fact If Girlsrule’s post was sincere he/she could have sent a DM, but no, it was meant to incite. Couching his/her comments in “I am new here” “BUT” does not add credibility.

@Soccerhelper Fact makes a great point. Mr Fact, if you said it just like this without "shut up" at the end makes one not get triggerred. But maybe the universe is using Fact to trigger us to get it all out. I wrote a 5 paragraph essay that I decided to delete all because of Fact.

Exhibit B:
My Response: I guess it “INCITED” You? LMAO But I’m guessing you’ll have some DRAMATIC words for me now. You are entertaining

@Fact I always have the same foul attitude towards trash.
^this flippant comment is more than enough proof that you are just trying to troll and incite. Enough said.

And what does @Soccerhelper respond to this. NOTHING? Why? because @Fact & @Soccerhelper have decided "^this flippant comment is more than enough proof that you are just trying to troll and incite. Enough said"

ENOUGH SAID! Both your personalities are totally C R A Z Y!

So now that I know @Soccerhelper is known to change their name on this site after big long rants. And now that I know from @Fact that @Soccerhelper is not mentally unstable. I tend to now think @Soccerhelper and @Fact could be the same person. So interesting the replies you both wrote are literally like the inner brain of @Soccerhelper rants:

Exhibit A:
@Fact If Girlsrule’s post was sincere he/she could have sent a DM, but no, it was meant to incite. Couching his/her comments in “I am new here” “BUT” does not add credibility.

@Soccerhelper Fact makes a great point. Mr Fact, if you said it just like this without "shut up" at the end makes one not get triggerred. But maybe the universe is using Fact to trigger us to get it all out. I wrote a 5 paragraph essay that I decided to delete all because of Fact.

Exhibit B:
My Response: I guess it “INCITED” You? LMAO But I’m guessing you’ll have some DRAMATIC words for me now. You are entertaining

@Fact I always have the same foul attitude towards trash.

And what does @Soccerhelper respond to this. NOTHING? Why? because @Fact & @Soccerhelper have decided "^this flippant comment is more than enough proof that you are just trying to troll and incite. Enough said"

ENOUGH SAID! Both your personalities are totally C R A Z Y!
Bro, I left to eat some Canes. I come back and now I,m Fact. I can;t catch a break....lol, all cool but your very wrong. Fact is good though I must say he had me fooled. I would lay at night trying to figure out the Mr Fact guy. BTW, no where to park at this Canes place the food is so good. Two other eat places next to it all have signs, "No Canes Parking allowed or we will tow your ass." Open spots for all to park but I have park across the street to get food.

Those other guys are just jealous of someone else’s success! Like the empty church parking lot durin a Saturday morning swim meet with chains across the entry that say “no event parking “

Those other guys are just jealous of someone else’s success! Like the empty church parking lot durin a Saturday morning swim meet with chains across the entry that say “no event parking “
I won;t name names but there is very big reason no one was at theor place and everyone was lined up for canes. You picked the wrong franchise and you must now see you should have picked Canes. I would sell the spots for $5 30 minute max :)

My dd was hoping to get a chance to play his team today. He likes to talk to other teams players who are playing good that day. I won;t give specifics but my dd tells coaches like that to please not talk to her during the game and your embarrassing yourself. To be fair, I told my dd not to chirp back like that and do your chirping by winning the game. She really is working on doing better with the adults in charge of soccer. PV was way to powerful for our Fr and Sophs. I hope they win so we don;t have to play them again in playoffs. Way too risky for injury. I will say if they agreed to play possession soccer I would be interested in giving them a game. Maybe 5 passes in your half of the field before you boot it 75 yards up the field......jk everyone. They are very tough team to beat and I wish all the girls success and no one gets hurt today. I'm jealous our team isn;t playing
My dd was hoping to get a chance to play his team today. He likes to talk to other teams players who are playing good that day. I won;t give specifics but my dd tells coaches like that to please not talk to her during the game and your embarrassing yourself. To be fair, I told my dd not to chirp back like that and do your chirping by winning the game. She really is working on doing better with the adults in charge of soccer. PV was way to powerful for our Fr and Sophs. I hope they win so we don;t have to play them again in playoffs. Way too risky for injury. I will say if they agreed to play possession soccer I would be interested in giving them a game. Maybe 5 passes in your half of the field before you boot it 75 yards up the field......jk everyone. They are very tough team to beat and I wish all the girls success and no one gets hurt today. I'm jealous our team isn;t playing today :)
Hopefully they get moved back down to div.2 for your daughters sake but they are losing a lot of seniors and wont be the same team next year. My dd’s team beat them tonight at there house and it generally can be tough at the PV stadium but fortunately we had a big crowd to support her team. Best of luck to all the teams going to the ship!

At National Cup this afternoon, parents from Murrieta Surf were sharing that their club told them in a club meeting they are “very optimistic” about getting ECNL next year after some meetings they have had but if that didn’t work out they were accepted to participate in DPL for their top girls teams. I thought DPL teams had DA teams so I found the conversation interesting.
Same Club that used team names like “pre-USSDA” to help lure in players?
My point being historically that club seems to say anything they can get away with to lure in players.

Buyer beware!

Check this @Soccer22 . It was a cold Spring afternoon back in 2018, so cold I was wearing a jacket outside. I received a call from the Doc. It was great news. He was letting me know he will never chase a parent to stay at his academy. I thanked him for that. He then offered my dd a spot on the ECNL 02 team so I could finally get was I was demanding, which is to allow my dd some play ups. It was forbidden by the club unless US Soccer Scouts demanded it. We said no TY and two months later, I got a news feed marketing this new league called, Developmental Players League, for those who show some promise.

Development Players League is a regionally based league which provides a clear pathway for players who show the potential to make the jump to the DA level of play. The DPL teams will offer players who excel to have the opportunity to be called up as a Development Player for their respective DA teams.

The truth imo is this new league was created to keep players from leaving the family and checking out other families to hang with for 10 months, like ECNL or SCDSL or just HS Soccer only. Come to think about it, some of us are with soccer families more than their own families sometimes. That's not good either imo. To be fair to some clubs, they have no clue either with, "whats going on" so they sit in limbo as well. So many leagues, clubs, teams and coaches trying to know understand fact from fiction.

BTW, I feel sorry for the folks in SW Riverside. Good luck out there. My advice to everyone is to be patient and don;t take the first offer that comes your way for the 2020-2021 season. You have time, trust me :) Spots will be available :)

Last edited:
Check this @Soccer22 . It was a cold Spring afternoon back in 2018, so cold I was wearing a jacket outside. I received a call from the Doc. It was great news. He was letting me know he will never chase a parent to stay at his academy. I thanked him for that. He then offered my dd a spot on the ECNL 02 team so I could finally get was I was demanding, which is to allow my dd some play ups. It was forbidden by the club unless US Soccer Scouts demanded it. We said no TY and two months later, I got a news feed marketing this new league called, Developmental Players League, for those who show some promise.

Development Players League is a regionally based league which provides a clear pathway for players who show the potential to make the jump to the DA level of play. The DPL teams will offer players who excel to have the opportunity to be called up as a Development Player for their respective DA teams.

The truth imo is this new league was created to keep players from leaving the family and checking out other families to hang with for 10 months, like ECNL or SCDSL or just HS Soccer only. Come to think about it, some of us are with soccer families more than their own families sometimes. That's not good either imo. To be fair to some clubs, they have no clue either with, "whats going on" so they sit in limbo as well. So many leagues, clubs, teams and coaches trying to know understand fact from fiction.

BTW, I feel sorry for the folks in SW Riverside. Good luck out there. My advice to everyone is to be patient and don;t take the first offer that comes your way for the 2020-2021 season. You have time, trust me :) Spots will be available :)

Ah yes the DPL.

what I don’t understand is this.

-club has DA and DPL.
-kid plays on DPL promising a chance to move up.
-tryouts come for DA and your kid doesn’t make the team even after playing on DPL team. But a kid from another club who never has been apart of that “family” makes it.
-so did the DPL coach fail the DPL player?

Why do clubs with a lot of teams hold tryouts for their DA team? Don’t they have a well of players in their own club? I feel bad for DPL players. Basically saying to them: “you’re not good enough for DA, and when tryouts come, we will take a random kid over you.”

Ah yes the DPL.

-club has DA and DPL.
-tryouts come for DA and your kid doesn’t make the team even after playing on DPL team. But a kid from another club who never has been apart of that “family” makes it.

Why do clubs with a lot of teams hold tryouts for their DA team? Don’t they have a well of players in their own club? I feel bad for DPL players. Basically saying to them: “you’re not good enough for DA, and when tryouts come, we will take a random kid over you.”
Bingo!!!

Ah yes the DPL.

-club has DA and DPL.

Maybe it is time for the DPL player to try another sport - not hard to understand at all.

I have the opposite take on DPL. If DA is the best kids from the region, then there isn't preference for DPL kids. (Same goes for "pre-ECNL")

DPL gets you visibility and the benefit of the DA club's coaching system, but that is about it. They are still going to take the best player they can see. Might be dd, might not.

Dont let it make you mad. As long as your coach helps your kid and she is getting good games, enjoy it.

I have the opposite take on DPL. If DA is the best kids from the region, then there isn't preference for DPL kids. (Same goes for "pre-ECNL")

DPL gets you visibility and the benefit of the DA club's coaching system, but that is about it. They are still going to take the best player they can see. Might be dd, might not.

Dont let it make you mad. As long as your coach helps your kid and she is getting good games, enjoy it.

So then what does the "D" in DA or DPL stand for?

My kid played a solid season with her DPL team, got invited to guest play with DA, made the most of it which led to DA showcase games in San Diego and Sarasota. Now dual roster. Scored 2 in yesterday’s DA game.
Maybe it’s not super common but in this instance, DPL was the stepping stone to DA opportunity.

Maybe it is time for the DPL player to try another sport - not hard to understand at all.
I have to disagree with that. College is out there at all levels. D1, mid D1, D2, D3, NAIA and so on. We should have leagues that put players in their right place and I say that with all respect to all soccer players. If my dd took the ECNL deal two years ago she would have been trapped because they told everyone at the last minute DPL, no ECNL and to be happy and not ask for a refund. Let's just say for argument sake my dd became a developmental player and dominated. Maybe like her playing JV instead of Varsity. I would have all the DPL parents all mad because my dd is scoring 5 goals a game. To be clear, my dd would never pull that stunt and would figure out a way to play possession with the whole team and share the ball with others. Just like Magic but with a better shot when called on to take a shot :)

Last edited:
My kid played a solid season with her DPL team, got invited to guest play with DA, made the most of it which led to DA showcase games in San Diego and Sarasota. Now dual roster. Scored 2 in yesterday’s DA game.
Maybe it’s not super common but in this instance, DPL was the stepping stone to DA opportunity.
But if DPL didn’t exist, her team would be playing flight 1 or gold. And the DA team could still pull players up. And the club could still use the “da training methods”. But you wouldn’t have to travel to AZ, NV and Utah for league games.

But if DPL didn’t exist, her team would be playing flight 1 or gold. And the DA team could still pull players up. And the club could still use the “da training methods”. But you wouldn’t have to travel to AZ, NV and Utah for league games.
I don;t want to bash leagues anymore. I've done enough of that already. We need standard recruiting regulations quickly. Standard something because it's crazy out there for some parents.

Sounds like a great player. Why DPL? HS Soccer?

Back