LA Surf Implodes

But if DPL didn’t exist, her team would be playing flight 1 or gold. And the DA team could still pull players up. And the club could still use the “da training methods”. But you wouldn’t have to travel to AZ, NV and Utah for league games.

What DPL team is traveling to Nevada and Utah for “league“ games? There is no DPL teams in Nevada or Utah. That “Utah” team is actually in AZ, Been over this a dozen times.

You guys in so cal crack me up when it comes to travel. NOBODY travels like AZ and Nevada for any league. Quite frankly you have it good In So Cal. I should ask for residency the amount of times we go to Cali.

What DPL team is traveling to Nevada and Utah for “league“ games? There is no DPL teams in Nevada or Utah. That “Utah” team is actually in AZ, Been over this a dozen times.

You guys in so cal crack me up when it comes to travel. NOBODY travels like AZ and Nevada for any league. Quite frankly you have it good In So Cal. I should ask for residency the amount of times we go to Cali.
100% AZ has it the hardest. My buddy rents air bnb place over by Great Park and he's booked solid through the end of summer. He said some soccer parents rent from him over the weekend. PM me and I will send you contact info. We go to AZ three times a year now so maybe we can help each other. You can stay at my Laguna place for free if you let me stay at your place for free? All save money. Make sure to fill up on the AZ side too :)

As we ALL wait for news on the 2020-20201 season and how much more it will cost and what new exciting cities we from AZ and Socal get to explore, I have question. Do Part Time players get a discount in the DA?

I would like to propose this option for parents with kids who want to be at school everyday but would also like to play in some DA or ECNL games with ZERO travel requirements (mandates) in order to be on the team if that is even possible. I understand full time soccer players and their parents very well and let them have the extra fun. No disrespect to the other local leagues. This idea is for only the two big dogs in the room. Part Time Local Soccer Players (PTLSPs). Let's take average cost to join each league at $3K. Drop it for the PTLSP families to $2,000. You still get to train during the week and play 10 -12 games and help in the playoffs if the team makes the playoffs. Also, if the PTLSP is killing it the team knows the coach can play whomever the hell he wants to play, wherever on the field the coach feels will help the team win the championship :)

Some PM a couple questions:
Q. Does the PTLSPs players parents have to pay for all the travel dues and tournament fees and all the other extra fees that come along during the soccer season? Under my proposal, no! Only "true" cost is the actual cost, $2,000 :)

Q. Should there be a limit on how many PTLSPs can be on a team? Yes 2? 4?
Q. Can we make sure that the club teaches the girls one is not better than the other and both decisions shall be respected? Yes

Side apology: I came on here back in July full of competitive ego and rubbed many wrong and I'm sorry for that. My bad 100%. I am work on respecting everyone that wants something from soccer.

Last edited:
I heard a rumor that some folks are telling parents to stay the hell off this forum or else. TMs know who you are and some have been told to monitor your social activities about the latest rumor and lies in the socal soccer world. All most of us want is some better information this time around I think. Some clubs are already announcing the coaching assignments while some clubs honestly don't know yet and their's nothing wrong with that. Folks, this has never been about development. It's about a business and how to recruit and keep players in your club with any means necessary to join or stay in the family so the family can grow to be the biggest and baddest family around. It's hard right now to look around for another family to travel with all over the country because everyone is in everyone's soccer business.

Last edited:
I heard a rumor that some folks are telling parents to stay the hell off this forum or else. TMs know who you are and some have been told to monitor your social activities about the latest rumor and lies in the socal soccer world. All must of us want is some better information this time around I think. Some clubs are already announcing the coaching assignments while some clubs honestly don't know yet and their's nothing wrong with that. Folks, this has never been about development. It's about a business and how to recruit and keep players in your club with any means necessary to join or stay in the family so the family can grow to be the biggest and baddest family around. It's hard right now to look around for another family to travel with all over the country because everyone is in everyone's soccer business.
I've had "the talk" in the past a couple of times in regards of this forum...

Maybe it is time for the DPL player to try another sport - not hard to understand at all.
That’s not the point I’m trying to make.

did the club FAIL the kid?

if the DA is the best team and you are on the “developmental” team but never get a chance because the club if always just having tryouts and finding players who have not been in the club for a few years...is that the coaches fault or their technical directors fault?

why are they even having tryouts when you should be promoting kids from within the system?

I have zero problems with clubs have a “reserve team” or “pulling kids up”

DPL
ECNL2
etc etc

I have a Problem with clubs holding tryouts for their top teams when they should have developed kids who have been in their system for a while.

I know a player who was west coast F1 and then OC surf DPL all the way, until out of desperation by the TD, she finally got on the DA team her senior year.

there are no plans for your kids.... they are just a $4,000 injection into the club.

A former pro soccer player who is now a coach, would always sell these parents on a “two year plan” for their kids. New flash. There was no plan. His sessions were awful. No one got better and they all left.
Currently at a Denny’s after a game, eating French toast. I’m intermittent fasting and I’ve been “hangry”...I won’t say which Denny’s because that may give away to much personal information.

Same Club that used team names like “pre-USSDA” to help lure in players?
My point being historically that club seems to say anything they can get away with to lure in players.

Buyer beware!
I'm sure some of the ones who bought me have some buyers remorse too. Crazy dad got everything he almost wanted, free this and that and he's still freaking complaining.

DPL
ECNL2
etc etc

I have a Problem with clubs holding tryouts for their top teams when they should have developed kids who have been in their system for a while.

I know a player who was west coast F1 and then OC surf DPL all the way, until out of desperation by the TD, she finally got on the DA team her senior year.

there are no plans for your kids.... they are just a $4,000 injection into the club.

A former pro soccer player who is now a coach, would always sell these parents on a “two year plan” for their kids. New flash. There was no plan. His sessions were awful. No one got better and they all left.
Currently at a Denny’s after a game, eating French toast. I’m intermittent fasting and I’ve been “hangry”...I won’t say which Denny’s because that may give away to much personal information.
I cant afford Dennys anymore. I go across the street and get 2 tacos for 99. @ JACKS

DPL
ECNL2
etc etc

I played hoops so I can only use NBA as my soccer example. Can you imagine a few of us chaps heading over to England to start the first of it's kind "Basketball NBA Development Academy" for those looking to make the NBA someday, England Basketball YNT and a college deal in da states. We could have a BBDA for boys and a GBDA for the girls. Bring in some ex NBA players from the 70s who didn't make much of a living back then, have them be the face of each club. Lanier Basketball Academy, Willis Reed Dream Academy. Would the English fall for it?

I played hoops so I can only use NBA as my soccer example. Can you imagine a few of us chaps heading over to England to start the first of it's kind "Basketball NBA Development Academy" for those looking to make the NBA someday, England Basketball YNT and a college deal in da states. We could have a BBDA for boys and a GBDA for the girls. Bring in some ex NBA players from the 70s who didn't make much of a living back then, have them be the face of each club. Lanier Basketball Academy, Willis Reed Dream Academy. Would the English fall for it?
Our American accents would definitely fool the British parents into thinking we know what we are talking about.

still waiting on that phone call from some low level English club looking for Americans to come over and coach their kids.

I can dribble a basketball through my legs and can hit uncontested layups all day. Let me know when I can get started over there.

I can dribble a basketball through my legs and can hit uncontested layups all day. Let me know when I can get started over there.

I had one good basketball game in my life, a pickup 3v3 gameat a city rec center with 5 strangers desperate for a 6th. I made a couple of early unlikely shots, so the other side thought I was good and double-teamed me every time I got the ball. All I had to do was find the open man.

I was one hell of scrappy baseball player when I played little league. All Stars and that winning stuff :) All the parents called me Charlie, after Charlie Hustle. Dirty uniforms and diving all over the field so our team could win. So after we won the city championships when I was 12, I set my sights on the Big Leagues. When I turned 14, I got to go the Norm Sherry and Del Grandel Baseball camp with all the other prospects in OC. I was put in the U16 group but I swear I saw grown men sneak into my group to make me look like I was 10 still. Basically, I went home depressed because I saw reality. Imagine if I had "OC Baseball Development Academy" to help develop me into a single a or aa minor leaguer or at least a JC red shirt spot. I would have begged my mama to pay up to help me reach the MLB someday. I

**somewhere in west Germany**

welcome to the USA Baseball Developmental Academy!!

-we have American coaches
-it’s a 10 month season
-DO NOT PLAY ANY OTHER SPORTS or for any other baseball league. We are like the HARVARD of youth baseball and you’ll just get worse playing anywhere else
-we have contacts to all the pro coaches
-you pay for everything...unless we have like 50 worse teams in our system. We will just charge them more so the cost goes down for you.
-most important thing. everyone must play the same way!! Nothing will develop you more for the variety of styles your opponents will throw at you.
-also if you wanna play for USA baseball you must play in this league.

Back