LA Surf Implodes

Seems that the honeymoon has ended and the club is divorcing. 60 teams breaking off. Just don’t know who or what. Mystery email from mystery leader.

You can’t make this stuff up.

The original 3 clubs that made up LA Surf are leaving to become a new club. LA Surf is basically LA Premier 2.0.

The original 3 clubs that made up LA Surf are leaving to become a new club. LA Surf is basically LA Premier 2.0.
Can someone give a quick overview of which clubs came together to be LA Surf? And when it happened?

I will wait instead of speculating like I always find @myself doing on the forum. Is this true gossip @Threeyardsback? If true, I am 100% super, super sorry, even sad for all the parents (except the one's who were behind this takeover in da first place). This 100% sucks to ALL the kids. We need Help folks and Soccerhelper is just one dad. God please Help us all, even the one's behind all this. Please God, Help your children on this planet get along and share soccer with everyone. Thank in advance, Bill-

P.S. Does this have anything to do with you know who and that one situation?

I will wait instead of speculating like I always find @myself doing on the forum. Is this true gossip @Threeyardsback? If true, I am 100% super, super sorry, even sad for all the parents (except the one's who were behind this takeover in da first place). This 100% sucks to ALL the kids. We need Help folks and Soccerhelper is just one dad. God please Help us all, even the one's behind all this. Please God, Help your children on this planet get along and share soccer with everyone. Thank in advance, Bill-

P.S. Does this have anything to do with you know who and that one situation?

I agree. Lets see that email

Fotolia_73053268_Subscription_Monthly_M.jpg

So some people weren't getting paid, making enough or getting there way anymore?

Not many people who were a part of the OG LA Surf are upset. Many people were upset about the merger with LA Premier. It's not really a bad thing at all.

Fotolia_73053268_Subscription_Monthly_M.jpg

So some people weren't getting paid, making enough or getting there way anymore?
Putting egos aside for the betterment of their combined organization, the leaders SoCal Academy, San Gabriel Valley Surf and Soltilo are eager to work together. “Our invitation to be part of the creation of LA Surf is a tangible measurement of us living our purpose. This is a huge milestone and we could not be more proud of our achievements,” said Bradbury.

Putting egos aside for the betterment of their combined organization, the leaders SoCal Academy, San Gabriel Valley Surf and Soltilo are eager to work together. “Our invitation to be part of the creation of LA Surf is a tangible measurement of us living our purpose. This is a huge milestone and we could not be more proud of our achievements,” said Bradbury.

Translation?

tenor.gif

So, in the last month or so, DA Docs/Coaches seem to be on the move in the middle of da season. Gus was let go at OC Surf and took his flock to Liverpool. KB went to WSU and told everyone on a Thursday and was gone on Friday. Now this from LA Surf? This breaking news is half way through the DA season as well which makes it odd. I wonder what kind of goodbye the mystery leader will get from LA Surf? I will hold judgement on the actual "why" this went down. My dd Doc at San Diego Surf just disappeared one day without answering any of my questions. This Doc had a few questionable deals going on and I felt it was my right to ask what the hell he was up to and why he lied to me three big times and so many white lies I lost count. What a mess for all the customers. That email was horrible by the way :(

Imagine how much time was spent assembling the original deal to become LA Surf. And then imagine how much time was spent deciding to blow it up. And now imagine how much time will be spent explaining this to all parents and players. Not to mention new uniforms, backpacks, canopies, website rebranding. And the cost of players deciding to leave because of the confusion.
Now imagine how that time and money could have been used to further player development. Or to fund coaching education. Or to cover a kids dues who is having trouble affording it.

Last edited:
Back