LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

Field space will be a huge issue. Beach already has 6-8 teams on a field. Only benefit I see from Beach taking over Strikers SB is field space and Stirkers themselves will be the first to admit that they don’t have enough for their teams even. Not sure this quantity will improve Beach FCs quality. They have a top girls DA but everything else suffers at the expense. This addition will just funnel more money to the quality girls program.
ESS will not share field space with BSB. Despite becoming part of BSB will not usher teams into El Segundo field space. That’s part of the deal.

So.....Strikers SB joins Beach SB, Galaxy presumably joins Beach SB. Slammers SB folds. Seems like a lot of consolidation happening in the SouthBay.
Any idea what’s going to happen with the Galaxy DA and DPL teams?

So.....Strikers SB joins Beach SB, Galaxy presumably joins Beach SB. Slammers SB folds. Seems like a lot of consolidation happening in the SouthBay.
Any idea what’s going to happen with the Galaxy DA and DPL teams?
DA Is separate from LAGSB. Two entities.

ESS will not share field space with BSB. Despite becoming part of BSB will not usher teams into El Segundo field space. That’s part of the deal.
Not sure how concrete that is. I'm sure if there is space available, they will make it available. I'd say it's more likely there wouldn't be any space to share.

I
Not sure how concrete that is. I'm sure if there is space available, they will make it available. I'd say it's more likely there wouldn't be any space to share.
I believe what Lastman is saying is that the ES based teams will maintain the ES field space but likely not share it with other BSB teams (don’t really need to). Would seem that BSB would also aquire a lot of the fields that LAGSB was previously using so less likely to need much additional space unless another group tries to come in.

Field space will be a huge issue. Beach already has 6-8 teams on a field. Only benefit I see from Beach taking over Strikers SB is field space and Stirkers themselves will be the first to admit that they don’t have enough for their teams even. Not sure this quantity will improve Beach FCs quality. They have a top girls DA but everything else suffers at the expense. This addition will just funnel more money to the quality girls program.
The DA teams won't be fighting for space so it won't really affect them. As far as quantity, I think it will improve quality, just not on the lower flight level teams. Without galaxy, strikers, and slammers in the southbay, beach fc has a monopoly of the area now as far as a well known club with DA/ecnl teams. Where else will the unicorns go?

I

I believe what Lastman is saying is that the ES based teams will maintain the ES field space but likely not share it with other BSB teams (don’t really need to). Would seem that BSB would also aquire a lot of the fields that LAGSB was previously using so less likely to need much additional space unless another group tries to come in.
Understood that the ES based teams would still be using the ES fields, but to say they would not share fields because it's not part of the contract doesnt make sense. If by chance a field is available, no reason not to use it. Beach already trains out in that area anyway like mira costa HS and aviation field. Another bit of rumor is Galaxy sb wouldn't be bringing their fields with them. But I think that's only partially true.

Understood that the ES based teams would still be using the ES fields, but to say they would not share fields because it's not part of the contract doesnt make sense. If by chance a field is available, no reason not to use it. Beach already trains out in that area anyway like mira costa HS and aviation field. Another bit of rumor is Galaxy sb wouldn't be bringing their fields with them. But I think that's only partially true.
I didn’t say anything about a contract....haven’t seen one nor do I know about one. I just know how the ES community works nor do I disagree with what your saying.

I didn’t say anything about a contract....haven’t seen one nor do I know about one. I just know how the ES community works nor do I disagree with what your saying.
And I never said you said anything about a contract lol. LASTMAN said deal, and i substituted that with contract referring to what he was saying. I'd say that's interchangeable but whatever. Either way it wouldn't make sense. If there's space available, they'll make it available for bsb. That's all I'm saying.

A few years ago LAGSB had access to the fields at ESHS and ESMS in conjunction to ESS. That changed and over a period of time LAGSB no longer had any access to field space at those locations. The school district kept field usage local and kept the costs down for programs like ESS. More than likely if BSB were to send teams based outside of ES this situation would again change.

A few years ago LAGSB had access to the fields at ESHS and ESMS in conjunction to ESS. That changed and over a period of time LAGSB no longer had any access to field space at those locations. The school district kept field usage local and kept the costs down for programs like ESS. More than likely if BSB were to send teams based outside of ES this situation would again change.
If a ESS coach cancels a practice whats going to stop a BSB coach from filling his field space if they'll be wearing the same kit in a couple months? I would think keeping field usage local would be hard to enforce. like I said though, its more likely there wouldn't be any space to share.

If a ESS coach cancels a practice whats going to stop a BSB coach from filling his field space if they'll be wearing the same kit in a couple months? I would think keeping field usage local would be hard to enforce. like I said though, its more likely there wouldn't be any space to share.
It's called self governance if they wish to keep the current terms they have with the school district. They pay a nominal fee compared to what they would charge anyone coming from outside of ES. In fact ESUSD has essentially passed on making a good sum of money by favoring local programs. Now if BSB is willing to pay the cost which outside programs would pay then sure you will see other teams on those facilities.

It's called self governance if they wish to keep the current terms they have with the school district. They pay a nominal fee compared to what they would charge anyone coming from outside of ES. In fact ESUSD has essentially passed on making a good sum of money by favoring local programs. Now if BSB is willing to pay the cost which outside programs would pay then sure you will see other teams on those facilities.
I guess we'll see.

I really hope DPL goes away soon and local leagues will have “real” flight 1,2,3 again.
How do we put the toothpaste back in the tube?
If DPL goes away then guess what else goes away? Why do we have DPL in the first place parents? If your little stud wants to play in college, then ECNL is a no brainer. This past weekend was amazing. Weather was perfect, fields were perfect, parents behaved, refs were good and to top it all off, their were so many college coaches they needed rides in golf carts to get to the next recruits game. I can say I was humbled by the event this past weekend. Please, someone on here sell me DPL and why on earth you would pay $$$$ to go to the "Big Hat, No Cattle, No Top Colleges Showcase" in Dallas over what I just witnessed at Phoenix ECNL showcase if college is your goal. All the Top GOATs are showing off at the DA now. ECNL is wide open for the taking. I bought into mouthfuls of lies from liars too so don't feel bad.

Yep- Keep DA and keep ECNL.
But ECNL RL and DPL shouldn't really exist any longer. DA and ECNL clubs can still have a pool to pull from with the next level team (F1, Gold, etc).
OC Surf DPL this weekend traveled to AZ for league games. And to texas a few weeks ago for a DPL Showcase.

Yep- Keep DA and keep ECNL.
But ECNL RL and DPL shouldn't really exist any longer. DA and ECNL clubs can still have a pool to pull from with the next level team (F1, Gold, etc).
OC Surf DPL this weekend traveled to AZ for league games. And to texas a few weeks ago for a DPL Showcase.
So keep DA coach? This league gets to use YNT list as unfair business practice imo. As a coach sir, do you think the DA is making our girls better? How about the men? This is what Ernie has to say about the men and he's handling things for the USA now.....
U.S. Soccer's Earnie Stewart on men's national team: 'I'm a pleased man'

Back