LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

You are speaking specifically about the LAGSB 07 DPL team? I haven't heard that there's a consensus as to where players end up. I would also think folks would want to see how the coaching situation shakes out at each DA program in the South Bay.
The la galaxy DA teams going away isn't a for sure thing, but the coaches for the team you speak of are coming over to beach. Will all the players follow? That's up to them. But I would bet beach will have a really good DA team either way.

The 07s from LAGSB are lucky in that they will likely have multiple good options from which to choose. I don't think that LAG Girls DA is going to drop 5 existing DA teams, and I believe that they remain committed to the girls program.

The la galaxy DA teams going away isn't a for sure thing, but the coaches for the team you speak of are coming over to beach. Will all the players follow? That's up to them. But I would bet beach will have a really good DA team either way.

Well isn't that swell. Coaches club hop sometimes too and then influence players to club hop with them. Loyalty is important as the girls get older. How good is that 07' team from La Galaxy? Why would coaches leave the MLS for the Beach?

The 07s from LAGSB are lucky in that they will likely have multiple good options from which to choose. I don't think that LAG Girls DA is going to drop 5 existing DA teams, and I believe that they remain committed to the girls program.
I would like to think LA Galaxy keep their DA teams as well. Now we will have to see if they choose galaxy, follow the coach, or look for another club. If the rumor of DA galaxy going away is true, I guess it's only 2 out of the 3 options.

Well isn't that swell. Coaches club hop sometimes too and then influence players to club hop with them. Loyalty is important as the girls get older. How good is that 07' team from La Galaxy? Why would coaches leave the MLS for the Beach?
Maybe the rumor of galaxy folding their DA teams are true. If that's the case, they have to look for other options.

I don't think this is an instance of club hopping assuming you are using that word in a pejorative way. LAG made a decision about its alliance program which in turn impacted the affiliates. Each of those clubs had to decide what to do with their programs. Those decisions in turn had impact and led to further changes. The South Bay is a relatively small club soccer world where there are a lot of overlapping relationships so there has been lots of chatter and rumors about what and why, but it seems like a case of people doing what they have to do to make their programs work.

I hope that there are 2 strong, well coached DA options in the South Bay. More choice for the consumers...
I agree, but it's looking like they will need to do it with new coaches. Changes like this has got to make you think twice about staying with galaxy DA if they are still around.

I agree, but it's looking like they will need to do it with new coaches. Changes like this has got to make you think twice about staying with galaxy DA if they are still around.
Great detective work bro. Top 07' coaches took off for better pay or a sinking ship, two choices. The rumor mill network needs more truthful info. We know who has the goods from BSB. Give it up boys...….

The coaches moving to Beach are high quality and I respect the decision they made. Given that decision, I can rationally understand why LAG has made its decisions. At the end of the day there are business considerations on both sides. The timing of it all is unfortunate and it's been an emotional time for the girls, which reflects the respect and esteem to which they've held their coaches, but change can also be a positive. Time will tell.

The coaches moving to Beach are high quality and I respect the decision they made. Given that decision, I can rationally understand why LAG has made its decisions. At the end of the day there are business considerations on both sides. The timing of it all is unfortunate and it's been an emotional time for the girls, which reflects the respect and esteem to which they've held their coaches, but change can also be a positive. Time will tell.
I think it's great. More quality coaches for a quality club which attract quality players. For those concerned with watered down teams, this is a welcome move. After all, that's why we pay these club fees right? For the girls that want to improve and be challenged by the best. If it was just for fun theres always ayso/ayso select/ayso extra.

ok, just from here I will respond. This sucks all around. Sounds like Beach recruited the coaches for business reasons. Los Angeles Galaxy of San Diego recruited Surf coaches all the time so its same old same old.

ok, just from here I will respond. This sucks all around. Sounds like Beach recruited the coaches for business reasons. Los Angeles Galaxy of San Diego recruited Surf coaches all the time so its same old same old.
I disagree. Beach didnt need to recruit galaxy coaches. Like sbd said, galaxy was getting rid of their affiliations. The coaches and players have to go somewhere.

Back