LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

Actually- It looks to me like the LA Galaxy MLS team does have a plan. That plan is to get out of the business of Youth Soccer and to work on their professional team and academy.
Why put the effort towards youth leagues when you should be focusing on the pro side of things?
Why alienate some fans who might have had a bad experience playing with or against a LA Galaxy Youth affiliate team?
Why alienate some coaches who aren't part of the "LA Galaxy Youth Franchise" family.

If they were smart, they'd be reaching out to all clubs across So Cal and offering up programs to grow their brand and to give all players and coaches a taste of what a professional soccer organization is like. They can run camps and clinics all the time. And now there isn't the "threat" to competing youth clubs that the Galaxy affiliates will be trying to gobble up teams/players/coaches.
That's fine if Galaxy wants to get out of the business of youth soccer...but it's not like they were sinking that much of their resources into the alliances in the first place. Remember, it was the alliance clubs who were paying Galaxy for the name.

I highly doubt that LA Galaxy will be reaching out and making any impact with So Cal area clubs. They'll just continue to offer their expensive camps and that's about it.

That's fine if Galaxy wants to get out of the business of youth soccer...but it's not like they were sinking that much of their resources into the alliances in the first place. Remember, it was the alliance clubs who were paying Galaxy for the name.

I highly doubt that LA Galaxy will be reaching out and making any impact with So Cal area clubs. They'll just continue to offer their expensive camps and that's about it.

How much did they pay? What did they get for it?

Actually- It looks to me like the LA Galaxy MLS team does have a plan. That plan is to get out of the business of Youth Soccer and to work on their professional team and academy.
Why put the effort towards youth leagues when you should be focusing on the pro side of things?
Why alienate some fans who might have had a bad experience playing with or against a LA Galaxy Youth affiliate team?
Why alienate some coaches who aren't part of the "LA Galaxy Youth Franchise" family.

If they were smart, they'd be reaching out to all clubs across So Cal and offering up programs to grow their brand and to give all players and coaches a taste of what a professional soccer organization is like. They can run camps and clinics all the time. And now there isn't the "threat" to competing youth clubs that the Galaxy affiliates will be trying to gobble up teams/players/coaches.
If that was the case, they should have just done that from the beginning. Instead they look indecisive. To sum up the thought train, Hmmm, let's try this and not put much effort into it, oh wait, even not much effort is too much effort, never mind.

If they were smart, they'd be reaching out to all clubs across So Cal and offering up programs to grow their brand and to give all players and coaches a taste of what a professional soccer organization is like.

Lol. Most poorly run youth soccer clubs are better run than the LA Galaxy. Just because they are on TV doesn't make them any better organized. They just have a bigger budget to cover up the mess.

If that was the case, they should have just done that from the beginning. Instead they look indecisive. To sum up the thought train, Hmmm, let's try this and not put much effort into it, oh wait, even not much effort is too much effort, never mind.

Too bad for them they didn't affiliate with Pat's after TS the South Bay directors combo team won a boys DA champion. After the mergers & affliation he left and they never seemed to be as organized meanwhile LAFC is thriving.

Lol. Most poorly run youth soccer clubs are better run than the LA Galaxy. Just because they are on TV doesn't make them any better organized. They just have a bigger budget to cover up the mess.
I dont have personal experience with LA Galaxy OC, but the people that I've talked with (parents and coaches) said it was the most well run club they've been a part of.

I dont have personal experience with LA Galaxy OC, but the people that I've talked with (parents and coaches) said it was the most well run club they've been a part of.
yes, we are a family that were there 2 years and I do agree with this. Very organize trainings, field allocations, practices rarely canceled. We were sad to go

What coaches? Parents I understand as they are isolated from the business side. The club is “well run” if you are looking from the vantage point of an admin or a coach in the friendship circle of the admins. It is a conform, buy in to our business methods (all about selling) or it will be a bad time for you as a coach - coaching trails well behind keeping the cash flow (kids signed) on the priority list.Their is a reason theyve changed club names multiple times

Coaches from a standpoint of:
-good resources
-good fields
- they pay us on time
- things are organized
- we get a good draw at tryouts.

So the latest from the rumor mill, Strikers FC south bay will now be beach FC along with 15 galaxy south bay teams. My guess is its the top 2008-2012 boys and girls galaxy teams along with the galaxy dpl girls teams to keep competing in the dpl league while galaxy is still keeping their DA teams. Pros- beach is going to be a lot more competitive. Cons - field space has got to be an issue.

So the latest from the rumor mill, Strikers FC south bay will now be beach FC along with 15 galaxy south bay teams. My guess is its the top 2008-2012 boys and girls galaxy teams along with the galaxy dpl girls teams to keep competing in the dpl league while galaxy is still keeping their DA teams. Pros- beach is going to be a lot more competitive. Cons - field space has got to be an issue.
Good for Beach South Bay (BSB) if rumor mill is true. This club is on fire! My dd showed me BSB Instagram marketing their four recent U17 YNT picks. Some serious development going on in the South Bay. I do have a question. If one of those players makes the National Team, who gets the bonus/reward money from FIFA for developing the players if some of the players played for 3 or more clubs? Or is it whoever has them at 18?

Confirmed. Strikers SB moving to Beach.

Field space will be a huge issue. Beach already has 6-8 teams on a field. Only benefit I see from Beach taking over Strikers SB is field space and Stirkers themselves will be the first to admit that they don’t have enough for their teams even. Not sure this quantity will improve Beach FCs quality. They have a top girls DA but everything else suffers at the expense. This addition will just funnel more money to the quality girls program.

Back