LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

So keep DA coach? This league gets to use YNT list as unfair business practice imo. As a coach sir, do you think the DA is making our girls better? How about the men? This is what Ernie has to say about the men and he's handling things for the USA now.....
U.S. Soccer's Earnie Stewart on men's national team: 'I'm a pleased man'
Earnie Stewart's interview on Soccer America was just a mish-mash of words that did not really say much.

So keep DA coach? This league gets to use YNT list as unfair business practice imo. As a coach sir, do you think the DA is making our girls better? How about the men? This is what Ernie has to say about the men and he's handling things for the USA now.....
U.S. Soccer's Earnie Stewart on men's national team: 'I'm a pleased man'
DA isn't going away unless US Soccer decides it is going away. The market will decide whether DA or ECNL will be the top league. The rest of these closed leagues should go away.

Earnie Stewart's interview on Soccer America was just a mish-mash of words that did not really say much.
Asked if Berhalter's job is safe, regardless of the results against Canada Friday and Cuba four days later in the Cayman Islands, U.S. Soccer sporting director Earnie Stewart, Berhalter's boss, responded, "We're looking at the future, so yeah. When I evaluate Gregg and the coaching staff, and what I've seen today, I'm a pleased man. "
on the U17 world cup disaster
"I’m putting a new organizational chart together for the sports performance side, for the technical side, and then as we go along, it’s filling that in," Stewart said as part of his answer about the U.S. U-17s' World Cup performance. "What does that look like is something that, one -- I need to speak to the Technical Committee about, and two -- it has to go to the Board. They need to make a decision on that."
Everyone at USSF and the DA are happy and pleased. Why? The men's team sucks right now. They all should be fired, every single one of them. I was hoping the men would make a World Cup Semi or even a Final before I died ....oh well :(

Yep- Keep DA and keep ECNL.
But ECNL RL and DPL shouldn't really exist any longer. DA and ECNL clubs can still have a pool to pull from with the next level team (F1, Gold, etc).
OC Surf DPL this weekend traveled to AZ for league games. And to texas a few weeks ago for a DPL Showcase.
One of those girls signed today to one of those colleges attending the DPL showcase in Texas

Anyone else think it’s strange that they are advertising a thanskgiving camp as La Galaxy OC?
Marketing. They even have ads for new coaches online on various job boards as “LA Galaxy OC” and use MLS in ads. Almost as bad as criteria to be a coach - 1 year and basic licenses. They must have paid to print this nonsense: https://www.soccertoday.com/la-galaxy-oc-becomes-liverpool-fc-international-academy/

They mention a path to MLS LA Galaxy when they never had one to begin with. If kids train in UK it would be like any other tour-style training with nothing to do with Liverpool. These folks are good at shoveling the BS and making it look legit.Once you ask questions you get full sales pitch. They are going to milk the Galaxy logo as much as they can to sign up more kids at all levels.Most of the real income comes in from rec/signature/tier3/real bad tier 2 that have been tossed together. Have to fill in the kids that leave from somewhere - camps

Who runs SoccerToday.com? "The voice of American Soccer" I actually can't argue with that tagline. It's an online place that is so positive with every big change in soccer. "The world of youth soccer is always changing, and this is a landmark announcement of an MLS affiliate joining the Champions of EuropeLA Galaxy OC is now becoming part of the international Liverpool FC organization."

“I am amazed at what Liverpool has provided us and we are only just beginning.”
Tim Woodcock, CEO – Liverpool FC International Academy SoCal

“We found our champion and are thrilled to be a part of Liverpool. Now we are looking for players who want to join this prestigious international soccer organization,” said Woodcock.

“Our tryouts begin next month, so that is the first opportunity for young players in the Southern California to join this illustrious football club.”
Tim Woodcock, CEO LFC International Academy SoCal

Last edited:
Did Los Angeles Galaxy of San Diego push back their big announcement? I see three weeks from now. Keep it local and please stay away from the Euro Way Name. Find the Carlsbad and surrounding area way. Keep it Local folks and I bet you will be successful :)

Who runs SoccerToday.com? "The voice of American Soccer" I actually can't argue with that tagline. It's an online place that is so positive with every big change in soccer. "The world of youth soccer is always changing, and this is a landmark announcement of an MLS affiliate joining the Champions of EuropeLA Galaxy OC is now becoming part of the international Liverpool FC organization."

“I am amazed at what Liverpool has provided us and we are only just beginning.”
Tim Woodcock, CEO – Liverpool FC International Academy SoCal

“We found our champion and are thrilled to be a part of Liverpool. Now we are looking for players who want to join this prestigious international soccer organization,” said Woodcock.

“Our tryouts begin next month, so that is the first opportunity for young players in the Southern California to join this illustrious football club.”
Tim Woodcock, CEO LFC International Academy SoCal
Where is the emoji that is drowning in BS?

If DPL goes away then guess what else goes away? Why do we have DPL in the first place parents? If your little stud wants to play in college, then ECNL is a no brainer. This past weekend was amazing. Weather was perfect, fields were perfect, parents behaved, refs were good and to top it all off, their were so many college coaches they needed rides in golf carts to get to the next recruits game. I can say I was humbled by the event this past weekend. Please, someone on here sell me DPL and why on earth you would pay $$$$ to go to the "Big Hat, No Cattle, No Top Colleges Showcase" in Dallas over what I just witnessed at Phoenix ECNL showcase if college is your goal. All the Top GOATs are showing off at the DA now. ECNL is wide open for the taking. I bought into mouthfuls of lies from liars too so don't feel bad.

Easy to say when you live in OC or SD. What are the ECNL options for people who live in LA? There is exactly one ECNL club in Los Angeles county and if you don't go to Harvard Westlake, good luck getting onto an ECNL team there. The other alternatives are a 2+ hour drive each way to get to practice- multiple times/ week. That is why kids play DPL. DPL is lame, but the alternatives- four nights/week and no HS soccer, or highly diluted Flight 1 are not right for everyone.

Easy to say when you live in OC or SD. What are the ECNL options for people who live in LA? There is exactly one ECNL club in Los Angeles county and if you don't go to Harvard Westlake, good luck getting onto an ECNL team there. The other alternatives are a 2+ hour drive each way to get to practice- multiple times/ week. That is why kids play DPL. DPL is lame, but the alternatives- four nights/week and no HS soccer, or highly diluted Flight 1 are not right for everyone.
If all of those kids in DPL played in flight 1, it wouldn’t be so diluted.

Why close DPL when ECNL is also a closed league? We all know everything goes back to $$ hence why new leagues start and then people complain about new leagues.

That sucks. Maybe Beach South Bay and LA Surf can call ECNL and petition the higher ups over there for a team? I think the Big Clubs should be able to offer DA and ECNL. When my dd played for SoCal Blues, we had kids from all over SoCal who drove far to be on the top teams. Sometimes you got to do, what you got to do, to find competition. LA should have at least 3 ECNL teams. BTW, I would go for the diluted flight 1 over DPL but that is just my opinion.

That sucks. Maybe Beach South Bay and LA Surf can call ECNL and petition the higher ups over there for a team? I think the Big Clubs should be able to offer DA and ECNL. When my dd played for SoCal Blues, we had kids from all over SoCal who drove far to be on the top teams. Sometimes you got to do, what you got to do, to find competition. LA should have at least 3 ECNL teams. BTW, I would go for the diluted flight 1 over DPL but that is just my opinion.

Yes, that was working fine until ECNL stopped allowing it and made clubs choose.

Yes, that was working fine until ECNL stopped allowing it and made clubs choose.
I know, Elite Club National League high ups had to draw a line so they could promote "Elite Team" as the top "Elite" team of the club. They don't have the YNT List to dangle in front of the contestants like DA so they have to stand their ground and demand top teams only. It's strictly a business decision, just like the DA forcing all the girls to give up their lives 10 months, 4 days a week and no HS Soccer or other big time varsity sports. ECNL is only in the business to get you into college. If college is the game, then go for ECNL. I almost put my child in the Developmental Players League this year and almost went to Dallas. I also felt that everything was going fine and according to plan until USSF/DA decided to make the girls be like the boys except for the pay. Girls need to get paid!!!!!

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered on the thread already.... If the rumor is the LAGSB goes to Beach, what happens to the Da teams, for example, the G07 will both be DA next year... so does that mean LAGSB and Beach push both their teams together? It's so confusing..... both clubs seem to have successful G07 top teams. So I can't imagine having one of them play DPL... but what do I know??? Does anyone know what's happening with that? Will G07 LAGSB stay galaxy? since they will be considered DA next year??

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered on the thread already.... If the rumor is the LAGSB goes to Beach, what happens to the Da teams, for example, the G07 will both be DA next year... so does that mean LAGSB and Beach push both their teams together? It's so confusing..... both clubs seem to have successful G07 top teams. So I can't imagine having one of them play DPL... but what do I know??? Does anyone know what's happening with that? Will G07 LAGSB stay galaxy? since they will be considered DA next year??
The DA teams are run separately from the the LAGSB club teams but from the rumor mill I heard that the DA team for LA Galaxy will fold as well. Theres a chance it will be just one DA team under Beach which will make it one of the best DA teams for sure. Unless of course the players choose to go somewhere else.

The DA teams are run separately from the the LAGSB club teams but from the rumor mill I heard that the DA team for LA Galaxy will fold as well. Theres a chance it will be just one DA team under Beach which will make it one of the best DA teams for sure. Unless of course the players choose to go somewhere else.
Socal Blues was top dog in SoCal. However, according to the latest rumor mill, Beach will be supreme now. It only took three years. Amazing how things change in soccer so fast. Congrats to Beach. Beach & Surf, my two favorite words have been taken over by SoCal Youth Soccer. MLS Galaxy are smart biz folks. They know what's coming, let me tell you :)

@MSK357 what are the odds your rumor mill is spot on? I have a friend who was told under no circumstances was he to visit the toxic socal soccer forum. He needs intel quickly. His dd feels she's ready for ECNL and I think she is too. I'm super excited for some girls who see a great chance to showcase their talents to college coaches.

You are speaking specifically about the LAGSB 07 DPL team? I haven't heard that there's a consensus as to where players end up. I would also think folks would want to see how the coaching situation shakes out at each DA program in the South Bay.

Back