Is Surf Cup happening?

Half empty? I'm the guy folks call to get a vision when most see a road block. Think outside the box Bushman...lol!!! If I recall you found a way to Florida and made it happen. ECNL Labor Day Home Opener is a great idea and I see it being pulled off in Oceanside. 7 weeks is plenty of time.
No I'm just a realist. As much as we want our goats our they playing I just don't see how they can pull this off with all the health restrictions in place.

Forget the coaches. Soccer should just be played for a meaningful game. It seems the only games that matters to some of you is if college coaches can come to watch. Their lies the problem with soccer after a goat is 13 or 14. This sucks!!! Let's just get some games going and forget about bringing that old system back. That system had so many issues and faults and we all can see what they are now.
So how about we forego all tournaments and just play local and regional games. The winner out of each region coming together for a semi and final match. This will cut down on travel, cut back on numbers of players attending and less numbers staying in hotels. It's a win win right?

No I'm just a realist. As much as we want our goats our they playing I just don't see how they can pull this off with all the health restrictions in place.
I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all. I think each parent who is a 100% no for playing soccer this year should just leave this forum and come back nest year. If your a parent who thinks it's safe as long as you dont bring anyone to the game over 70 and you dont go see someone over 70, you should be here talking soccer only. If we all did that, many lives would be saved and the kids could play youth sports. I respect those who see this as too risky. Some of us dont and let us be is all I got to say. The toughest and baddest players will play. That is a fact!!

So how about we forego all tournaments and just play local and regional games. The winner out of each region coming together for a semi and final match. This will cut down on travel, cut back on numbers of players attending and less numbers staying in hotels. It's a win win right?
love the idea! But how Surf will make money?

Why is the NBA and MLB and NBA all playing together right now? Let's have three league showcase games in Oceanside, Vegas and Phoenix. This is just like the pros and it makes sense. No one is dying under 18. That is a fact!!! What are you afraid of personally? I dont know you but you seem fearful of either catching it yourself or someone you love will catch it.

Forget the coaches. Soccer should just be played for a meaningful game. It seems the only games that matters to some of you is if college coaches can come to watch. Their lies the problem with soccer after a goat is 13 or 14. This sucks!!! Let's just get some games going and forget about bringing that old system back. That system had so many issues and faults and we all can see what they are now.

Spicoli, why go to Surf if not for coaches? Is it the overpriced hotels? The dirt lot parking? Porta-Potties? The Best of the Rest competition? C'mon...

Plus, we have zero fields to play on right now. Oceanside can be home for all in OC. We need to keep the top top players sharp or we will fall further behind then we already are.

I do believe real N95 masks help, but not the "face covering" that we are being sold on.
Yes, N95 masks in preventing you from getting infected. But any face covering helps to prevent the spread if a person is infected...think of face coverings like a permanent sleeve/arm over the mouth to prevent somebody's cough/sneeze from going too far.

I don't think it's the Trump supporters out painting the streets with graffiti and no mask. Hard to tell... we're not allowed to ask Covid infected people if they were out looting. It's racist and hurtful.
So I just gotta ask what do anti-mask Trump supporters do when Trump suddenly pivots and says wearing masks is patriotic? Are you wearing a mask now or are you unpatriotic?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful at all. I think each parent who is a 100% no for playing soccer this year should just leave this forum and come back nest year. If your a parent who thinks it's safe as long as you dont bring anyone to the game over 70 and you dont go see someone over 70, you should be here talking soccer only. If we all did that, many lives would be saved and the kids could play youth sports. I respect those who see this as too risky. Some of us dont and let us be is all I got to say. The toughest and baddest players will play. That is a fact!!
You mean the toughest and baddest parents will make them play? No disrespect at all. Just pointless to push players out there too soon given teams are still not training. Thats begging for major injuries!

So I just gotta ask what do anti-mask Trump supporters do when Trump suddenly pivots and says wearing masks is patriotic? Are you wearing a mask now or are you unpatriotic?

I always wear a mask... but usually because I have to. However, I'll be shooting anybody that breaks down my security gate and sets one or more toes on my property. One bullet each for every warning you ignore.

Spicoli, 1) why go to Surf if not for coaches? 2) Is it the overpriced hotels? 3) The dirt lot parking? 4) Porta-Potties? 5) The Best of the Rest competition? 6) C'mon...
1) To get my dd some real games
2) You dont have to stay at a hotel
3) So
4) So
5) I'm not sure of the format but my dd wants to play a freaking competitive soccer match.
6) Your dd never got injured in club so she should stay out of this big time ganas games. Not for those looking to keep an injury free streak alive. Only reason Tom Brady is still playing so I'm not saying it cant be done. Stay home Outlaw with all your guns and wait for your gate to be broken and then the toes to come into the house. That's your action right there and that's all you get :)

Last edited:
You mean the toughest and baddest parents will make them play? No disrespect at all. Just pointless to push players out there too soon given teams are still not training. Thats begging for major injuries!
I have never, ever pushed my dd to play soccer dude. I do see some dads freaking out right now because they have paid over $50,000 for a college deal in soccer and that is looking really bad right now imo. My dd plays soccer to play soccer only. Do you understand that yet? Not the reason not to play if no scouts? Save yourself from injury? If you play for ganas, you find a way to play the great game. You dont get it and you surely dont get me.

Yes, N95 masks in preventing you from getting infected. But any face covering helps to prevent the spread if a person is infected...think of face coverings like a permanent sleeve/arm over the mouth to prevent somebody's cough/sneeze from going too far.

You should stop promoting masks. We know you libtard, rainbow warriors need Kung Flu numbers up nice and high! Well, maybe AFTER Surf and BEFORE November?

Surf cup will find a way. $ talks

They may remain to: Surf "camp" cup and updated rules for distance soccer where you have to maintain 6', wear a mask, no contact, or picking up the ball(kick in only like futsal), no parents but if there is a will and big $$ involved there is a way.

College Blackout period is likely to be extended well into October according to latest rumors but there is aways the virtual way of review so there's that.

So far CIF has been the only ones that actually intensively consulted with the state and have presented reasonable timelines, everyone else seems to be winging things so take things as optimistic but at the same time have realistic plans b.

1) To get my dd some real games
2) You dont have to stay at a hotel
3) So
4) So
5) I'm not sure of the format but my dd wants to play a freaking competitive soccer match.
6) Your dd never got injured in club so she should stay out of this big time ganas games. Not for those looking to keep an injury free streak alive. Only reason Tom Brady is still playing so I'm not saying it cant be done. Stay home Outlaw :)

Actually, you do have to stay at a hotel. In fact, you have to stay at THEIR hotels. I'm not talking about avoiding games... I'm talking about avoiding the Best of the Rest that Surf is today. Bloated and tired.

love the idea! But how Surf will make money?
Easy! Surf and every tournament has been hit hard. You have to show some faith in your customer base. Surf needs realize to gain customers trust by starting off with something small to gain the trust in your cliental and build the product. Some money is better than no money at this point.

Surf cup will find a way. $ talks

They may remain to: Surf "camp" cup and updated rules for distance soccer where you have to maintain 6', wear a mask, no contact, or picking up the ball(kick in only like futsal), no parents but if there is a will and big $$ involved there is a way.

College Blackout period is likely to be extended well into October according to latest rumors but there is aways the virtual way of review so there's that.

So far CIF has been the only ones that actually intensively consulted with the state and have presented reasonable timelines, everyone else seems to be winging things so take things as optimistic but at the same time have realistic plans b.

How would you play distance soccer? And why?

Actually, you do have to stay at a hotel. In fact, you have to stay at THEIR hotels. I'm not talking about avoiding games... I'm talking about avoiding the Best of the Rest that Surf is today. Bloated and tired.
Wrong!!! Not this year Outlaw. Our team is on the list to play so that's what we were told. Bad information is not good to spread around. Your becoming a virus and toxic Outlaw. Are you playing two sided on here? Why do you even care anyways? Your Nocal and NPL and I dont think your team is best of the best material. I'm not sure my dd team is either but we do get a chance to make our case.

Back