Is Surf Cup happening?

It's sad that our political leaders and health experts have lost all credibility with the public's confidence due to the fact that politics have influenced important public-health decisions rather than science. We should protect the most vulnerable and let everyone else live their lives. There is an excellent article in the WSJ by Dr. Ladapo who is an associate professor at UCLA's School of Medicine and his article is called "The Coronavirus Credibility Gap".

For better or worse, soccer is non-essential.

I have a daughter that plays college soccer and a 7th grade son on a wonderful club team with a wonderful coach at a club that takes COVID-19 seriously. My daughter can make her own decisions, but I hope that her season is cancelled. We already paid for my son’s season in full, and we will be holding him out for the foreseeable future.

The source of information that I rely upon for decision making is from CIDRAP at the University of Minnesota. I find the Osterholm Update particularly informative.

Best of luck to all.

My wish for the 4th of July is that our country can find a way to legalize freedom as soon as possible.

Any updates besides the August 1st decision?
I know you ignore me Guru and that's ok. If you want my news here it is. I was told by a very reliable source that Surf Cup is still on and folks are trying to make it all work. I want this to happen so I'm pushing for it.

That's six or seven weeks away. I imagine weekly league games at that time are more likely than a big tournament.

Maybe Surf Cup Labor Day can be the home opener for the whole SW ECNL? Have two league games instead of a showcase.
"Oceanside Soccer Bubble"

Then have league games in AZ and Vegas. No more showcase, just ganas league games. Better for all.

Last edited:
I know you ignore me Guru and that's ok. If you want my news here it is. I was told by a very reliable source that Surf Cup is still on and folks are trying to make it all work. I want this to happen so I'm pushing for it.

Surf Cup can't afford to, lose $$ this year. They'll do anything to try to host a tournament. I just don't see how that's in the cards as of now. Surf might try to do something for U13 and under but that's a pipe dream too. For the older players- if no scouts in attendance, don't see how teams with travel to an important event for 2021, 2022 and 2023's with out coaches being there. I say no to Surf unless things change in the next 4 weeks. Hell some teams aren't even training yet.

Maybe Surf Cup Labor Day can be the home opener for the whole SW ECNL? Have two league games instead of a showcase.
"Oceanside Soccer Bubble"

Then have league games in AZ and Vegas. No more showcase, just ganas league games. Better for all.

Just don't see how they can pull this off!

Just don't see how they can pull this off!
Half empty? I'm the guy folks call to get a vision when most see a road block. Think outside the box Bushman...lol!!! If I recall you found a way to Florida and made it happen. ECNL Labor Day Home Opener is a great idea and I see it being pulled off in Oceanside. 7 weeks is plenty of time.

Can't agree with you more man and at this point no coaches are coming. If Surf was smart they would look in Instat so coaches can watch games from there house. I think the GA League is on to something.
Forget the coaches. Soccer should just be played for a meaningful game. It seems the only games that matters to some of you is if college coaches can come to watch. Their lies the problem with soccer after a goat is 13 or 14. This sucks!!! Let's just get some games going and forget about bringing that old system back. That system had so many issues and faults and we all can see what they are now.

Back