Is Surf Cup happening?

Unfortunately, that's not the case in San Diego. It's very difficult to get a test without symptoms even if you've been directly exposed. You effectively have to lie to get a test, or pay $100, but that usually has to include a doctors referral. Apparently, there is no shortage of tests just concern over the ability to timely process the test. So those with symptoms get a significant priority.
Agree...my friends in LA and OC were exposed to a person with confirmed COVID and couldn't get an appointment for a week. Even my friend's father who is 86 and had a dry cough that was getting worse couldn't get an appointment for testing at Kaiser for 9 days.

USC announced today it would no longer welcome students onto campus for in-person classes for the fall semester — reversing an earlier decision to bring students back for a hybrid in-person and digital learning model. Does this kill their football season too?

Agree...my friends in LA and OC were exposed to a person with confirmed COVID and couldn't get an appointment for a week. Even my friend's father who is 86 and had a dry cough that was getting worse couldn't get an appointment for testing at Kaiser for 9 days.
I do know that some young adults that were exposed to Covid (friends of my niece, who was also exposed) were able to get same day tests and results this week in the OC, but had to wait in line for over 3 hours. Fortunately, all were negative.

The testing thing is so strange to me. I'm not in SoCal, (NorCal,) and also have Kaiser. I emailed me doc thinking I had a sinus infection but she wanted me to get a Covid test. Even though I had no know exposure. I got it next day via their drive thru site, (negative) results the next day.

Unfortunately, that's not the case in San Diego. It's very difficult to get a test without symptoms even if you've been directly exposed. You effectively have to lie to get a test, or pay $100, but that usually has to include a doctors referral. Apparently, there is no shortage of tests just concern over the ability to timely process the test. So those with symptoms get a significant priority.
Those who have Blue Shield will have their tests covered, period. Don't know about other insurers.

Those who have Blue Shield will have their tests covered, period. Don't know about other insurers.
As far as I know most insurers cover the cost from their providers. Some people choose to pay out of pocket to go outside their network and get immediate testing with faster results. If Blue Shield pays for out of network tests that's great coverage. Hopefully neither of us have to find out.

At the peak, Polio killed 500,000 people a year worldwide. Deaths from COVID worldwide today is 516,000. I guess comparing the 2 is more than appropriate.
Can you give me a percentage per million of population then versus now? There are far more people in the world to say then when polio was a pandemic!

Can you give me a percentage per million of population then versus now? There are far more people in the world to say then when polio was a pandemic!
pop is about 3x as large, but covid’s only been big for about 1/3 of a year. both work out to about 170,000 deaths per billion pop per year.

Test was easy to get. I received an email that detailed local locations on a Sunday. On a lark (no symptoms), I clicked on a location and it asked if I wanted a test. I clicked yes. It then gave me a bunch of available appt times. I chose one for Tuesday at 11am. I had the negative results back on Friday. Zero cost. 5 min wait at the clinic. Couldn’t have been any easier.

Same thing with the anti-body test, but I was required to have an order from my primary care physician in order to avoid payment. (United Healthcare requirement)

According to Sacramento bee the state health department is reversing course on its wink and a nod to allow distanced practice for all California counties under day camps. They are saying the exception was never meant to apply to team practices. That’s the ball game folks. We will know more on Monday but if true that’s the end of distanced practices, the high school fall season and the summer tournaments. Will post the link when I get home later.

According to Sacramento bee the state health department is reversing course on its wink and a nod to allow distanced practice for all California counties under day camps. They are saying the exception was never meant to apply to team practices. That’s the ball game folks. We will know more on Monday but if true that’s the end of distanced practices, the high school fall season and the summer tournaments. Will post the link when I get home later.
That’s funny!

Thank you for the update. So maybe some of the good we got from the protesting and riots in socal was that we know this thing spreads. To all those who have lost loved one's from getting the virus because of many different reasons, RIP and I mean that 100%. Follow the rules everyone and maybe we can come out and play next year. I'm done trying to get my dd a soccer game this year. I got yelled at already from someone today who is mad as hell, because of this and that and I tried to explain calmly the facts and reasons and the more I make sense the more I get yelled at. I was not yelling, he was.

Back