Is Surf Cup happening?

It wasn't the math. He looked at the number above the US.

According to that link the US has 397 per million.
I repeat, show your work. It's currently much higher than the 67.1 that he wrote, and rising. Soon to surpass France at this rate.

Our leadership I've been disappointing in to be honest

Set by example with the national leaders playing 3 blind mice or whatever they do.

You really have been disappointing.

When Trump took charge, libtards called him a "dictator." So when he gave control to the governors, libtards called him a "coward."

So which is it? What type of leadership will libtards be satisfied with?

Your math is really off - by almost a factor of 10 for the US. You might want to recheck that before claiming someone else looks bad. Show your work and get back to us. And LOL at the dude who actually liked your post. Haha.
yep you are correct i wrote the wrong number. but US still better. i know you root against the US but maybe you'll be right

The irony of our country. 2 months ago HB city filed a lawsuit against the state of CA to allow them to open the beaches. Newport Beach was also upset.
Now both cities have closed because their life guards are afraid of getting covid or the wave of people expected this weekend.
There’s not one leader in this country that could have avoided this mess. Maybe others could do better than Trump (basically anyone). The problem is with our own people. We are a land or individuals for good or bad. We all (entire country) cannot and will not follow instructions from any leader and we always talk about our freedom.

For the most part this works very well but in the case of COVID, it’s definitely not working at all. Too many entitled people thinking masks is an attack to their freedom. Especially in the OC and some even attacked that poor OC health leader for trying to mandate masks. She was right about the mask thing.

I am all for masks in public but locking us all up for more than 3 months Is not an option. The cure will be worse than the diseases if they mandate another quarantine

Show your work? Just go to the link and look it up. They have the stats. No math involved at all in looking it up.
I see you're math challenged, too. The dude already admitted he was wrong. Stop embarrassing yourself trying to defend dude after he already gave in.

i didn't embarrass anything dolt. i made a mistake which oh well not my first not my last. Im right in that the other countries have worse death rates per 1 mil.
I had a baller in my class back in grade school. You make one mistake in math or stuttering and you become a complete embarrassment....lol!!!

The irony of our country. 2 months ago HB city filed a lawsuit against the state of CA to allow them to open the beaches. Newport Beach was also upset.
Now both cities have closed because their life guards are afraid of getting covid or the wave of people expected this weekend.
There’s not one leader in this country that could have avoided this mess. Maybe others could do better than Trump (basically anyone). The problem is with our own people. We are a land or individuals for good or bad. We all (entire country) cannot and will not follow instructions from any leader and we always talk about our freedom.

For the most part this works very well but in the case of COVID, it’s definitely not working at all. Too many entitled people thinking masks is an attack to their freedom. Especially in the OC and some even attacked that poor OC health leader for trying to mandate masks. She was right about the mask thing.

I am all for masks in public but locking us all up for more than 3 months Is not an option. The cure will be worse than the diseases if they mandate another quarantine

An interesting point about this mask business is that it is self-correcting -- those least likely to use masks are also those most likely to get sick.

How about being lied to from the get go?
Is this normal behavior?

Wouldn't surprise me like I said I'm disappointed in the national leadership which includes the executive branch, congress, house, agencies, etc the whole lot of them.

I'm not into politics, somebody's party, ideology, affiliations, or candidates I hope the country as a whole can continue to make progress and move things forward.

I thought you were a CPA? Or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Peak polio deaths were around 1955. The world had approx 2.8 billion people.

Today we have about 7.8 billion people.

So if polio were that devastating given todays world wide population numbers...instead of 500k the number would be 1,392,857.

If you are going to compare deaths in the world, then you have to adjust for population.

So no comparing polio to covid is not anywhere close to appropriate.

While I sort of appreciate your attempt to extrapolate numbers to make your argument, there are many reasons why a straight extrapolation for the purposes of your argument doesn't work. Among a multitude of reasons why that strategy doesn't work is the populations around the world are impacted differently by population growth, impact of illness (i.e. certain countries with less population increases are third world or slightly above that classification where more percentage of the population are impacted by deaths from Polio etc.)

If we are to just look at the US, the CDC noted 1,879 deaths from polio per year from 1950 to 1954. With a population increase of 28% (1950 to today) that works out to be death equivalents in today's numbers of 2,405 and paralytic case equivalents in today's numbers of 21,000.

"CDC reports for US Polio. Polio vaccine was licensed in the United States in 1955. During 1951-1954, an average of 16,316 paralytic polio cases and 1879 deaths from polio were reported each year (9,10)."

So, as I originally said, there is more than enough reason to compare Polio and COVID.

I thought you were a CPA? Or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Peak polio deaths were around 1955. The world had approx 2.8 billion people.

Today we have about 7.8 billion people.

So if polio were that devastating given todays world wide population numbers...instead of 500k the number would be 1,392,857.

If you are going to compare deaths in the world, then you have to adjust for population.

So no comparing polio to covid is not anywhere close to appropriate.
Once Dec 31 rolls around, I wouldn’t be surprised if your 1.4 million number is kind of close.

we are at 523K, with US, Afrcia, and Brazil all heading in the wrong direction. Another 900K over summer and fall is a pretty reasonable prediction.

While I sort of appreciate your attempt to extrapolate numbers to make your argument, there are many reasons why a straight extrapolation for the purposes of your argument doesn't work. Among a multitude of reasons why that strategy doesn't work is the populations around the world are impacted differently by population growth, impact of illness (i.e. certain countries with less population increases are third world or slightly above that classification where more percentage of the population are impacted by deaths from Polio etc.)

If we are to just look at the US, the CDC noted 1,879 deaths from polio per year from 1950 to 1954. With a population increase of 28% (1950 to today) that works out to be death equivalents in today's numbers of 2,405 and paralytic case equivalents in today's numbers of 21,000.

"CDC reports for US Polio. Polio vaccine was licensed in the United States in 1955. During 1951-1954, an average of 16,316 paralytic polio cases and 1879 deaths from polio were reported each year (9,10)."

So, as I originally said, there is more than enough reason to compare Polio and COVID.
And....if you extrapolate COVID deaths based on the 5 month activity worldwide on the same basis that you did for calculating worldwide population equivalent which would also not be appropriate because of so many other variables, we still come up with about 1.3 million deaths worldwide from COVID.

but in the US you can generally get a test now with relatively little difficulty.
Unfortunately, that's not the case in San Diego. It's very difficult to get a test without symptoms even if you've been directly exposed. You effectively have to lie to get a test, or pay $100, but that usually has to include a doctors referral. Apparently, there is no shortage of tests just concern over the ability to timely process the test. So those with symptoms get a significant priority.

Back