Is Surf Cup happening?

Little League is in full training mode in local parks. Some kids wear masks and some don't, same with coaches. A lot of little kids just having fun training and hanging out with their buddies.
Right, and little league is such a high contact sport. :)

Leadership matters and this is where the USA needs to be better. While the rest of the world is showing progress where going in the opposite direction. This is sad to me and it's time for change. This is old but our numbers just continue to rise.

FB_IMG_1593722447721.jpg

Leadership matters and this is where the USA needs to be better. While the rest of the world is showing progress where going in the opposite direction. This is sad to me and it's time for change. This is old but our numbers just continue to rise.

View attachment 8024
Do you think the rest of the world "test" as much as the US? Do you think the rioters had its way for a month? Graphs mean nothing....you believe the China figure?

View attachment 8024
Which leadership are you referring to? the leadership of Dr. Fauci since Trump has deferred his actions to those "experts"?. Or the local Leadership, the governors who should be prepared for many different events that occur in their state? I believe most if not all the governors have said Trump was able to provide assistance every time he was called upon. State leadership and their policies drive how they react to events i.e. putting covid patients in nursing homes. Did you want Trump to turn into a dictator and force marshall law? forcibly keep people in their homes? I thought that's what liberals were scared of when Trump was elected.

Our leadership I've been disappointing in to be honest

Set by example with the national leaders playing 3 blind mice or whatever they do.

Our leadership I've been disappointing in to be honest

Set by example with the national leaders playing 3 blind mice or whatever they do.
How about being lied to from the get go?
Is this normal behavior?

Do you think the rest of the world "test" as much as the US? Do you think the rioters had its way for a month? Graphs mean nothing....you believe the China figure?
They tested more than we did, especially early.

That's part of the reason they got it under control and we did not.

They had contact tracing early on; Newsome stated that he added tracers to the budget, but of course havent seen or heard if the millions designated for this is actually working....

Yes, we were slow out of the gate (largely due to the CDC/FDA error and their attempt to keep a govt monopoly over the tests), but in the US you can generally get a test now with relatively little difficulty. In Germany, you can only get a test if you are showing symptoms or have been in contact with a confirmed case. Germany's program of T&T has been much praised, but it's testing is much more limited than ours (for example kids returning to my son's school soccer camp must get COVID tests from their pediatricians).

You can't compare us to the nations of western Europe either. Their curves mirror the eastern seaboard exactly....at a certain point you hit a range where the low hanging brush is cleared and you have some smaller community transmission. Our midwest resembles Germany (which is struggling with its own reoutbreak in Berlin). Our south resembles eastern Europe (which also locked down too early), but 3 of our states are population heavy (2 Rs, 1 D). Hawaii resembles Iceland.

View attachment 8024
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ Death per 1million population USA 67.1 Italy 576 France 458 Spain 607.....were there other countries that you were thinking of? because this makes your post look really really bad

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ Death per 1million population USA 67.1 Italy 576 France 458 Spain 607.....were there other countries that you were thinking of? because this makes your post look really really bad
Your math is really off - by almost a factor of 10 for the US. You might want to recheck that before claiming someone else looks bad. Show your work and get back to us. And LOL at the dude who actually liked your post. Haha.

At the peak, Polio killed 500,000 people a year worldwide. Deaths from COVID worldwide today is 516,000. I guess comparing the 2 is more than appropriate.
I thought you were a CPA? Or am I mixing you up with someone else?

Peak polio deaths were around 1955. The world had approx 2.8 billion people.

Today we have about 7.8 billion people.

So if polio were that devastating given todays world wide population numbers...instead of 500k the number would be 1,392,857.

If you are going to compare deaths in the world, then you have to adjust for population.

So no comparing polio to covid is not anywhere close to appropriate.

I read it as 397 for USA and that makes us the 8th worse country. Italy, UK, France, Belgium, Spain are ahead of us. The biggest issue is that they are all in a significant decline and we are just getting ready for a new wave. We probably will finish in the top 5 in the world and that’s not good.

Back