GO3 Sign off - Best things I ever heard on the forums

Orale, you have to be cut from a different cloth to hang in those leagues. Some of the best action is on the sidelines with all the coaches...ahem...parents getting excited and screaming profanities. Even the abuelitas / grandmas will throw down!
Brah, 100% them coaches were brutal

His voice carries that's for sure! Would love to hear that play by play!

I agree his DD was the definition of a CM, she did all the little things and her fundamentals were so strong. At the time there were plenty of CMs who were flashy with the burst of speeds, but it didn't take much time watching her play to appreciate how easy she made it look. In hindsight if you look at the CMs that were on Goats FC, it's scary!
446F322E-A6CF-4621-9470-4982B5B808B1.jpeg

I forget what position he played overseas but he is not one to mess with.
Best believe he played centerback, I remember him telling me when my Goat switched to that position after so many years of playing on the wing. He got fired up and told me stories about how he would destroy forwards!

Someday I hope there will be a new Goats FC take root. Tech are you going to leave me the logo so it can be used in the future?

Ray and I chatted earlier this year / late last year via text. Prior to that we chatted a few times over the phone. He told me he still has the green straw hat and misses those simpler times.

He and I worked on a project together he was doing for his house a few years back, this was when I was with the planning / design group at a local "Utility" and he was looking to get some permits. I'm still at the company but in a different department now.

At one of the Goats FC tournaments our families stayed at the same hotel and I got to see the Ray behind the "Crazy Ray", he is such a sweetheart and always checked in with us during tough times and just to say hello randomly and brighten up our spirits.

My favorite Ray moments in no particular order:
- Ray taking Som some "refreshments" on the coaches sideline.
- Ray nearly giving the restaurant staff a heart attack when he went into the kitchen when we played at the Beach FC tournament!
- Ray's straw hat.
- Ray giving everyone sh*t and making even the most introvert person feel relaxed around him.
- Ray parking his big a$$ canopy midfield for every club game!

I was there when his DD hurt her knee the 2nd time during a DA game and I still remember his face and concern for her when she went down. I wrote an article on this site about her and the experience the first time around. I never thought this game would bring me in contact which such beautiful people, but I'm grateful for each and every one of you.
We were there the first time she was hurt. Sparky broke her arm at the same tournament and they saw each other at the tent.

His voice carries that's for sure! Would love to hear that play by play!

I agree his DD was the definition of a CM, she did all the little things and her fundamentals were so strong. At the time there were plenty of CMs who were flashy with the burst of speeds, but it didn't take much time watching her play to appreciate how easy she made it look. In hindsight if you look at the CMs that were on Goats FC, it's scary!
Between her and Coco, I never saw panic no matter how much pressure you put on them. They were like escape artists with the ball on their feet.

Someday I hope there will be a new Goats FC take root. Tech are you going to leave me the logo so it can be used in the future?
Dom, you are allowed to use my dd pic for any future marketing and I can loan out her shirt and socks to any goat in need. Thank you Sparky for bringing back the good and awesome times of club soccer. We were so rebellious and broke all the "rules" of not being a classy parent. Those other parents from the other side were the biggest cry babies I have ever met.

2014-06-07 13.53.54.jpg

I believe that question goes to @Sombitch …..
Agree, I have the logos as @Sombitch shared with me to make some shirts for the parents. But I definitely think @Sombitch would be best suited to pass the torch and "rules" along to any future age groups looking to do something similar. I recall at one point him including the breakdown in the first e-mail he sent all of us to make sure we were all on the same page and carried that legacy forward the right way.

I know the 09s? put together a version of Goats that was a bit loose with some of the selection criteria and it got them some heat from some posters on stacking the decks but I can certainly see an active "youngers" age group deciding to do what other Goats team have done before. Why wouldn't somebody want to, look at the pictures down below. I can honestly say our girls were brought together at a time when things were getting to that serious boiling point of coaches / clubs / and even us parents being overbearing and @Sombitch gave them an opportunity to remember why they play the game in the first place, for the love and passion of it.

IMG_0358.JPG

IMG_0973.JPG

IMG_0359.JPG

Last edited:
Agree, I have the logos as @Sombitch shared with me to make some shirts for the parents. But I definitely think @Sombitch would be best suited to pass the torch and "rules" along to any future age groups looking to do something similar. I recall at one point him including the breakdown in the first e-mail he sent all of us to make sure we were all on the same page and carried that legacy forward the right way.

I know the 09s? put together a version of Goats that was a bit loose with some of the selection criteria and it got them some heat from some posters on stacking the decks but I can certainly see an active "youngers" age group deciding to do what other Goats team have done before. Why wouldn't somebody want to, look at the pictures down below. I can honestly say our girls were brought together at a time when things were getting to that serious boiling point of coaches / clubs / and even us parents being overbearing and @Sombitch gave them an opportunity to remember why they play the game in the first place, for the love and passion of it.

View attachment 10893

View attachment 10894

View attachment 10895
Fun is written all over their faces :)

I'm still shocked with all the grief we took from parents @Technician72. We played up too and Joy was happy to allow the little goats to have some fun. The other parents were so up tight and all in huff & puff. I told one lady to go take a walk and remember what this is all about, the kids. She flipped me off, I kid you not. We had parents looking for Joy herself looking for a refund. They said we stacked an all star team, oh please. That tournament is still my #1 experience in youth soccer.

I remember well watching Goats play at J Serra couple of times, saying to myself that this right there is the perfect example of how soccer should be done.
The J Serra games were fun, we would bring in the grill and fire up burgers / hot dogs, we had candy, ice cream, snacks galore, and of course "green cups". Surprisingly enough I don't think any of the girls threw up, or the parents ;).

Let’s get it going! So down to see the 09s!!!

I was just talking about Goats with the 2010 group!!! I will make sure the 10s get it done correctly
The 06/05 group did it right. They were organized by Tech and managed by RG. They also played the game on the field the right way too. And, as Tech mentioned Blues/RR use to lose his mind playing and losing to a team that was not coached.;)

The 06/05 group did it right. They were organized by Tech and managed by RG. They also played the game on the field the right way too. And, as Tech mentioned Blues/RR use to lose his mind playing and losing to a team that was not coached.;)
Goats teams in general had some unique games with the Blues. They hated us and would get more heated when we wouldn't hate them back, they couldn't fathom soccer being played for fun at any level.

That being said not all Blues parents are like that and we had some on Goats from Blues that got it, but the times the Goats teams squared off with Blues, they certainly let us know we weren't liked much.

@LASTMAN14 I remember AW from Slammers coming over and watching our game, 06s, versus Blues / RR and he was having a laugh at how bent out of shape Rob was getting.

AW was on the forums at that time and he got it too, he was one of the good ones at keeping it fun. Always supportive of my kids and had them come out and guest whenever they were free.

Let’s get it going! So down to see the 09s!!!

I was just talking about Goats with the 2010 group!!! I will make sure the 10s get it done correctly
@Sombitch The 09-11s are a lot more active as the girls / parents are really into it right now and the whole scene. Feel free to float any names my way if you have any concerns on the parents being good fits for Goats. I can only think of one person, and @LASTMAN14 can vouch for this that you want to steer away from, other than that the posters in general in those ages are really even keel and seem to be getting it!

Back