GO3 Sign off - Best things I ever heard on the forums

Sparky9

SILVER ELITE
This weekend I was at OCGP to watch Keeperpops daughter play her last club game on the same field we used to have our practices for a few years with Bladescoach AW on the Irvine Slammers. She made a great save on a clear breakaway and her team won a meaningless game on a PK in the last 30 seconds to cap off a good club soccer run before she goes to college. Between the FB memories popping up daily of weekend tournaments, sand soccer, and futsal events with copacabana, it is hard to not get a little nostalgic.

1. Boys need to win to feel good, girls need to feel good to win. Some girls may not fit this stereo type, but mine did for sure.
2. Put you kid on a team where they are in the middle of the pack talent wise. Not the best player, not riding the bench last to go in.
3. Pick your team for the coach, not the club. The most important factor for my kid was if a coach believed in her on the field. The Club just determines your laundry.

No advice on my part because you have to make your own mistakes to learn the lessons I did, which were many. My daughter learned so much about perseverance, team work, and the value of grit. Best thing we got out of club soccer are the friendships we have made. HB Soccermom you are the best. Shout out to the Goats FC family and my dd's coaches soccerislyfe7 TW, Clint Murray, Bladescoach AW and Don Hodgson. Special thanks to Don Hodgson at Strikers North FC who is a man I respect so much for the way he cares about his players. He took a team from u9 through graduation and still had 6 original players at the end which is super rare.

We had a blast doing just for fun tournaments as the Unicorns, Candy Corns, and the always dangerous Honey Badgers FC on the futsal circuit. Thanks to all the kids and families that bought into that madness. Thanks Dom for the forums, Moongirl and Flipthrow signing off as well. Sombitch The Mayor of Encinitas I will see you at Swamis or Cardiff. Technician72 no one has filled your shoes on these boards with Techs Specs. To Sparky7, you cost me a few years tuition playing this game and drank your weight in smoothies and bobas but I would not trade one minute for all the great times we had.

Best of luck you to you and your kids on your next adventure... it all goes so fast I'm sure I will be a blubbering mess when my kids are off to college. Can I get your input and thoughts on why you think this is some of the best advice you've got I find it really interesting and I'm genuinely interested

2. Put you kid on a team where they are in the middle of the pack talent wise. Not the best player, not riding the bench last to go in.

Thanks and best of luck again to you and your family!!

This weekend I was at OCGP to watch Keeperpops daughter play her last club game on the same field we used to have our practices for a few years with Bladescoach AW on the Irvine Slammers. She made a great save on a clear breakaway and her team won a meaningless game on a PK in the last 30 seconds to cap off a good club soccer run before she goes to college. Between the FB memories popping up daily of weekend tournaments, sand soccer, and futsal events with copacabana, it is hard to not get a little nostalgic.

1. Boys need to win to feel good, girls need to feel good to win. Some girls may not fit this stereo type, but mine did for sure.
3. Pick your team for the coach, not the club. The most important factor for my kid was if a coach believed in her on the field. The Club just determines your laundry.

No advice on my part because you have to make your own mistakes to learn the lessons I did, which were many. My daughter learned so much about perseverance, team work, and the value of grit. Best thing we got out of club soccer are the friendships we have made. HB Soccermom you are the best. Shout out to the Goats FC family and my dd's coaches soccerislyfe7 TW, Clint Murray, Bladescoach AW and Don Hodgson. Special thanks to Don Hodgson at Strikers North FC who is a man I respect so much for the way he cares about his players. He took a team from u9 through graduation and still had 6 original players at the end which is super rare.

We had a blast doing just for fun tournaments as the Unicorns, Candy Corns, and the always dangerous Honey Badgers FC on the futsal circuit. Thanks to all the kids and families that bought into that madness. Thanks Dom for the forums, Moongirl and Flipthrow signing off as well. Sombitch The Mayor of Encinitas I will see you at Swamis or Cardiff. Technician72 no one has filled your shoes on these boards with Techs Specs. To Sparky7, you cost me a few years tuition playing this game and drank your weight in smoothies and bobas but I would not trade one minute for all the great times we had.
What a ride, huh? @Sparky9 you fit the mold and overflowed outside of it at the same time. Such a great person with a beautiful family! I will always remember your knack to bring some levity to situations that called for it.

We still have one more year to go with our Goat and the emotions are already starting to swell up inside, seeing all the final club games for the 03s is starting to drive it home. Best of luck to your family going forward!

Shoutout to "Keeperpops" and his DD, who were our brother / sister in arms when it came to being a GK in this crazy soccer landscape! My DD looked up to her in so many ways and loved the bright uniforms and the keeper "Bun Mohawk".

Best of luck you to you and your kids on your next adventure... it all goes so fast I'm sure I will be a blubbering mess when my kids are off to college. Can I get your input and thoughts on why you think this is some of the best advice you've got I find it really interesting and I'm genuinely interested

Thanks and best of luck again to you and your family!!

My daughter was a good, but not great player. Excellent team mate, good passer, 100% effort, but not big or super talented and took supplements and inhalers for grass/heat induced asthma which is really fun at 102 degree Silverlakes in the summer. Played 4 or five positions so more of a utility player on good Flight 1 teams. To answer your question, she had the most fun when she was the 8 or 9th starter on the team out of 11 or at least first off the bench. Sitting on the bench too long and she played with too much hesitancy and would get burned. I tried to put her on the highest level teams that she would get playing time and still contribute. She played much stronger games as a starter because her confidence was higher. She played with some great players (5 kids on the VP HS team that took 2nd in CIF were on her Slammers/Strikers teams). Many of her old team mates have been DA/ECNL players and have a bright future in college. She played club volleyball, hs volleyball and club soccer. Soccer actually prepared her to do well with volleyball even though they are very different. Her throw ins got double the distance after learning to serve in volleyball so there is something to be said for playing multiple sports.

What a ride, huh? @Sparky9 you fit the mold and overflowed outside of it at the same time. Such a great person with a beautiful family! I will always remember your knack to bring some levity to situations that called for it.

We still have one more year to go with our Goat and the emotions are already starting to swell up inside, seeing all the final club games for the 03s is starting to drive it home. Best of luck to your family going forward!

Shoutout to "Keeperpops" and his DD, who were our brother / sister in arms when it came to being a GK in this crazy soccer landscape! My DD looked up to her in so many ways and loved the bright uniforms and the keeper "Bun Mohawk".

Thanks Tech. I am kind of an acquired taste. Just ask the doc who once called me a cancer because we had an abusive coach and chose to leave before state cup. It was fun to ruffle some feathers on the boards and to troll Keeperpops as Moongirl. I used to send him private messages posing as a single mom with a daughter who was a goalie in the same age group that wanted to meet him. He would ask me to read them at practice and try to figure out what team she was from. It was all in good fun and I like most, took everything too seriously from U8 to U11 before figuring it all out.

All the best!

Casper

Sparky, thanks for stopping by yesterday at OCGP and watch #keepermegs play her final club game. As my 03 DD ends this chapter, we are excited for her next opportunity to play D3 @ St. Mary’s University of Minnesota. Yes this SoCal gal will bundling up.

Kudos to all my fellow forum posters, the soccer fams we met and the bunch. Tech, tried to get my DD with the bun-hawk one last time but failed.

No advice to give but I was a club hopper during her U little years for a reason. I moved my DD not necessarily to the best teams but who played against the best team. It challenged her skills both physically and mentally.

We all know injuries is part of their journey and DD overcame 2 ACL (2017) & 2019. She paid her dues to get back in the pitch. We videotaped her rehab sessions and sent them to college coaches during junior/senior year.

Wishing all the 03’s the best and yes I think a bug hit my eyes several times this weekend especially when the final whistle blew. To the 04 parents, enjoy the ride and who knows I might be next to you next year to get my fix.

Baaaahaha

Sparky, thanks for stopping by yesterday at OCGP and watch #keepermegs play her final club game. As my 03 DD ends this chapter, we are excited for her next opportunity to play D3 @ St. Mary’s University of Minnesota. Yes this SoCal gal will bundling up.

Kudos to all my fellow forum posters, the soccer fams we met and the bunch. Tech, tried to get my DD with the bun-hawk one last time but failed.

No advice to give but I was a club hopper during her U little years for a reason. I moved my DD not necessarily to the best teams but who played against the best team. It challenged her skills both physically and mentally.

We all know injuries is part of their journey and DD overcame 2 ACL (2017) & 2019. She paid her dues to get back in the pitch. We videotaped her rehab sessions and sent them to college coaches during junior/senior year.

Wishing all the 03’s the best and yes I think a bug hit my eyes several times this weekend especially when the final whistle blew. To the 04 parents, enjoy the ride and who knows I might be next to you next year to get my fix.

Baaaahaha
Spoken by a true club hopper :) It was honor to hop in the same place that one time....lol!!! Thanks for listening to all my rants bro and for checking on me in my lowest moments in my life. Sorry if it was too much back then. It was crazy ass times. BTW, super props & congrats for your goat gk continuing the journey in college. She is tough and I bet will do excellent at St Marys :)

@Sparky9 sounds like your DD was a well rounded great player and teammate who had a great ride!!! best of luck to your family!! and thanks for answering my question, your answer makes total sense!! And cheers to multiple sports kids you don't see that too often anymore!

@Sparky9 sounds like your DD was a well rounded great player and teammate who had a great ride!!! best of luck to your family!! and thanks for answering my question, your answer makes total sense!! And cheers to multiple sports kids you don't see that too often anymore!
She’s a great kid who comes from a great family!

Congrats to you @Sparky9 and to you @keeperpops. You e both raise great kids and our future will be that much better for it!

She’s a great kid who comes from a great family!

Congrats to you @Sparky9 and to you @keeperpops. You e both raise great kids and our future will be that much better for it!

Thanks Kicker. it was great to meet, play with, and then against so many great players and families. It is weird being a late bday '03 (junior in HS) with 80 percent of her team graduating and still having a ton of 04 friends still playing. Now that things are getting back to normal, it seems about time that the governing bodies fool around with birth years again and go back to the old system. That was so productive and helpful to everyone.

Wow! Time flies, seems like yesterday we had our girls playing together for Goats FC. Good luck to your Goat Kepeerpops in her next chapter in college. My DD has one more year of this crazy club soccer world. One of my favorite memories was when our girls kick a$$ playing in the boys Saturday league .

Sparky9 thanks for always inviting my DD to be part of the Candy Corns, Unicorns, and Honey Badgers. Those days were a blast! So many great families and people we have met throughout this journey!

Wow! Time flies, seems like yesterday we had our girls playing together for Goats FC. Good luck to your Goat Kepeerpops in her next chapter in college. My DD has one more year of this crazy club soccer world. One of my favorite memories was when our girls kick a$$ playing in the boys Saturday league .

Sparky9 thanks for always inviting my DD to be part of the Candy Corns, Unicorns, and Honey Badgers. Those days were a blast! So many great families and people we have met throughout this journey!
@reyster Finally got you to post on the new site! All the Goats coming out of the woodwork! Be careful "Baba" might right around the corner to troll you!

One of the great things rarely discussed is how kids learn by watching other players. There is value to playing with the same team for a long time in regards to chemistry but the Goats/Honey Badgers were great to throw kids together who barely knew each other with no practices and they just had to figure it out on the field. Then afterwards no matter what tournament you were at you would have a friend playing at the same venue.

Back