GO3 Sign off - Best things I ever heard on the forums

It looks like the guy doing it now with those younger teams is doing it more for ego and to demonstrate how "special" his daughter is.

Disagree. I know the guy doing it now and his kid. And a few of the other parents.

Whoa.... just for clarity. The guy I am referring to is not using the name GOATS FC. They have their own moniker.

Got it! Thanks for clarifying.

Yup, the guy he's talking about isn't the younger Goats team, it's the other guy @LASTMAN14 and I know @Sombitch should steer away from if he decides to form a new Goats FC team.

Without names, and just interested, how many of these girls are going to play in college?
p.s. this is one of the better threads in quite sometime. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Good question, out of the Goats players that were "regulars", there were 16ish players on the squad.

I believe 5 are graduating this year. The majority graduate next year and we have one who graduates the year after that.

@Keeper pops you wanna take a stab at this one based on the FaceBook Group / Chat we have and see if we can collect this info? Maybe the numbers for the girls graduating this year? The girls from next year are heating up / wrapping up the recruiting process.

At a high level it's gotta be around half of the squad that will play at the next level.

From the 01

There are players playing at :

Vassar
Fullerton
University of Hawaii
Washington St
Irvine
Army
Miriam
LMU
Pacific
Arizona St

Colorado
USC

A and a few national team call ups with this group

Good question, out of the Goats players that were "regulars", there were 16ish players on the squad.

I believe 5 are graduating this year. The majority graduate next year and we have one who graduates the year after that.

@Keeper pops you wanna take a stab at this one based on the FaceBook Group / Chat we have and see if we can collect this info? Maybe the numbers for the girls graduating this year? The girls from next year are heating up / wrapping up the recruiting process.

At a high level it's gotta be around half of the squad that will play at the next level.

Ray and I chatted earlier this year / late last year via text. Prior to that we chatted a few times over the phone. He told me he still has the green straw hat and misses those simpler times.

He and I worked on a project together he was doing for his house a few years back, this was when I was with the planning / design group at a local "Utility" and he was looking to get some permits. I'm still at the company but in a different department now.

At one of the Goats FC tournaments our families stayed at the same hotel and I got to see the Ray behind the "Crazy Ray", he is such a sweetheart and always checked in with us during tough times and just to say hello randomly and brighten up our spirits.

My favorite Ray moments in no particular order:
- Ray taking Som some "refreshments" on the coaches sideline.
- Ray nearly giving the restaurant staff a heart attack when he went into the kitchen when we played at the Beach FC tournament!
- Ray's straw hat.
- Ray giving everyone sh*t and making even the most introvert person feel relaxed around him.
- Ray parking his big a$$ canopy midfield for every club game!

I was there when his DD hurt her knee the 2nd time during a DA game and I still remember his face and concern for her when she went down. I wrote an article on this site about her and the experience the first time around. I never thought this game would bring me in contact which such beautiful people, but I'm grateful for each and every one of you.

WELL - How the Hell are you all???? Soccer18 here just checking in after ALL these years. I was inspired to do so by a great friend from back in the old days. I can't begin to tell you all how much I miss those days years back when everything seemed so straight forward and simple. Some of the best times of my life were spent with my daughter Vaugn living the so cal soccer life and meeting each one of our very special friends. I wish we had never left........ BUT damn it all to hell when one of our angels get hurt. that knee injury changed everything....... and still affects her to this day.

I wish all of you the best. I'll never forget.

WELL - How the Hell are you all???? Soccer18 here just checking in after ALL these years. I was inspired to do so by a great friend from back in the old days. I can't begin to tell you all how much I miss those days years back when everything seemed so straight forward and simple. Some of the best times of my life were spent with my daughter Vaugn living the so cal soccer life and meeting each one of our very special friends. I wish we had never left........ BUT damn it all to hell when one of our angels get hurt. that knee injury changed everything....... and still affects her to this day.

From the 01

There are players playing at :

Vassar
Fullerton
University of Hawaii
Washington St
Irvine
Army
Miriam
LMU
Pacific
Arizona St

Colorado
USC

A and a few national team call ups with this group
01 Make a Run is in CO now and his daughter switched to lacrosse at age 13 and was a great decision. As her Lindewood lax team just won the NCAA D2 National Championship.

Sparky7 is a late 03 so senior next year but 90percent of her team graduated so her focus is on volleyball now. Any GMiller sightings? His dd was 03 and she could play college if she chose to do so. I keep in touch with Peach's fam and her soccer days are over but she is now a beautiful lady heading to school and working.

You know what, my dd played for the gr8t Gaffer and he never lost his mind one time during the two years she played for him. Granted, we never faced the GOATS, so I won't say he didn't go cray cray....lol! 17 time cal south state cup champ is still damn impressive. I did hear about Bakers going cray cray though I believe that for sure....lol. The key to recruiting the right parents and kids is not easy. I would seek PM advice from Tech and a few others. Get ideas and come up with a new GOAT FC Team. I will come watch for sure and compare. We were a true mix bag of crazy. I just had a drink with one of the dads. How ironic....TGIF!!!

Maybe losing his mind is too strong in all fairness to the gaffer, but let’s just say he was having an animated discussion with his team the gist of which was “how can you be down 2-0 at the half to a team that hasn’t played together before and has no coach.

Maybe losing his mind is too strong in all fairness to the gaffer, but let’s just say he was having an animated discussion with his team the gist of which was “how can you be down 2-0 at the half to a team that hasn’t played together before and has no coach.
If we got down 0-2 to any team, then yes, RR would get up and start barking...lol.

Were the Goats FC 90% forum members?
That was the initial requirement. my dd was an alternate and got in last minute because someone from Eagles couldn't make it so HBSoccermom asked Sombitch to add my dd (and he has regretted it ever since). If they weren't forum members before they were asked they were before the weekend was over.

You my friend were, and still are one of the good ones. Vaugn is such a sweetheart and helped my DD come out of her shell during her shy years. She was so gracious with teammates and competitors alike.

I’m up in your neck of the woods tonight as my DD qualified for CIF in the 400 and 4 x 400 relay. Competing tomorrow on Saturday at Carpinteria HS. Played at the Legends College Showcase today, track on Saturday and back to soccer on Sunday.

Even if we can’t get the girls back for a tournament with Goats, we need to have a Goats reunion!

Were the Goats FC 90% forum members?

The original Goats team the 00/01’s was 100%. It all started because we used to make fun of Juve50 for being the one to take care of Ayla for Legends Tournaments. Then the question was asked if the goats at Ayala were his. Then it turned into that he was a Goat Effer. The name Goats was born.

We used to see each other at Tournaments and hang out. I used to host Friendly’s at the ranch, Quite frequently, this is where we really started to get to know each other. The forum was a lot friendlier back then. We then joked that we should make a team and enter a Tourney. We did the research and having connections, I reached out to a Tourney to see if they didn’t mind. We then came up with the rules of the construction of the team. One of the parents from Anaheim Surf came up with the logo. Heck we even had a video game app.

I Laugh each time I see that it started from G.O.A.T. But is easier to explain then real way the name was derived.

The rules were:
2 players from one club.
Must be an active forum member.
And you had to have fun.
And no coaching

We did this for 4 years. Same event. Except for the last year it was an Anaheim Surf event. The girls did not do it after 8th grade.

Som then took it on with this group 03/04. It was ablast and a core group of the OG’s still has a group text thread until this day. Soccer was not as serious as it is today. They were great times.

Attachments

• A13FCE4A-CA1F-4B74-850F-DE71B0F77158.gif
    A13FCE4A-CA1F-4B74-850F-DE71B0F77158.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 45
The original Goats team the 00/01’s was 100%. It all started because we used to make fun of Juve50 for being the one to take care of Ayla for Legends Tournaments. Then the question was asked if the goats at Ayala were his. Then it turned into that he was a Goat Effer. The name Goats was born.

We used to see each other at Tournaments and hang out. I used to host Friendly’s at the ranch, Quite frequently, this is where we really started to get to know each other. The forum was a lot friendlier back then. We then joked that we should make a team and enter a Tourney. We did the research and having connections, I reached out to a Tourney to see if they didn’t mind. We then came up with the rules of the construction of the team. One of the parents from Anaheim Surf came up with the logo. Heck we even had a video game app.

I Laugh each time I see that it started from G.O.A.T. But is easier to explain then real way the name was derived.

The rules were:
2 players from one club.
And you had to have fun.
And no coaching

We did this for 4 years. Same event. Except for the last year it was an Anaheim Surf event. The girls did not do it after 8th grade.

Som then took it on with this group 03/04. It was ablast and a core group of the OG’s still has a group text thread until this day. Soccer was not as serious as it is today. They were great times.
Goats across generations! Chris’ younger DD and my younger DD, GiantKeeper, won a State Cup together with PA and Strikers back in the day!

Best video EVER!

Just need one of DD at J Serra!

Lol

The rules were:
2 players from one club.
And you had to have fun.
And no coaching

As an outsider, reading this thread was fun - gives not only a glimpse of youth soccer a few years back when things were apparently more freewheeling, but even more interesting glimpse of the dynamics between personalities on this forum! . Who knows who. Who are old pals from the touchline. Who might just have a continuing rivalry…

Fun to read about the team of goats aka bad news bears aka might ducks…. Thanks for sharing your collective memories with this outsider

As an outsider, reading this thread was fun - gives not only a glimpse of youth soccer a few years back when things were apparently more freewheeling, but even more interesting glimpse of the dynamics between personalities on this forum! . Who knows who. Who are old pals from the touchline. Who might just have a continuing rivalry…

Fun to read about the team of goats aka bad news bears aka might ducks…. Thanks for sharing your collective memories with this outsider
A lot of these kids had I crazy rivalries on their normal teams. Sidelines were always too tense as the talent was spread out across about 8 teams and it was never guaranteed who might win on a given day. The 03/04 Goats team actually helped to break up the tension on the sidelines at tournaments because we became friends.

Back