GO3 Sign off - Best things I ever heard on the forums

Slowly but surely. Fortunately mine was on the younger side and still has 2 more years.
As long as Sombitch is around there is always a chance to see another version. Tech does your younger daughter's age group still get together?

As long as Sombitch is around there is always a chance to see another version. Tech does your younger daughter's age group still get together?
It's been quite a while since the 06s have made a run. When the girls reached the "platform" ages in earnest, i.e. DA / ECNL it really put a halt to any attempt to get the team together because of the clubs / coaches not allowing it in some cases.

One of the original goat parents from the age group where Som's older DD was in, also has an 06 and put together the squad. Last time they made a run was at Winter tournament years back. They also had their fair share of run ins with Blues teams for some reason...

Oh my, the gang is all coming back. Rey Rey is back and now we need crazy Ray and the hat....lol. Both Ray's love their Goats and who can't love that, right? Calling crazy Ray,, where at you brother? Rey Rey, you were wise to stay away bro. I took a different approach...lol or not lol for some. All of you dad's, and I mean all of you, I wish nothing but the best for your dds. I mean that 100%.

I'm running through all the pictures I have now, my favorite is the infamous "cool drink" on the coaches sideline!
Have any pics of the parents on the other side? My God, we pissed off so many parents. They were appalled at us and how dare us put together a team for fun. When girls have fun, they play better and they usually win as a team.

Calling crazy Ray,, where at you brother?
Ray and I chatted earlier this year / late last year via text. Prior to that we chatted a few times over the phone. He told me he still has the green straw hat and misses those simpler times.

He and I worked on a project together he was doing for his house a few years back, this was when I was with the planning / design group at a local "Utility" and he was looking to get some permits. I'm still at the company but in a different department now.

At one of the Goats FC tournaments our families stayed at the same hotel and I got to see the Ray behind the "Crazy Ray", he is such a sweetheart and always checked in with us during tough times and just to say hello randomly and brighten up our spirits.

My favorite Ray moments in no particular order:
- Ray taking Som some "refreshments" on the coaches sideline.
- Ray nearly giving the restaurant staff a heart attack when he went into the kitchen when we played at the Beach FC tournament!
- Ray's straw hat.
- Ray giving everyone sh*t and making even the most introvert person feel relaxed around him.
- Ray parking his big a$$ canopy midfield for every club game!

I was there when his DD hurt her knee the 2nd time during a DA game and I still remember his face and concern for her when she went down. I wrote an article on this site about her and the experience the first time around. I never thought this game would bring me in contact which such beautiful people, but I'm grateful for each and every one of you.

Have any pics of the parents on the other side? My God, we pissed off so many parents. They were appalled at us and how dare us put together a team for fun. When girls have fun, they play better and they usually win as a team.
I've never really looked through them to see the other sideline reaction but I'm sure I have some in there with the amount of pictures I take. That first tourney I remember one team in particular really hated on us, they didn't get it at all.

Ray and I chatted earlier this year / late last year via text. Prior to that we chatted a few times over the phone. He told me he still has the green straw hat and misses those simpler times.

He and I worked on a project together he was doing for his house a few years back, this was when I was with the planning / design group at a local "Utility" and he was looking to get some permits. I'm still at the company but in a different department now.

At one of the Goats FC tournaments our families stayed at the same hotel and I got to see the Ray behind the "Crazy Ray", he is such a sweetheart and always checked in with us during tough times and just to say hello randomly and brighten up our spirits.

- Ray nearly giving the restaurant staff a heart attack when he went into the kitchen when we played at the Beach FC tournament!
- Ray's straw hat.
- Ray giving everyone sh*t and making even the most introvert person feel relaxed around him.

I was there when his DD hurt her knee the 2nd time during a DA game and I still remember his face and concern for her when she went down. I wrote an article on this site about her and the experience the first time around. I never thought this game would bring me in contact which such beautiful people, but I'm grateful for each and every one of you.
Oh, I did not know about second knee injury. That hurts and tough all around. His dd is and was a true goat in all aspects. She had skills before I knew soccer players were supposed to have skills, if you know what I mean. Dude loves the game and played the game too and was way a head of his time. My wife and I got have dinner with him and let's just say he was very sweet.

I've never really looked through them to see the other sideline reaction but I'm sure I have some in there with the amount of pictures I take. That first tourney I remember one team in particular really hated on us, they didn't get it at all.
Tech, I remember my dd first invite to GOAT FC. "Hey bro, me and some of the dads get our goats together and form a team. No positions and just play for fun and the best part, no coaches." He said girls will figure it all out and make a team organically. I said sign me up. Sounds easy, right? Nope, now I had to get freaking permission for my dd to be allowed to be borrowed by the GOAT FC team for one lousy weekend out of 52. It was at this time I realized how some of these soccee families operate. BTW Tech, I told club doc what we were doing and he was cool. TM, I won't go there...lol. Then, I'm told to wear green and paint my face green. We show up and I get these gnarly mama bears sneering at me and my wife. One lady said, "Way to be classy sir. What's in the cup?

- Ray's straw hat.

I will add to your list…..

When he parked his 20ft scissor lift at the RSC fields so he could get a better video angle!

I miss him….we stayed in touch for a few years then time just took its course. I hope he and his family are well!

Tech, I remember my dd first invite to GOAT FC. "Hey bro, me and some of the dads get our goats together and form a team. No positions and just play for fun and the best part, no coaches." He said girls will figure it all out and make a team organically. I said sign me up. Sounds easy, right? Nope, now I had to get freaking permission for my dd to be allowed to be borrowed by the GOAT FC team for one lousy weekend out of 52. It was at this time I realized how some of these soccee families operate. BTW Tech, I told club doc what we were doing and he was cool. TM, I won't go there...lol. Then, I'm told to wear green and paint my face green. We show up and I get these gnarly mama bears sneering at me and my wife. One lady said, "Way to be classy sir. What's in the cup?
Our experience was definitely easier than that, our coach at the time was on the forums and knew of the original goats and really got the whole concept so it was an easy ask / answer, but that wasn't always the case when we moved to other clubs afterwards. It was this whole ordeal of explaining the whys / how's. I think @Sparky9 made it a lot easier by branching out and creating the farm system he did.

I will add to your list…..

When he parked his 20ft scissor lift at the RSC fields so he could get a better video angle!

I miss him….we stayed in touch for a few years then time just took its course. I hope he and his family are well!
Yes!!! He did end up buying a whole set-up with the pole extension that made it easier for those around him to watch the game too at some point.

Yes!!! He did end up buying a whole set-up with the pole extension that made it easier for those around him to watch the game too at some point.
I first met him when he was with the Eagles from Camarillo. He was the camera man and did live play by play, I kid you not. I have a copy that he sent me. They were undefeated like 23-0 and he said they were the true #1 team and they needed to head south for real competition...lol! They were in some other league if I recall and rumor had it they were #1. Our coaches got a scrimmage together and it was on. This was U9 btw Tech. His dd was one of the best CMs, hands down. Hackers were the only ones who could take her out, just saying. It was brutal back then and way too physical. The second time I met him on the field when my dd took a super bad fall at those horse/gopher fields off Ortega Hwy. Grass was two feet high and I think my dd went flying in the air after a super hard foul and landed on her neck, no joke. He came out and was amazingly helpful and to this day I super appreciate it. You either got him or you didnt.

I first met him when he was with the Eagles from Camarillo. He was the camera man and did live play by play, I kid you not. I have a copy that he sent me. They were undefeated like 23-0 and he said they were the true #1 team and they needed to head south for real competition...lol! They were in some other league if I recall and rumor had it they were #1. Our coaches got a scrimmage together and it was on. This was U9 btw Tech. His dd was one of the best CMs, hands down. Hackers were the only ones who could take her out, just saying. It was brutal back then and way too physical. The second time I met him on the field when my dd took a super bad fall at those horse/gopher fields off Ortega Hwy. Grass was two feet high and I think my dd went flying in the air after a super hard foul and landed on her neck, no joke. He came out and was amazingly helpful and to this day I super appreciate it. You either got him or you didnt.
His voice carries that's for sure! Would love to hear that play by play!

I agree his DD was the definition of a CM, she did all the little things and her fundamentals were so strong. At the time there were plenty of CMs who were flashy with the burst of speeds, but it didn't take much time watching her play to appreciate how easy she made it look. In hindsight if you look at the CMs that were on Goats FC, it's scary!

Wow! Time flies, seems like yesterday we had our girls playing together for Goats FC. Good luck to your Goat Kepeerpops in her next chapter in college. My DD has one more year of this crazy club soccer world. One of my favorite memories was when our girls kick a$$ playing in the boys Saturday league .

Sparky9 thanks for always inviting my DD to be part of the Candy Corns, Unicorns, and Honey Badgers. Those days were a blast! So many great families and people we have met throughout this journey!
DB04502D-10BA-4409-88C7-F122C8BD13C8.jpeg
How they roll against the boys #goodtimes

Back