GO3 Sign off - Best things I ever heard on the forums

@Sombitch The 09-11s are a lot more active as the girls / parents are really into it right now and the whole scene. Feel free to float any names my way if you have any concerns on the parents being good fits for Goats. I can only think of one person, and @LASTMAN14 can vouch for this that you want to steer away from, other than that the posters in general in those ages are really even keel and seem to be getting it!
Luis can be camera man...lol!!! Coach Ray would have been perfect for Luis. I know I was up tight at around this time. My phone was blowing up and I was confused about where to go. Remember, do you have ECNL or not? Horrible stuff to push on parents of 5th graders. I swear I had no idea it was about getting into college 7 years later. In all seriousness, Coach Ray really helped me out one night after a few plastic cups of our favorite drink. He was so nice and a gentle giant.

Goats teams in general had some unique games with the Blues. They hated us and would get more heated when we wouldn't hate them back, they couldn't fathom soccer being played for fun at any level.

That being said not all Blues parents are like that and we had some on Goats from Blues that got it, but the times the Goats teams squared off with Blues, they certainly let us know we weren't liked much.

@LASTMAN14 I remember AW from Slammers coming over and watching our game, 06s, versus Blues / RR and he was having a laugh at how bent out of shape Rob was getting.

AW was on the forums at that time and he got it too, he was one of the good ones at keeping it fun. Always supportive of my kids and had them come out and guest whenever they were free.
AW is one of the good guys for sure!!!!

The OG 00/01 goats did the same thing to the Baker Blues 01/02 team

They lost their mind . I saw Goats stickers strategically placed over the Blues stickers on their cars.

Goats teams in general had some unique games with the Blues. They hated us and would get more heated when we wouldn't hate them back, they couldn't fathom soccer being played for fun at any level.

That being said not all Blues parents are like that and we had some on Goats from Blues that got it, but the times the Goats teams squared off with Blues, they certainly let us know we weren't liked much.

@LASTMAN14 I remember AW from Slammers coming over and watching our game, 06s, versus Blues / RR and he was having a laugh at how bent out of shape Rob was getting.

AW was on the forums at that time and he got it too, he was one of the good ones at keeping it fun. Always supportive of my kids and had them come out and guest whenever they were free.

Sparky9 yeah it was a crazy time. A lot of good memories and it was all for fun. I am on round 2 with my 2009.
When you stirred the pot and took flak because you know all the behind the scenes bs that went on on told the truth too often. The 03 / 04 posters mostly copied your style as best we could. My goal was to get some to provoke someone enough to create a screen name Sparky9 Translator 2.0 but I never reached your notoriety. Is my team's uncashed check for Blues Cup still in the desk drawer? (No need to answer that)

Didn't someone from blues do something like Goats this year combining with surf players? My brother in law coaches my niece and they are a flight 2 level team that ran into a buzz saw team recently and got whacked 12+-1

Didn't someone from blues do something like Goats this year combining with surf players? My brother in law coaches my niece and they are a flight 2 level team that ran into a buzz saw team recently and got whacked 12+-1
Yes, there have been a couple younger “super teams” put together that have steamrolled over teams.

I do appreciate that @Sombitch was always aware of optics and tried to balance the reality that our Goat teams gelled well, but he didn’t want them embarrassing anyone and always looked to have the kids play up to make the games competitive.

As a result our girls were always in games, won some, lost some but always had fun.

I had the opportunity to sit on the bench for that Blues game, it was an OC Winter Classic tourney I think. RR was losing his mind and was pretty animated with his team while we were just laughing and told the girls "you guys figure it out." And they pretty much did. We had girls from Beach, Sand & Surf, LAG South Bay, Slammers, Legends, Arsenal, Eagles, SD Surf, a few others and not everyone was a flight 1 player at the time.

Yes, there have been a couple younger “super teams” put together that have steamrolled over teams.

I do appreciate that @Sombitch was always aware of optics and tried to balance the reality that our Goat teams gelled well, but he didn’t want them embarrassing anyone and always looked to have the kids play up to make the games competitive.

As a result our girls were always in games, won some, lost some but always had fun.

It looks like the guy doing it now with those younger teams is doing it more for ego and to demonstrate how "special" his daughter is. In today's climate, I don't see GOATS being duplicated taking in consideration, purpose and values. For a lot of us, this is an end of an era. For the people that follow, things (clubs) are becoming more regimented and controlled. The might end up sapping all the fun out of it for both the players and the parents.

It looks like the guy doing it now with those younger teams is doing it more for ego and to demonstrate how "special" his daughter is. In today's climate, I don't see GOATS being duplicated taking in consideration, purpose and values. For a lot of us, this is an end of an era. For the people that follow, things (clubs) are becoming more regimented and controlled. The might end up sapping all the fun out of it for both the players and the parents.
Disagree. I know the guy doing it now and his kid. And a few of the other parents.

I had the opportunity to sit on the bench for that Blues game, it was an OC Winter Classic tourney I think. RR was losing his mind and was pretty animated with his team while we were just laughing and told the girls "you guys figure it out." And they pretty much did. We had girls from Beach, Sand & Surf, LAG South Bay, Slammers, Legends, Arsenal, Eagles, SD Surf, a few others and not everyone was a flight 1 player at the time.
You know what, my dd played for the gr8t Gaffer and he never lost his mind one time during the two years she played for him. Granted, we never faced the GOATS, so I won't say he didn't go cray cray....lol! 17 time cal south state cup champ is still damn impressive. I did hear about Bakers going cray cray though I believe that for sure....lol. The key to recruiting the right parents and kids is not easy. I would seek PM advice from Tech and a few others. Get ideas and come up with a new GOAT FC Team. I will come watch for sure and compare. We were a true mix bag of crazy. I just had a drink with one of the dads. How ironic....TGIF!!!

Back