First High School game for my daughter tonight. Excited to see it. Interesting journey to get there.

I just took your advice and e-mailed the AD who has always been open with us and checked in with my oldest yesterday who was coming off a injury and just got back from a showcase. He has always been very open and a great communicator and we will be chatting in person.

Will have a conversation with him, main objective is a FYI for him as the biggest concern I see here is a ethics hypocrisy and lack of communication from the coach. The player contract clearly states guidelines that the players are following but the coach is not adhering to.

Both of my kids have played for hard coaches, but every single time they knew where they stood in regards to playing time, starting, what they did well, and what they needed to work on. I'll take that any day over "Passive Aggressive" nonsense.

Most of the time, 95%, the kids handle all this dirty work, but they also have a tendency to "suck it up" and that what got my youngest in the predicament she was in with her abusive club coach and her quitting the game. I guess sitting by the corner flag with my air pods and a book isn't buying me any points for being the easy parent who writes checks and never complains. I guess I'm due every 5 years for a talk with a coach.
Time for a Tech Talk? It's time brother. No more BS!!! I know you to be a very chill guy but at 6 4' or whatever you are, i wouldnt let that book fool a coach.

Gotta break out the noise makers for that one! The 100 is intense, cheer her on!
I will say she is the rabbit out of the gate for the longer leg girls who chase her down and always end up winning every freaking race. At first I thought she had a chance with some extra training but no way. It's bio science or something like that. Her timing on the gun and breakout is amazing her coach said and she is usually in the lead after 25 meters. Oh well, no 25 meter race so she is after her PB in the 100. She might do a relay later in the season, depending on her time. She wants the relay badly. Good luck with coach talk bro. I know you dont want to do it but sometimes you have to speak up.

Time for a Tech Talk? It's time brother. No more BS!!! I know you to be a very chill guy but at 6 4' or whatever you are, i wouldnt let that book fool a coach.
It’s been a good run the last few years, no headaches with the oldest and this weekend was continued progress on the recruiting front.

“Ready Player 2” was good on some fronts but felt ‘forced’ in other areas. I really liked “The Chain” a suspense thriller that highlights what people are capable of when their children are kidnapped and held for ransom. I got through that during a weekend in Arizona.

Wrapping up “Everything is F*cked” by Mark Manson, decent follow up to “The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck” but definitely not as good.

Both of my kids say their friends thought I was scary prior to meeting me and there’s not much I can do about that being a bigger fella with “that look”, outside of wearing a shirt that reads “I’m a nice guy...really I am!”

The best shirt that I currently have that does the trick is The Goats FC one because it’s recognizable and will diffuse tension and break the ice.

I will say she is the rabbit out of the gate for the longer leg girls who chase her down and always end up winning every freaking race. At first I thought she had a chance with some extra training but no way. It's bio science or something like that. Her timing on the gun and breakout is amazing her coach said and she is usually in the lead after 25 meters. Oh well, no 25 meter race so she is after her PB in the 100. She might do a relay later in the season, depending on her time. She wants the relay badly. Good luck with coach talk bro. I know you dont want to do it but sometimes you have to speak up.
I do recall my kids doing the 50m in grade school.

Your kid definitely has a shot in the 100m, just has to leverage that strength of coming off the blocks and building that lead. Best of luck to her!

It’s been a good run the last few years, no headaches with the oldest and this weekend was continued progress on the recruiting front.

“Ready Player 2” was good on some fronts but felt ‘forced’ in other areas. I really liked “The Chain” a suspense thriller that highlights what people are capable of when their children are kidnapped and held for ransom. I got through that during a weekend in Arizona.

Wrapping up “Everything is F*cked” by Mark Manson, decent follow up to “The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck” but definitely not as good.

Both of my kids say their friends thought I was scary prior to meeting me and there’s not much I can do about that being a bigger fella with “that look”, outside of wearing a shirt that reads “I’m a nice guy...really I am!”

The best shirt that I currently have that does the trick is The Goats FC one because it’s recognizable and will diffuse tension and break the ice.
My pal recommended "Everything is F*cked" but I told him he was wrong and good will win. Well, Mark is right and I was wrong. I tried so hard to be nice but we both know what happens to nice people.

I wonder what will happen with HS next year. Lot of DA kids played their first year of HS. From what I've seen, they are getting most of the playing time (deservedly so). I've also seen lots of injuries and several players missing games to fly to Florida or Vegas in the past 2 weeks. Several players playing nearly 6 games in a week (HS game thursday, tuesday, thursday. Club game on saturday with their main team. Fill in later that day for another team within the club. Same thing on Sunday).
And what about the freshman this year? (non-varsity). I think the experience of team camaraderie and identity at school is lost due to this weird covid year.
I wonder how many players will be back for HS next year.

My freshman is having more fun playing high school than any of the last 4 in club. Will definitely be back for next year.
I remember when my dd had that big decision to make, as a soon to be Freshman three years ago bro. Docs in both ears telling her how HSS sucks, horrible play, injuries and even more injuries and if you dare leave us, you will be labeled a club hopper. Oh boy, how times have not changed. Just needed a name, I will say it was so awesome for her that she came back for more each year and from what I hear, she will be back for her Sr year. It's called fun for a reason. I have a pal that has dd playing in a horrible league with horrible coaches and so HSS sucks for his kid. I played hoops in HS, not all programs had good coaches or programs. It doesnt mean HS Basketball sucks, now does it? If your kids program sucks, well then, it's the programs fault, not High School Soccer's fault.

Last edited:
I remember when my dd had that big decision to make, as a soon to be Freshman three years ago bro. Docs in both ears telling her how HSS sucks, horrible play, injuries and even more injuries and if you dare leave us, you will be labeled a club hopper. Oh boy, how times have not changed. Just needed a name, I will say it was so awesome for her that she came back for more each year and from what I hear, she will be back for her Sr year. It's called fun for a reason. I have a pal that has dd playing in a horrible league with horrible coaches and so HSS sucks for his kid. I played hoops in HS, not all programs had good coaches or programs. It doesnt mean HS Basketball sucks, now does it? If your kids program sucks, well then, it's the programs fault, not High School Soccer's fault.
Then why does your logic only apply to HS?

Then why does your logic only apply to HS?
That was quick. Look Kicker, HSS has been attacked for too long and I'm here to make a stand for public school kids. If HSS wasn;t so cool, then why did the rich dads get waivers for their dd and ds? Please share your insights and knowledge bro.

That was quick. Look Kicker, HSS has been attacked for too long and I'm here to make a stand for public school kids. If HSS wasn;t so cool, then why did the rich dads get waivers for their dd and ds? Please share your insights and knowledge bro.
Oddly, you missed my point. Strange, right?

You said just because a few HSS coaches aren’t good coaches it doesn’t mean all of HSS is bad. So why is that the case for other leagues but not HSS?

My DD’s are enjoying HSS. But apparently my oldest has a bounty in her as teams have begun targeting her (mainly after the play). Ref actually had to stop our last game to tell the other Coach to calm his girls and his fans down as they were calling kids out by name and number while insulting them in the field.

You said just because a few HSS coaches aren’t good coaches it doesn’t mean all of HSS is bad. So why is that the case for other leagues but not HSS?

My DD’s are enjoying HSS. But apparently my oldest has a bounty in her as teams have begun targeting her (mainly after the play). Ref actually had to stop our last game to tell the other Coach to calm his girls and his fans down as they were calling kids out by name and number while insulting them in the field.
I played High School Hoops ((HHH)) bro and I was targeted by the Call Brothers from Capo. Burt and Nathan did a full court press on me as a 5 5' sophomore trying to play varsity in the South Coast League bro. I got my ass handed to me and let's just say they targeted me for obvious reasons. Take the PG out and you win. Look, I'm not hear to give HSS coaches a free pass or a program that sucks a free pass at all. Trust me, I saw RT from UCLA get attacked in HHS. It was bad. My dd gets attacked to by opposing asshole coaches. It sucks but comes with the territory. Let's just all be happy the kids can play soccer without a mask, right?

Speaking of hs sports, did anybody she the dog that entered the relay and won the race down the stretch

My son trains with our dog and maybe some of his or the teams track records might have been helped by his training with our dog. In a sprint or short distances the dog can't be beat, long distance possible but those 4 legs do have a advantage.

Sadly this is the second time in one week that I have seen inappropriate player/parent behavior towards my daughters team. Yesterdays (club) opponent both from the field and the sideline were insulative. Our players were being addressed by the oppositions parents who were making comments directly at our players. Their players were also doing much the same. Unlike the game you mentioned (which I was also at) the referee did not control the game on the field or the sideline.

Last edited:
Sadly this is the second time in one week that I have seen inappropriate player/parent behavior towards my daughters team. Yesterdays (club) opponent both from the field and the sideline were insulative. Our players were being addressed by the oppositions parents who were making comments directly at our players. Their players were also doing much the same. Unlike the game you mentioned (which I was also at) the referee did not control the game on the field or the sideline.
HHS refs is a crap shoot bro. When RT was getting mugged by a handful of hackers, the refs did nothing to stop the dirty play and she did not come back for her Sr year. It was way too dangerous. The only way to play is possession and try and avoid collisions. My dd learned her Fr year to stay away from jump balls and girls.who are fast but can't stop and will take your knee out. If these refs would give yellow and then red, it would be safer. Problem is, most are way out of shape and can't run in time to make the call. I will say this year has been amazing.

Back