First High School game for my daughter tonight. Excited to see it. Interesting journey to get there.

Definitely one of the reasons why committed players don't play HSS their final years at school. Hoping to curb the chances of a serious injury right before college.
My oldest was clipped from behind and almost broke her ankle,
Tech, if you look at UCLA, USC, Duke and Sandford's players bio, all of them ((the super stars)) were Gatorade National HSS players of the year during Sr year. I only take issue with the blanket statements. I get you bro. Trust me when I say this. If your dd played with my dd team and her coach, she would have the time and the ride of her life. Trust me, she would have your dd back and no one would ever try and clip your kid ever again :)

The "targeting" is real. There are many jealous kids/parents out there that think these HS games are where they can prove themselves to be something they aren't. It can clearly be seen against kids who have had success at the club level and certainly where they are already committed. In back to back games my own kid was carted/walked off of the field. The first from a lower level club player at a rival high school - shot to the back that sent my kid flying over the keeper. Missed half of her next club game due to the injury lingering. The next HS game on the last play of the game against another rival cross town school she took a head butt to the back of her own head. Coincidence or not it was against a kid who had her spot taken by my kid a few years ago. This was three weeks ago. Missed two more club games and 5 straight HS games due to concussion symptoms. While it should be a very fun experience it hasn't worked out that way. There are certainly some great players and good HS coaches out there but plenty of others who have a much different agenda.
THIS is precisely why my DD doesn't play HS anymore. Not worth it. She had been targeted several times and been hurt a few missing games. Heard coaches telling the players to take her out. Stupid shit.

THIS is precisely why my DD doesn't play HS anymore. Not worth it. She had been targeted several times and been hurt a few missing games. Heard coaches telling the players to take her out. Stupid shit.
WTH is this about. This should be on the news and Jim Rome show. Coaches telling players to "target" and injure players. What school bro? If I heard a coach tell a player to take my kid out I would be on the phone with his AD and the school.

Hey Dubs, I have pics from my dd mugging and it wasn't HSS game. I wont mention name of team but my dd was "targeted." I have to agree with Canada on this one. It happens when pride is on the line in any soccer match. Sorry HSS was stupid shit for your dd and she quit playing. Sounds like a program problem to me. You need program builders at this stage in socal and not every kid is built for that kind of pressure. HSS has taken a huge hit the last three years, as did the ECNL. If GDA allowed equal opportunity for 90% of the other kids in our country, then everyone would be happy and GDA would be alive and well. Karma nailed them :( The problem with socal soccer the last three years is too many "elite" parents think their kid is elite and will pay to play to be told their elite, although the eye balls say something different. I'm not here to say my kid is elite at anything except going to HS and trying to navigate life. Question for those in the know. Does a 2022 female soccer player have to stress out to take SAT to player college ball? Thank you for any information that might be helpful as i navigate this mess. Lastly, to all my enemies and distractors, please stop with the hate mail and the threats. Your time in the sun is about to end.

Can’t say I see it in the upper levels on the Girls side.....but I’m sure it happens.
The top top teams with a roster of top top players ((many on scholarship)) can play keep away from the other teams to make safe. However, the bottom teams are just like some HSS teams trying to compete. ALL LEAGUES have some brute beasts out for revenge. I see it bro with some teams at all levels. Lets get real Kicker. "I'm sure it happens" is all you got?

Question for those in the know. Does a 2022 female soccer player have to stress out to take SAT to player college ball? Thank you for any information that might be helpful as i navigate this mess.
That one is tricky, might be best to take it regardless. Quite a few schools are doing away with for multiple reasons related to "testing" criteria and some due to COVID related reasons. In CA testing was impacted on several fronts. My DD incorporated column(s) into her excel tracker for college criteria to make sure she was not only meeting course criteria but testing as well.

Always safe to specifically research those target schools she's looking at. Sometimes a general rule applies to most schools, but you have some outliers.

Sorry to hear about the clip, but I love the Giant Keepers response!

Stay well!!!!
It was brief but fun experience to see her play in goal again, albeit the last time...again. The level that she was at after taking that much time off and not doing any extra training was insane. The instincts and foundational fundamentals she has had me in awe. Part of me wishes she would have stuck it out just to take the college offers she was getting at such an early age, but if you don't love it, you don't love it.

That one is tricky, might be best to take it regardless. Quite a few schools are doing away with for multiple reasons related to "testing" criteria and some due to COVID related reasons. In CA testing was impacted on several fronts. My DD incorporated column(s) into her excel tracker for college criteria to make sure she was not only meeting course criteria but testing as well.

Always safe to specifically research those target schools she's looking at. Sometimes a general rule applies to most schools, but you have some outliers.
Well bro, online school was not like school in the past. The pressure to learn online for those who learn better in person is 100% a disadvantage for many like my kid.

Well bro, online school was not like school in the past. The pressure to learn online for those who learn better in person is 100% a disadvantage for many like my kid.
Agree, a lot of kids were impacted. The little ones in particular lost an entire year and have been set back. Various institutions and trying to make it right but it’s a tough hand to be dealt.

Hey Dubs, I have pics from my dd mugging and it wasn't HSS game. I wont mention name of team but my dd was "targeted." I have to agree with Canada on this one. It happens when pride is on the line in any soccer match. Sorry HSS was stupid shit for your dd and she quit playing. Sounds like a program problem to me. You need program builders at this stage in socal and not every kid is built for that kind of pressure. HSS has taken a huge hit the last three years, as did the ECNL. If GDA allowed equal opportunity for 90% of the other kids in our country, then everyone would be happy and GDA would be alive and well. Karma nailed them :( The problem with socal soccer the last three years is too many "elite" parents think their kid is elite and will pay to play to be told their elite, although the eye balls say something different. I'm not here to say my kid is elite at anything except going to HS and trying to navigate life. Question for those in the know. Does a 2022 female soccer player have to stress out to take SAT to player college ball? Thank you for any information that might be helpful as i navigate this mess. Lastly, to all my enemies and distractors, please stop with the hate mail and the threats. Your time in the sun is about to end.
It does happen in Club, but not nearly as much as HS. That's just been my experience.

It does happen in Club, but not nearly as much as HS. That's just been my experience.
That is better response. It happens at the highest level of club and HSS and that is being honest and truthful. I appreciate honesty more than ever Dubs.

I need to share a story that happen at yesterday big hss league game. Anyone who knows the real crush knows how much I defend HSS and HS Sports in general. I also like to call balls & strikes honestly, even though I want to win the debate :) Can you imagine being an owner of a MLB team and also the head Ump behind the plate for every game?
So yesterday road game was supposed to be on the nice turf field. However, somehow track got scheduled at the same time and the girls were shipped over to "Gopher Stadium." No joke, they send the girls over to the back lot at the other school. I showed up right before tip off and I'm like, "wtf is this?" I seriously almost pulled my dd off the field but she was all in and it was too late :( She told me last night no way she would have not played but after what she went through, she would now not play in the game. That's how shitty the field was. I told my wife and a few others this is not looking good. To add insult to injury, the head ref was letting the ladies play rough and tough on a gopher field. He made zero calls first 25 minutes. HSS players sometimes do a clip or a dirty push from behind if they get beat. I played hoops and I played rough, especially when I was up against Goliath. Anyway, we were yelling at the ref to make a fucking call and he was walking around enjoying the day in the sun and getting in some exercise. The reason HSS sucks sometimes is because refs make NO CALLS!!!!! I said this once and I will never say it again. If you dont cut this shit out, no one will let their kid play HSS. Call the yellow and then the red and keep doing it until it stops. Holes everywhere I found out later and basically half grass and half hard dirt so ref should have said, "no game today. Visitors get the win and I get paid."

Guess what happen to my dd during the game @ Tech, Kicker and Dubs?

this.

for sure. certain clubs/coaches especially.

It's all about the coaches and the refs. They create the environment. Girls will follow their lead.
So name the clubs.

Coaches get away with targeting players because they benefit from the wins, and suffer no harm from any injuries they cause.

If everyone was aware of which clubs geberally play dirty by trying to “take out” a strong opposing player, many parents would avoid those teams.

I need to share a story that happen at yesterday big hss league game. Anyone who knows the real crush knows how much I defend HSS and HS Sports in general. I also like to call balls & strikes honestly, even though I want to win the debate :) Can you imagine being an owner of a MLB team and also the head Ump behind the plate for every game?
So yesterday road game was supposed to be on the nice turf field. However, somehow track got scheduled at the same time and the girls were shipped over to "Gopher Stadium." No joke, they send the girls over to the back lot at the other school. I showed up right before tip off and I'm like, "wtf is this?" I seriously almost pulled my dd off the field but she was all in and it was too late :( She told me last night no way she would have not played but after what she went through, she would now not play in the game. That's how shitty the field was. I told my wife and a few others this is not looking good. To add insult to injury, the head ref was letting the ladies play rough and tough on a gopher field. He made zero calls first 25 minutes. HSS players sometimes do a clip or a dirty push from behind if they get beat. I played hoops and I played rough, especially when I was up against Goliath. Anyway, we were yelling at the ref to make a fucking call and he was walking around enjoying the day in the sun and getting in some exercise. The reason HSS sucks sometimes is because refs make NO CALLS!!!!! I said this once and I will never say it again. If you dont cut this shit out, no one will let their kid play HSS. Call the yellow and then the red and keep doing it until it stops. Holes everywhere I found out later and basically half grass and half hard dirt so ref should have said, "no game today. Visitors get the win and I get paid."

Guess what happen to my dd during the game @ Tech, Kicker and Dubs?

Yeah that happens but just makes the kids stronger and more determined. Hopefully she didn't take too many hard knocks or any injuries

We're fortunate that schools have nice turf and stadium fields to play on and I'm not sure any of them still have grass pitches for varisity games.

Funny thing is in general hs facility, locker rooms & pitches are often better quality overall vs club ones. The two persons HS crew obviously don't do as thorough job as club 3 persons crews and calling offside from the other side of the field can be challenging on the eyesight. Overall the HS refs seems more on the elderly site and don't run as much.

Club refs can have there cards stuck in the pockets and can phone in or seem not interested in games also buts it's a tough job and somebody has to do it. My player makes it a point to thank the officials at the end of games even if he takes a beating or does'nt get some calls. When the game is over time to move on.

That said we used to have one rival school that would switch there home game to a adhoc grass pitch behind the turf stadium bleachers so they could have a slow plodding game, short corners, long grass, and uneven surface. Don't really change the outcome and it was ugly at times so eventually I think they got the message after a few years and play in the stadium now I would hope.

Yeah that happens but just makes the kids stronger and more determined. Hopefully she didn't take too many hard knocks or any injuries

We're fortunate that schools have nice turf and stadium fields to play on and I'm not sure any of them still have grass pitches for varisity games.

Funny thing is in general hs facility, locker rooms & pitches are often better quality overall vs club ones. The two persons HS crew obviously don't do as thorough job as club 3 persons crews and calling offside from the other side of the field can be challenging on the eyesight. Overall the HS refs seems more on the elderly site and don't run as much.

Club refs can have there cards stuck in the pockets and can phone in or seem not interested in games also buts it's a tough job and somebody has to do it. My player makes it a point to thank the officials at the end of games even if he takes a beating or does'nt get some calls. When the game is over time to move on.

That said we used to have one rival school that would switch there home game to a adhoc grass pitch behind the turf stadium bleachers so they could have a slow plodding game, short corners, long grass, and uneven surface. Don't really change the outcome and it was ugly at times so eventually I think they got the message after a few years and play in the stadium now I would hope.
I had something else written last night but decided to sleep on it. I'm glad I did bro.

All the players I know would prefer a good grass field over a turf field. Crappy grass fields are a different story.

All the players I know would prefer a good grass field over a turf field. Crappy grass fields are a different story.

Not my sons or daughters teams, they prefer the faster and more predictable pitches of the hs stadiums vs most HS grass pitch that are normally chewed up, not well maintained, and shared with the football, softball, or baseball teams.

Overuse and not enough maintenance, watering, etc so that's some of the reasons will turf has replaced grass at almost all HS stadiums in our area.

Well maintained grass pitches well those are good especially in the heat, Vegas, Dallas and some other place have nicer ones. HS in our area never did and they where replaced by turf pretty much.

Back