First High School game for my daughter tonight. Excited to see it. Interesting journey to get there.

socalkdg

PREMIER
First High School soccer game for my daughter tonight. Excited to see it. Interesting journey to get there.

My daughter is a sophomore, played Varsity Basketball her Freshman year. Planned to play soccer this year in the fall instead of basketball, but covid screwed everything up. Club soccer has been going well, keeper training has been great. Four of our girls go to the same school and they all chose to do track while continuing to play club soccer and have been getting ready for their first track meet. My daughter is running the 100 and 200.

Being a small school, all the sports programs have been impacted. Basketball, soccer and track only have a varsity program this year. Last week the soccer team got beat really badly. I mean really bad. The team only has 13 players, some of whom should be playing on a Frosh/Soph or JV team. They are trying their best, but are outmanned. The coach and AD approach our club coach (he helped out last year with the High School team) and ask if our girls are willing to just play in the soccer games while continuing with track. No need for practice. Play when they can. Double letter in both Track and Soccer. Track will have a modified practice during the week for the girls, and track meets and soccer games are on different days. The four girls talked with each other and decided it was all or nothing. So tonight they all play and start for the soccer team.

Excited but a bit worried. I don't care if we lose every game, I just pray for no injuries. Wish us luck.

First High School soccer game for my daughter tonight. Excited to see it. Interesting journey to get there.

My daughter is a sophomore, played Varsity Basketball her Freshman year. Planned to play soccer this year in the fall instead of basketball, but covid screwed everything up. Club soccer has been going well, keeper training has been great. Four of our girls go to the same school and they all chose to do track while continuing to play club soccer and have been getting ready for their first track meet. My daughter is running the 100 and 200.

Being a small school, all the sports programs have been impacted. Basketball, soccer and track only have a varsity program this year. Last week the soccer team got beat really badly. I mean really bad. The team only has 13 players, some of whom should be playing on a Frosh/Soph or JV team. They are trying their best, but are outmanned. The coach and AD approach our club coach (he helped out last year with the High School team) and ask if our girls are willing to just play in the soccer games while continuing with track. No need for practice. Play when they can. Double letter in both Track and Soccer. Track will have a modified practice during the week for the girls, and track meets and soccer games are on different days. The four girls talked with each other and decided it was all or nothing. So tonight they all play and start for the soccer team.

Excited but a bit worried. I don't care if we lose every game, I just pray for no injuries. Wish us luck.
My oldest got banged up last Thursday and will be out for the next 2 weeks from High School practice / games as a precaution and to focus on her showcase in Florida coming up. Initially the way she went down in pain, thought it was the knee but ended up being a sprained ankle that has healed well and all imaging came back negative for breaks and tears. Plenty of ice, meds, and stretching.

She has balanced and rotated days off as best she could but the HS play really is a wild card with the different levels of play / skill. Too often the great equalizer of muscle and foul play come into the picture and kids can get hurt.

Best of luck to your DD, it's definitely fun to watch them play.

Isn't this the best feeling to watch both of them playing together on the same team?
Unfortunately the game is at 3pm about 45 min from my office so sadly I won’t get the chance to mask in the moment. But it still feels good just knowing it’s gonna happen.

My oldest got banged up last Thursday and will be out for the next 2 weeks from High School practice / games as a precaution and to focus on her showcase in Florida coming up. Initially the way she went down in pain, thought it was the knee but ended up being a sprained ankle that has healed well and all imaging came back negative for breaks and tears. Plenty of ice, meds, and stretching.

She has balanced and rotated days off as best she could but the HS play really is a wild card with the different levels of play / skill. Too often the great equalizer of muscle and foul play come into the picture and kids can get hurt.

Best of luck to your DD, it's definitely fun to watch them play.
Sorry to hear that! Get well soon!!

Unfortunately the game is at 3pm about 45 min from my office so sadly I won’t get the chance to mask in the moment. But it still feels good just knowing it’s gonna happen.
I don't know if your school have it but around OC bunch of schools have games live and you can watch it on NFHS network.

Season starts for my son today. All season games have 4:00pm kick-off, all preseason was under the lights 6:30pm kick offs. I wish they were all later.

Back