First High School game for my daughter tonight. Excited to see it. Interesting journey to get there.

HHS refs is a crap shoot bro. When RT was getting mugged by a handful of hackers, the refs did nothing to stop the dirty play and she did not come back for her Sr year. It was way too dangerous. The only way to play is possession and try and avoid collisions. My dd learned her Fr year to stay away from jump balls and girls.who are fast but can't stop and will take your knee out. If these refs would give yellow and then red, it would be safer. Problem is, most are way out of shape and can't run in time to make the call. I will say this year has been amazing.
This was a unmarkable response. You deviated it to you and your daughter. Once again. Please stop. We don't care. And, it sounds like you made it up. Much like most of your responses.

This was a unmarkable response. You deviated it to you and your daughter. Once again. Please stop. We don't care. And, it sounds like you made it up. Much like most of your responses.
Three years ago I told you, Kicker and Espola that the GDA would be out of biz. I warned you that you were on your way to Jones Island on a boat to nowhere. Do you think I was making that up? Where is the GDA boat ride that served us all Kool aid of lies? You three mocked me and laughed me off like the crazy father you tried to make me out to be all because of HSS. Then you guys come on here to trash HSS. Its so obvious you guys are entangled in the business of soccer. I am crazy for my dd and that is true. I will not stop until they apologize.

My DD’s are enjoying HSS. But apparently my oldest has a bounty in her as teams have begun targeting her (mainly after the play). Ref actually had to stop our last game to tell the other Coach to calm his girls and his fans down as they were calling kids out by name and number while insulting them in the field.
While HSS can be "fun", the same factor that makes it so can also make it a nightmare. It's a mixed bag depending on school, coach, division, players, etc.

I've seen "targeting" and it typically happens to the same type of players. The ones with some name recognition and usually stems from the parents / coaches convincing their kid(s) to take those players "down a notch".

It really is a shame, and by far the worse aspect of HSS, the absolute mess that is introduced when the playing levels / environments are so random. I'm used to a quiet sideline nowadays as kids drive themselves to practices / games and the loud dad / mom on the sideline is now an exception, but it seems HSS is the place where the bad apple parents get together and ignite the fire. Yes, I know, it's not everywhere but IMO it's more prevalent than in the older age groups at club.

@Kicker4Life hope the kid stays healthy, and hopefully this serves as further experience for her to do her talking on the score board like she always does and take the high ground and not get sucked into the mud with those "enforcers".

While HSS can be "fun", the same factor that makes it so can also make it a nightmare. It's a mixed bag depending on school, coach, division, players, etc.

I've seen "targeting" and it typically happens to the same type of players. The ones with some name recognition and usually stems from the parents / coaches convincing their kid(s) to take those players "down a notch".

It really is a shame, and by far the worse aspect of HSS, the absolute mess that is introduced when the playing levels / environments are so random. I'm used to a quiet sideline nowadays as kids drive themselves to practices / games and the loud dad / mom on the sideline is now an exception, but it seems HSS is the place where the bad apple parents get together and ignite the fire. Yes, I know, it's not everywhere but IMO it's more prevalent than in the older age groups at club.

@Kicker4Life hope the kid stays healthy, and hopefully this serves as further experience for her to do her talking on the score board like she always does and take the high ground and not get sucked into the mud with those "enforcers".
Love you Tech and I can tell you not all HSS programs are healthy. Yes, dad and mom and all the students can be a little intense at times on a Friday night with lights. I went to a local Big West game last year and it was really loud and had many wild and crazy fans and some students saying horrible things about the other teams top player. I see assholes also at club sidelines bro, lets be fair and not say the bad apples are only at HHS games :) Targeting any player with hacking is 100% wrong and if the refs would have the guts to kick hackers out with a red, this could all be fixed. I personally think it's more about Club Coaches mocking HSS and then trying to convince the kid and the parent not to play. My wife always says, "this is not for the faint of heart."

Last edited:
I spoke to a good friend whose dd won a CIF crown a few years back. He said it was so hard for him to allow his dd the freedom of choice. He told her not to play HSS because of all the bad things he heard from Doc, coach and others and even tried to pay her not to play through bribes. His dd chose HSS over dads wishes and his money and he said it was the best decision she ever made. She was all CIF and won it all. Now she's looking to win it all in college. His dd was also YNT player and was a target all four years. Come on everyone, I played basketball and when we played a top D1 commit in a freaking game, we targeted him extra special. Target to me means, "keep an eye on the one who can score and dont let him score." I sure hope targeting doesnt mean to "take out" or "injure the player." That is bush league and needs to be kicked out of the sport.

Targeting is an interesting word. First off, if the opposing team is targeting your kid, that means your kid is a good player and needs to be watched. To be fair to HSS, I can name four Club Docs who targeted HSS and told me to my face that HSS is not allowed at our club because the GDA is 100% against HSS and too many bad apples in that arena and we all know bad apples dont fall far from tree. Why would one of these Docs give everyone on the team a full ride, free travel and allow HSS? No way and I get that. It's like AAU Travel ball telling all their players they can't play HS Hoops because were developing you into Elite basketball players and we own you all year around. And dont you dare think about playing other sports or have a girlfriend. Those dudes would tell Doc to stick it....lol!!! Oh, plus to be a part of our wonderful academy where everything is free, you better get over 4.0 and 1400 SAT and stay the hell out of trouble. Boys get to play and have fun but the girls can;t play HSS, must be perfect and play and practice 6 days a week.

Last edited:
I had a name someone used to call me. He called me Pokey. Old college roommate I had that had two girlfriends going on at the same time but they didnt know. For some reason, I prick peoples pride. I get under their skin for some reason. I actually had another guy I poked so much he finally said sorry and I forgave him. He later told me he couldn;t sleep at night because he could only hear my pokes at night that were full of the truth. I'm asking a few rich dads to apologize and they just cant. Oh well, good luck falling asleep tonight and tomorrow night and every night thereafter. A true hell if you know what I mean. Just say sorry and all will be forgiven :)

I found out DD was targeted once after scoring her second goal when the ref told me afterwards he had overheard the other team's defence saying something about taking out number ##. He told the other team that if anyone on DD's team got hurt, he would make sure the other team didn't play again for a good bit. Many here may know the ref, but I will let him stay anonymous. Stuff like this is definitely the worst part of HS soccer. I would say to the "targeters", retaliation can be harsh.

I found out DD was targeted once after scoring her second goal when the ref told me afterwards he had overheard the other team's defence saying something about taking out number ##. He told the other team that if anyone on DD's team got hurt, he would make sure the other team didn't play again for a good bit. Many here may know the ref, but I will let him stay anonymous. Stuff like this is definitely the worst part of HS soccer. I would say to the "targeters", retaliation can be harsh.
What is this all about? Where does this come from? When I played hoops, we had some bangers that would go in and get 5 fouls in 5 minutes on the opposing teams all star big man. "Taking out" anyone is bullshit and if a ref heard that, I would have went over to the coach and told him that the other team just won. I'm shocked but I'm not saying it didnt happen. My dd has been told some nasty things from opposing coach and players and 100% was targeted for scoring game winners. I also think some girls can just be mean. I met some mean girls in my life and their parents were the nicest people ever. Let's also not blame the player and the parents just because. It goes the other way too. Go soccer!!!

The "targeting" is real. There are many jealous kids/parents out there that think these HS games are where they can prove themselves to be something they aren't. It can clearly be seen against kids who have had success at the club level and certainly where they are already committed. In back to back games my own kid was carted/walked off of the field. The first from a lower level club player at a rival high school - shot to the back that sent my kid flying over the keeper. Missed half of her next club game due to the injury lingering. The next HS game on the last play of the game against another rival cross town school she took a head butt to the back of her own head. Coincidence or not it was against a kid who had her spot taken by my kid a few years ago. This was three weeks ago. Missed two more club games and 5 straight HS games due to concussion symptoms. While it should be a very fun experience it hasn't worked out that way. There are certainly some great players and good HS coaches out there but plenty of others who have a much different agenda.

The "targeting" is real. There are many jealous kids/parents out there that think these HS games are where they can prove themselves to be something they aren't. It can clearly be seen against kids who have had success at the club level and certainly where they are already committed. In back to back games my own kid was carted/walked off of the field. The first from a lower level club player at a rival high school - shot to the back that sent my kid flying over the keeper. Missed half of her next club game due to the injury lingering. The next HS game on the last play of the game against another rival cross town school she took a head butt to the back of her own head. Coincidence or not it was against a kid who had her spot taken by my kid a few years ago. This was three weeks ago. Missed two more club games and 5 straight HS games due to concussion symptoms. While it should be a very fun experience it hasn't worked out that way. There are certainly some great players and good HS coaches out there but plenty of others who have a much different agenda.
I wont lie. When I played against Long beach poly, i thought I was something and I found out in the first minute I was not that good. I decided to work hard at my game and looked for a rematch to see where I stood. Why involve the parents? I dont know what league your in but Sunset League, Trinty League, South Coast and many other great leagues are not targeting to injure. We have way more better players this year and I think some big and fast girls get jealous at the more skilled players. Some on here seem to think that the parents of these non club players sit in the car before the big match and tell the hacker to take out the star club player or star YNT player. When my kid makes big moves and the fans go, "ohhhhhhhhhh" the oppsoing girls dont like that. The fast and big ones will try and stop my dd. First, they try to take the ball away. After that doesnt work, they get more physical and knock her off the ball. Sometimes good and sometimes it can get ugly. If you knock my dd on her ass, you best be prepared for a little knock knock back and a few choice words to boot. This is not for the faint in heart. Outside, I watched some CSUF games and let me just say it was freaking physical and I saw some gnarly plays that would make HSS look like touch football :)

Outside, I watched some CSUF games and let me just say it was freaking physical and I saw some gnarly plays that would make HSS look like touch football :)
College is a whole different thing. It would be a good idea if they checked fingernails like the do in water polo.

College is a whole different thing. It would be a good idea if they checked fingernails like the do in water polo.
My dd has a few pals who are big time water polo players and they do some crazy ass shit under the water from what I'm told. My bro played at UCLA and he said some really gnarly things happen as well under the water in that sport. I won't repeat :) My best friend played football ((American football that is)) and was all world lineman and the crap they did under the pile was abusive and wrong he said but in the heat of the moment, you do dumb things. For some reason, when girls play elite soccer it has to be soft and nice and everything nice and not hard core to win the match at all cost. I think most hs girls soccer leagues probably suck and the coaches are the PE teacher and he thinks he can beat the other team. He's also the same dude who for the last three years was trying to convince YNT players and GDA players to come out for the team and he's told, "no, my club coach says it's too dangerous and the coaching sucks!!!" So everyone has a chip on their shoulder is my guess.

In terms of what I was referring to earlier, this is what I meant by targeting. A blatant attempt to hurt someone when they can't hang or compete with that player in what should be a combination of skill and hard nose playing.

Sorry to hear about the kid, gonna be an interesting next season making sure she's sharp and fit but also staying healthy on her way up north to show her stuff at the next level. Best of luck and hope to see you and the family sometime soon! Definitely one of the reasons why committed players don't play HSS their final years at school. Hoping to curb the chances of a serious injury right before college.

My oldest was clipped from behind and almost broke her ankle, my youngest was irate and got carded for defending her sister. Got right in the defenders face so she could see it coming and shoved the player to the ground. Since then, it's been a whirlwind and both girls called it a season with 3 games to go because the coaching staff wouldn't allow her to heal and penalized her for missing practice. Onwards and upwards back to club and throw in a little bit of track to mix things up.

Again, not everyone's experience and I've been to some good HSS games where the competition and effort is high and the game is just a tad cleaner than what my girls experienced this season.

Bounty play happens in club just as much if not more.

At least In HS there can be more ramifications, time off after yellows, red card accumulation 2x and suspended, five for a team is probation, etc. One of my son's friends D1 team was disqualified for the playoffs last year after their fifth red card of the season since they where on probation already and still are this year.

Club players can get yellow cards in every league game without much ramifications. Some like coast track infraction points and you can loose 1-2 points in the standings after certain thresholds. Other leagues don't bother.

Bounty play happens in club just as much if not more.

At least In HS there can be more ramifications, time off after yellows, red card accumulation 2x and suspended, five for a team is probation, etc. One of my son's friends D1 team was disqualified for the playoffs last year after their fifth red card of the season since they where on probation already and still are this year.

Club players can get yellow cards in every league game without much ramifications. Some like coast track infraction points and you can loose 1-2 points in the standings after certain thresholds. Other leagues don't bother.
Can’t say I see it in the upper levels on the Girls side.....but I’m sure it happens.

Back