ECNL vs. DA turf war has created a 'toxic environment'

So you admit you are a fool. You disregarded what the one club in SoCal that should be most trusted about the economics of this (Blues) so you could chase rainbows? You thought other people would pour tens of thousands of their own dollars and hundreds of hours of labor over the course of four years into your 13 year old daughter because she could juggle a soccer ball? Yes, you are a fool.

But it was free, so I got what I was asking for? Gee, thanks alot. I'll let my dd know she got what she paid for.

Yes, it was free for a year because you hitched your wagon to a dumb soccer club that could not sustain it. In the meantime, while your daughter was getting mediocre training and not a lot of college attention, the paying customers over at Blues were gaining on and surpassing your kid, and their coaches were having meaningful conversations on their behalf to Radcliffe and Cromwell.

I see where you’re coming from in regards to the youth clubs. Do you think professional clubs in Mexico and Europe have started women’s sides to loose money? Don’t corporations usually try to maximize profit? Aren’t Portland Thorns already seeing 7 figure profits?
Again, I think women’s soccer can be much bigger in the USA than men’s soccer. I have absolutely no desire to watch or attend an MLS game because there a several other superior options. But I do regularly watch and attend women’s professional soccer games.

Uh, Portland Thorns are not fully funding their GDA, which just proves my point. I’m glad you’re dropping maybe $50 a year for an NWSL season ticket package. Another $350 million and they’ll be right there with MLS.

Yes, it was free for a year because you hitched your wagon to a dumb soccer club that could not sustain it. In the meantime, while your daughter was getting mediocre training and not a lot of college attention, the paying customers over at Blues were gaining on and surpassing your kid, and their coaches were having meaningful conversations on their behalf to Radcliffe and Cromwell.

Uh, Portland Thorns are not fully funding their GDA, which just proves my point. I’m glad you’re dropping maybe $50 a year for an NWSL season ticket package. Another $350 million and they’ll be right there with MLS.
The dumb soccer club is #1 in DA country. So I guess we were both dumb. Yes, all the other blues players have passed my little baby by. I was such a fool to let her get passed up like that. Oh well, it's the end of the line for all of us......

Look, all of us are on lock down. Let's talk through all this GDA and ECNL and Pros and have great debates each day. Ground hog soccer day on the forum everyday. I know Kicker has other things to do in his house but will look to correct me when I speak out of line. I'm 53 but I feel old as hell. I'm ADHD and starting to feel isolated. I set up nerf hoops and that seems to be helping me. Life beat me down from 2016-2019. I think I aged 10 years. I was really cocky about this corona bug. I'm now at all home all day, every day. This video helps me stay home because I see these virus monster guys now. This is serious and I'm staying home.

I think a good place to start is by understanding the P&L for soccer clubs. If you are interested in the economics of various club soccer organizations, it's pretty easy to find detailed information via their annual 990 filings since they are non-profits. Register at Guidestar.com and start typing in the names of different clubs. Guess which club below fully funded their GDA program? It's 2017 so only a partial year as GDA started in Sept 2017. I've also attached 2018 for a prominent all girls club.

Club 1
Club 1.png

Club 2
Club2.png

2018 for another club

2019-330460429-112fff0d-9 pdf.png

I think a good place to start is by understanding the P&L for soccer clubs. If you are interested in the economics of various club soccer organizations, it's pretty easy to find detailed information via their annual 990 filings since they are non-profits. Register at Guidestar.com and start typing in the names of different clubs. Guess which club below fully funded their GDA program? It's 2017 so only a partial year as GDA started in Sept 2017. I've also attached 2018 for a prominent all girls club.

Club 1
View attachment 6730

Club 2
View attachment 6731

2018 for another club

View attachment 6732

"Guess which club"?

Those are public documents. There is no reason to have any fear in posting the sources of them.

Super Sunday Today
I'm hoping to have some good debates today about GDA vs ECNL and why three clubs ruined girls soccer in socal and the rest of the country and truly helped water down the girls soccer product. I think two of them felt justified in their actions because they think the 9 SW ECNL clubs had a monopoly and would't let the two big egos into the ECNL family. I don;t see a monopoly at all. I see jealousy and excuse making. Let's say I own AC company and I found some HOA communities who really wanted to contract my services in their 9 locations in the Southwest US. So I find me 8 other contractors who are known to be 5 star Yelpers. We kick ass and control 60% of all the HOA properties. However, other Electrical contractors don;t think it's fair and even say things like, "They have a monopoly." The fact is, ECNL is and was a private business who has something everyone wants (except me and @MacDre, we want Pro) a college deal. Beach & Legends lost their top players sometimes (some top goats stayed) like AS to Blues after she was a stud at Legends. Surf only saw a business opportunity and jumped at it and watered down Surf Cup in the process. Just look at what Surf Cup is today and you can see clearly what youth soccer is all about.

@MyDaughtersAKeeper Hello, anyone there? I re-read your intimidation threat PM again this morning. I had a vision in my dream last night about why someone would PM something like that and who would do such a thing. What club is this person with? Is his/her/both dd truly A Keeper? Do they know me personally or do they know others at the club that knew me? I need to confess to everyone that my answers to many of my "Hey, what's going on" in Socal Soccer get revealed to me in my sleep. I wake up and jump out of bed and race to my computer and look for new PMs. In July and August of last year, I was hated and laughed at. People laughed at me when I said the GDA will be no more. "Hahahahahah" they said. "Ignore the fool" Listen all you fathers out their with a teenage girl. When you treat the WNT as second and then treat the top 13 year olds like they did, it's easy to predict failure. Woman are on the rise and have a voice in America. Like I said before, my mother was adopted in 1919 three times until she was finally wanted at 2 years old. She in turn had four of her own and adopted or fostered 8 other little kids. That is what you call serving others. My wife is my Angel and my dd is my Angel girl. My son is just steady and chill and he and I are best pals. He comes home from SDSU bummed out. I talked with him about how you need to make the most of all this. He get's a delivery job and made $75 working 3 hours last night, all for shopping for others. He told me this is all working out like you said daddy. Little did he know I've been a little scared of this country and how it will respond to adversity and what will really happen. I live each day as if it's my last. At least with me you know where I stand.

Kicker 4 life: "Nahhh. Even in Quarantine I have more of a life than you."
EJ: Ok, that helps me understand you better. Where you from originally? That is not how locals from the South Bay talk. I see your Doc is from England so he's not a local either.

Super Sunday Today
I'm hoping to have some good debates today about GDA vs ECNL and why three clubs ruined girls soccer in socal and the rest of the country and truly helped water down the girls soccer product. I think two of them felt justified in their actions because they think the 9 SW ECNL clubs had a monopoly and would't let the two big egos into the ECNL family. I don;t see a monopoly at all. I see jealousy and excuse making. Let's say I own AC company and I found some HOA communities who really wanted to contract my services in their 9 locations in the Southwest US. So I find me 8 other contractors who are known to be 5 star Yelpers. We kick ass and control 60% of all the HOA properties. However, other Electrical contractors don;t think it's fair and even say things like, "They have a monopoly." The fact is, ECNL is and was a private business who has something everyone wants (except me and @MacDre, we want Pro) a college deal. Beach & Legends lost their top players sometimes (some top goats stayed) like AS to Blues after she was a stud at Legends. Surf only saw a business opportunity and jumped at it and watered down Surf Cup in the process. Just look at what Surf Cup is today and you can see clearly what youth soccer is all about.
To add insult to the ego to the example story, we also recruited their top techs and that pissed off the other non hoa contractors as well.

@EOTL: "So you admit you are a fool?
EJ: Yes, I admit I'm one damn fool.
EOTL: You disregarded what the one club in SoCal that should be most trusted about the economics of this (Blues) so you could chase rainbows?
EJ: No, but nice try. US Soccer changed the birth year in 2016-2017 season, remember? Her coach at the time Tad Bobak announced he would be taking the 03s, not 04s. Blues had Simone Jackson and a few other stud older 03 Goats. My goat was 4 11' at the time. Her Blues option was coach Dido and that was a 100% no for my goat or try and find playing time on a super super team that Tad was going to have. We lived in Temecula and basically we were free agents as were all the other top goat 04s. if you have time dude, you can see all the top players the year before played on one club and then the next year they were all (except one) on new GDA clubs.
EOTL: You thought other people would pour tens of thousands of their own dollars and hundreds of hours of labor over the course of four years into your 13 year old daughter because she could juggle a soccer ball?
EJ: No, you have your assumptions way off bro. This is what went down homie. I was told that Surf was the new way of how to play soccer and this GDA was going to spring board the girls to the pros. All goats from socal needed to be trained in possession soccer I was told. My dd was offered the first of what has become many scholarships that the GDA gave out to help the top goats make the YNT and go pro. I was told the thousands of dollors would come from the Federations scholarship fund and some from the club. My wife's sisters boy play Boys DA for FCGS. They get it all paid for every year. Not one year and be grateful and keep your mouth shut or else we will black ball your ass. No, it was understood it would be fully funded. Why would I think at the time the girls would be told to be grateful for the one year free ride?
EOTL: Yes, you are a fool
EJ: No eotl. you're clueless and have no idea what your talking about. I do because I was there talking with all the top Docs in 2016. I was interviewing them with my dd, no us looking for a freaking job. I see now what's wrong with most of you. You were obviously not in the talks that I had. Your information is weak and false and misleading to make me be a fool. I know who the fools are in this place :)

@EOTL , just so I super clear with you and @Dos Equis. In 2015 and 2016 and 2017, I never once called a Doc or owner of a club to look for a job for my goat. They called me looking for a job and all free too. I mean everything free. Does that make any sense to both of you? Have you ever had all the top Docs in socal call you to offer your dd everything for free so they can train for the YNT and the pros? Please share your recruiting process for your goat with all of us. Please, I'm dying to hear. @Kicker4Life got recruited by the Tad and the Gaffer too but it wasn;t his flavor. He likes other flavors and I know what kind flavor too :)

This forum completely sucks now. EJ has ruined it.
Timmy is back. What up dude? This forum is dead and full of panic. Let's stay alive everyone. EJ ruined the forum again? Make it better Timmy. Your takes are weak. I came here in July and it was weak sauce here. All about college and Unicorns and those chasing fairy tails and rainbow unicorns with flowers. No, this should all be about who the top goats are and help them challenge the other top goats for WNT and the pros. We are falling behind the other top countries. Wake up. DPL is not the answer on how to find the hidden talent in the weeds in America. The talent is hidden in the poorer communities and for those who hunger and thirst for true competition. This whole soccer sport is weak. Weak as in really weak because everyone thinks thier kid is all that when the fact is, only a few top top players. Map said it best :)

From the standpoint of, there’s not much of anything going on to discuss, it does suck. But, the comic relief of imagining someone sitting at the computer typing out a full conversation he’s having with himself, Sure helps the stay at home order. Go on with your bad self, EJ. The more you extol, the more you reveal. And the more the reveal, the funnier it becomes.

Back