ECNL vs. DA turf war has created a 'toxic environment'

Most of the top GDA clubs pitched me my dd pro, YNT and 100% paid for. Everything paid for :) Private trainer, nutritionist, all travel paid for, no team fees or any fees for that matter.

Was this the pitch being given to every parent? Or was your dd such a standout?

Was this the pitch being given to every parent? Or was your dd such a standout?
Well, I don;t know to be honest. I was told from legends that all top teams in each age group had to be fully funded by a year or two and had to have A and B coaches. Coach Boyd came out from ASU to run the whole Girls side. Surf and LAFC said all the players get the full ride. Pats, all funded. Maybe my little goat got something extra special just because. I have no problem telling evryone that we were going for the pro deal and ynt. Why not, her coach was the youngest US player to sing a pro contract. We werent talking college folks, we were being sold this new philosophy from Euro. Read the comments of the GDA leaders. Their not fans of the college game and want a pro pathway. The problem is not cash flow, the money is taken by all the hoarders just like the toilet Paper. Some folks want it all I guess :(

I told everyone here in early July that I was pissed because Maps told me that it;s all about college and not the pros like I was sold. So many of you made fun of me. Like I was a fool and dumb to believe the folks at the #1 GDA club in America and whose Doc was on the YNT staff and rand the SD TC and whose coach was on the MNT team as was captain and played pro at 15 years old. What don;t you understand. You think they were pitching us a college deal? Oh please..........Where is all the money going? My 13 year old was treated so poorly you guys. I really mean that. You should have empathy for her and what she had to endure. Mock me all you want boys. Hahahahahahahaha......bahhhhhahhahahahahahah. Time for folks to help those who are innocent and need a voice.

Most of the top GDA clubs pitched me my dd pro, YNT and 100% paid for. Everything paid for :) Private trainer, nutritionist, all travel paid for, no team fees or any fees for that matter. Blues was only about making player a better person and soccer player with hopes of a college deal. No free rides and told me upfront that they would go out of biz EOTL if the GDA forced them to make it free. So Tad did speak truth to me :)

So you admit you are a fool. You disregarded what the one club in SoCal that should be most trusted about the economics of this (Blues) so you could chase rainbows? You thought other people would pour tens of thousands of their own dollars and hundreds of hours of labor over the course of four years into your 13 year old daughter because she could juggle a soccer ball? Yes, you are a fool.

"The LA Galaxy and three more teams have been added to U.S. Soccer’s Girls’ Development Academy, bringing the total number of clubs to 74. The first season kicks off in the fall of 2017.
Albion SC (San Diego, Calif.), the San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, Calif.) and United Futbol Academy (Cumming, Ga.) have also been added to the new league, which will stage leagues at the U-14/15, U-16/17 and U-18/19 levels.

Great article in Oct 2016. It was all about MLS and NWSL and Mia. You can also see clearly what age groups were announced. GDA announced combo teams at first. Some clubs, like Surf, said no play ups allowed for a strong combo age team unless US Soccer said. They said so here from what I can read. I pulled my dd out of Surf around this time because my goat was lied to numerous times and we were told no chance to play up in the GDA unless Mark said so. I said, "But Mark, they announced a combo team for 03/04" and he, "oh." Two months later, the 04's miraculously got their own age band. It was about the pros!!!

So you admit you are a fool. You disregarded what the one club in SoCal that should be most trusted about the economics of this (Blues) so you could chase rainbows? You thought other people would pour tens of thousands of their own dollars and hundreds of hours of labor over the course of four years into your 13 year old daughter because she could juggle a soccer ball? Yes, you are a fool.
ok, I'm a fool. Plus, my dd sucks at juggling so were both fools.........

What it means to be a fool?
a silly or stupid person; a person who lacks judgment or sense. ... a person who has been tricked or deceived into appearing or acting silly or stupid: to make a fool of someone.

1585429092939.png

Is there someone out there that understands the money issue? Is there someone that can show me there’s no money in club soccer? Is there someone that can show me there’s no money in the MLS? Please.

I already explained the money issue to you. There is money to be made on the youth girls side so long as the girls pay market rates for the valuable services they are receiving. But if a club gives it away for long, it will soon be out of business.

No club (MLS or otherwise) is going to subsidize a money-losing proposition for long. Some clubs did it for a year because they stupidly thought the initial crushing financial losses would soon be made up by jacking up fees for their 8-13 year olds to subsidize the GDA players, and they would also add hundreds of more little kiddies with parents willing to pay above-market rates just because older kids in the club get to wear a USSF patch and someday their kid might too. But go figure, increasing fees for younger kids actually causes them to leave and compounds the financial problem. Then it got worse financially when clubs learned USSF had made the travel costs obscene. Some also thought joining GDA and affiliating with USSF would allow them to leapfrog clubs that were succeeding as a result of years of hard work and quality training. In the end, however, hard work and fiscal responsibility work, and fantasizing that vast sums of money will drop out of the sky does not.

What you really seem to be asking is how can you get a piece of the money that exists in girls soccer without doing anything to earn or deserve it. The answer is that you can’t. A 12 year old girl who can juggle a soccer ball has only negative value to clubs unless her parents pay a lot of money. You have two options: (1) do the work and receive the money; (2) receive the work and pay the money.

I already explained the money issue to you. There is money to be made on the youth girls side so long as the girls pay market rates for the valuable services they are receiving. But if a club gives it away for long, it will soon be out of business.

No club (MLS or otherwise) is going to subsidize a money-losing proposition for long. Some clubs did it for a year because they stupidly thought the initial crushing financial losses would soon be made up by jacking up fees for their 8-13 year olds to subsidize the GDA players, and they would also add hundreds of more little kiddies with parents willing to pay above-market rates just because older kids in the club get to wear a USSF patch and someday their kid might too. But go figure, increasing fees for younger kids actually causes them to leave and compounds the financial problem. Then it got worse financially when clubs learned USSF had made the travel costs obscene. Some also thought joining GDA and affiliating with USSF would allow them to leapfrog clubs that were succeeding as a result of years of hard work and quality training. In the end, however, hard work and fiscal responsibility work, and fantasizing that vast sums of money will drop out of the sky does not.

What you really seem to be asking is how can you get a piece of the money that exists in girls soccer without doing anything to earn or deserve it. The answer is that you can’t. A 12 year old girl who can juggle a soccer ball has only negative value to clubs unless her parents pay a lot of money. You have two options: (1) do the work and receive the money; (2) receive the work and pay the money.
I'm a little slow and very slow to read and one big fool. How come so many foolish little girls want to play soccer and the parents are so stupid to pay mad jack to play?

@EOTL can you at least give me a clue on the reasons you drop by here on the socal soccer forum? I'm getting some scary ass PMs again. Who are you? Fact? Luis? Be fair dude. At least with Kicker I know who I'm debating. Although I'm 100% opposite of him, I have respect for differing views on how competitive soccer should be played.

I never said parents who pay what it costs are fools. Those who expect to get it for free are fools. Because you are slow, I will boil this down to six words: You get what you pay for.
But it was free, so I got what I was asking for? Gee, thanks alot. I'll let my dd know she got what she paid for.

I think I may have found a video clip of Ellejustus interviewing with a USSDA club.

I think I may have found a video clip of Ellejustus interviewing with a USSDA club.

Plus, I was interviewing them, not me looking for a job. You need to get the facts straight dude. Wrong wrong with your perceptions. Someday, the girls will be treated fair and with respect. That's my job as dad. Respect my dd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and all the other girls.

I see where you’re coming from in regards to the youth clubs. Do you think professional clubs in Mexico and Europe have started women’s sides to loose money? Don’t corporations usually try to maximize profit? Aren’t Portland Thorns already seeing 7 figure profits?
Again, I think women’s soccer can be much bigger in the USA than men’s soccer. I have absolutely no desire to watch or attend an MLS game because there a several other superior options. But I do regularly watch and attend women’s professional soccer games.

Back