ECNL vs. DA turf war has created a 'toxic environment'

ECNL is a great model to help girls get into college and should be the option for 90% of the players. When my goat was 12, I wanted pro. However, just like Kicker said, I was told zero, zippo, nada funds available and the real action is college for 99% of us. After 4 years, it's obvious where all the dough is. Hopefully, those with all the money can share some of it with the top, top female players who want to represent our country and play professionally out of HS. Make a "Super Travel League" for all the top, top players around the country and make it a "free league" for the 10%. My dd would go the ECNL route and maybe pick up pros after college like Maps kid. ECNL league fits my kid way better. Get Trump to put some of that 6 Trillion aside for the ladies. WNT, YNT and Pros. Help the top top girls continue to be #1. MLS and NWSL can also help out some as well. This is for U15 and olders. GDA should just fold their tent and call it a day or join up and help run the "Super Travel League" for the super goats who want pro now.

ECNL is a great model to help girls get into college and should be the option for 90% of the players. When my goat was 12, I wanted pro. However, just like Kicker said, I was told zero, zippo, nada funds available and the real action is college for 99% of us. After 4 years, it's obvious where all the dough is. Hopefully, those with all the money can share some of it with the top, top female players who want to represent our country and play professionally out of HS. Make a "Super Travel League" for all the top, top players around the country and make it a "free league" for the 10%. My dd would go the ECNL route and maybe pick up pros after college like Maps kid. ECNL league fits my kid way better. Get Trump to put some of that 6 Trillion aside for the ladies. WNT, YNT and Pros. Help the top top girls continue to be #1. MLS and NWSL can also help out some as well. This is for U15 and olders. GDA should just fold their tent and call it a day or join up and help run the "Super Travel League" for the super goats who want pro now.
I think the money is there. A quick google search revealed that the MLS is charging 200-350 million for expansion team fees. If investors are willing to put down that type of bread to start a MLS team, money is no longer an issue in soccer. Someone is pissing in our face and telling us it’s raining!

MLS has the infrastructure and the money to do substantially more; why aren’t they?

Seeing his name mentioned in this thread is a reminder that I would not want my DD coached by Anson Dorrance, and neither should you......

Seeing his name mentioned in this thread is a reminder that I would not want my DD coached by Anson Dorrance, and neither should you......

It would appear it was resolved. Says a lot about UNC as well, given he acknowledged the behavior yet kept his job.

some not very flattering things said about him in this book too:

Who are the top voices in girls soccer? If you can;t get unified and join hands and bring soccer equality to everyone, leave the group please. We need a circle of commitment and transparency for all to see. We need this group of leaders to help lead with the PPA group and all the Cal Souths out there and the clubs. Starts at the top folks. Forgive and forget and let's start fresh for 2020-2021. How about this for an idea. Let everyone be Free Agents. Give the current club til April 30th to sign their current players for next year. After that, release all the non signed goats as FA and let them take some time to figure out best goat options for 2020-2021 season. Get the teams together in July and then have a massive local summer tournament for regulation for all the top leagues for the 2020-2021 season. I want to see GDA and ECNL play against each other throughout the year. GDA needs to stop with their nonsense that their league is better. Also, we need to let the winners of the local leagues get a chance to play the top dogs as well.
My Picks for this collective group
Paul Riley and Tad Bobak
Anson Dorrance & Paul Ratcliffe
Cindy Parlow
Christian Lavers
Mia Hamm, Hope, Mallory, Megan, Alex and maybe a few college and youth girl players to give their .02 cents as well. It's time to come together and join hands and make sure all the girls are treated equal and not treated like men. Give them their due respect due them by showing them a better way to play soccer & show them the money :)
OK, disregard AD from the list. You all get the point by now. The woman in this country and around the world have been treated as 2nd ever since Adam blamed Eve for his wrong doing. After that, it looks like Cain killed is bro Abel all because he was jealous or so the story goes :)

@MyDaughtersAKeeper Hey, can you please share with the group how you PM your concerns to me to my PM box that I didn;t know I had until I got a PM from you Aug 9th, 2019 about outing my dd and that you knew where I lived and what Ellejustus actually stood for and I would be wise to shut up? You spooked me dude but wtf, that's how some rich dads play life. I really want to talk with you in front of the whole socal soccer forum family bro. I don;t think what you did was kind and I took it as a spooky threat. Maybe you can elaborate what your PM actually was meant to be? I would appreciate a response. TY, Acacia's daddy :)

My dd and I were sold this dream big time @MacDre in 2016. I was sold, told and mislead that all the GDA clubs have to be fully funded. I got super pumped for the girls. Finally I said. Legends was offering full ride, LAFC had Magic and Mia and I was told full ride their too. Surf was full ride and selling all the GDA clubs had to be fully funded girls programs. Pats were fully funded. My question. What happen to fully funded for all the girl goats? Kicker says no free rides at Beach and most I talk to actually have to pay to play in the GDA. Boys DA is fully funded?

My dd and I were sold this dream big time @MacDre in 2016. I was sold, told and mislead that all the GDA clubs have to be fully funded. I got super pumped for the girls. Finally I said. Legends was offering full ride, LAFC had Magic and Mia and I was told full ride their too. Surf was full ride and selling all the GDA clubs had to be fully funded girls programs. Pats were fully funded. My question. What happen to fully funded for all the girl goats? Kicker says no free rides at Beach and most I talk to actually have to pay to play in the GDA. Boys DA is fully funded?
Some of the issues that have been raised are remarkably similar to a few white collar criminal conspiracy cases that I have seen. The next administration may not be as lenient on pursuing corporate criminals.

Some of the issues that have been raised are remarkably similar to a few white collar criminal conspiracy cases that I have seen. The next administration may not be as lenient on pursuing corporate criminals.
How bout this one. I got recruited back in 98' to a Dot.com start up for sales. I was known as a door knocker. Not afraid to be yelled at and told to leave. Remember those .com liars who took a lot suckers money? Anyway, I took the signing bonus deal, stock options and left my Yellow Page nest for greener pasture with this new company that looked good from the outside. Regional VP of Sales moved from Rhode Island and got a place in Newport and his side kick Robin came from PA and was his roommate. Both dudes played college soccer and the VP played in some weak pro league for one year in France. Anyway, Mark the VP was good looking and single and was a chick magnet. Drove a brand new leased Mercedes and had a new girl every week. His big deal package was $300,000 a year back in 98' plus millions in stock when company was bought. I was asked to sell something that really wasn;t ever going to be there. I tried for a month until I found out it was a scam. Anyway, Mark thought my wife was hot and let me know that too. One day in the boiler room, home boy over heard messa a talking to my buddy about how fun it was trying to get pregnant with my wife. Super clean and whole sum. Mark pulls me aside and says, "Hey dude, if you need me to help out getting the wife pregnant let me know." Well, I was already having issues with Mark because he lied to me about this sales opportunity and my old company was begging me to come back. The signing bonus was huge for me to come to the .com opportunity :) I told Mark, "you're a loser and don;t ever talk like that to me about my wife." Then I said, "I quit." He said, "You owe me $$$$$ from the signing bonus." I said, "Fat chance." "I also got my job back at the YP with a raise and a promotion to sales manager" Mark's HR lady sent me some judgement BS the next week. I took it to a lawyer and he and i had it out. Lawyer asked me what i wanted and i said, "apology from Mark and the fake .com company." He laughed at me. I told him, I'll handle this myself. I called the HR lady and explained to her in detail why i quit. HR lady said, I'm so sorry and will speak with Mark about this. Please have a very nice day and disregard my judgement threat letter."

Fully funding the girls was always an unsustainable money-losing proposition. Only fools thought youth girls soccer was a magical “If you build it they will come” industry. A club can develop the greatest U15 girls soccer team in world history, and all it means is the club will soon be bankrupt if those players aren’t paying $10k a year or more to cover the coaching, administration and GDA travel costs.

You will find mental peace in the process only after you accept a couple things. The first is that teenage girls with mad soccer skills provide negative value and are not worth having in a club unless they are paying the club money. The second is that the best, most successful and stable soccer clubs know they are not selling soccer development. They are selling college opportunity, and we should all know from the college admissions scandal that is an extremely valuable commodity. What you are buying is the value of an opportunity for your kid to attend Stanford over UCLA, UCLA over SDSU, or SDSU over community college. Why on earth would a good soccer club just give away that valuable commodity for free and, worse, pay coaches, American Airlines and Marriott more than half a million dollars a year for the “privilege” if coaching these little girls.

Do piano coaches teach their students for free and buy them pianos because the student is really good? Only dumb soccer people think that a 12 year old girl’s ability to juggle a soccer ball 1000 times provides monetary value to someone else. The reality is that your daughter is priceless only to you, which means you are the one willing to pay the costs associated with what she means to you.

Oh lord. A few clubs promised to make the first year free, and they did. Those clubs complied with their promises. No one promised GDA would be free forever (read your contract), and only fools believed clubs would be willing to lose a million dollars a year indefinitely just because your kid can juggle a soccer ball.

If your kid played for a club that funded the GDA the first season, be grateful to the club for receiving that tremendous gift instead of whining that now you need to pay the actual value of the services you are receiving.

Fully funding the girls was always an unsustainable money-losing proposition. Only fools thought youth girls soccer was a magical “If you build it they will come” industry. A club can develop the greatest U15 girls soccer team in world history, and all it means is the club will soon be bankrupt if those players aren’t paying $10k a year or more to cover the coaching, administration and GDA travel costs.

You will find mental peace in the process only after you accept a couple things. The first is that teenage girls with mad soccer skills provide negative value and are not worth having in a club unless they are paying the club money. The second is that the best, most successful and stable soccer clubs know they are not selling soccer development. They are selling college opportunity, and we should all know from the college admissions scandal that is an extremely valuable commodity. What you are buying is the value of an opportunity for your kid to attend Stanford over UCLA, UCLA over SDSU, or SDSU over community college. Why on earth would a good soccer club just give away that valuable commodity for free and, worse, pay coaches, American Airlines and Marriott more than half a million dollars a year for the “privilege” if coaching these little girls.

Do piano coaches teach their students for free and buy them pianos because the student is really good? Only dumb soccer people think that a 12 year old girl’s ability to juggle a soccer ball 1000 times provides monetary value to someone else. The reality is that your daughter is priceless only to you, which means you are the one willing to pay the costs associated with what she means to you.
It's too bad you think parents are the fools and the dumb ones. No End of the Line, it was the false and misleading clubs & coaches that lied in their advertising to parents of a dd with a dream. I won;t stand for being knocked down like that. It's your opinion, but opinion sucks rocks!!!

Oh lord. A few clubs promised to make the first year free, and they did. Those clubs complied with their promises. No one promised GDA would be free forever (read your contract), and only fools believed clubs would be willing to lose a million dollars a year indefinitely just because your kid can juggle a soccer ball.

If your kid played for a club that funded the GDA the first season, be grateful to the club for receiving that tremendous gift instead of whining that now you need to pay the actual value of the services you are receiving.
Fools???? Please, share what age your dd is playing. That will help me understand where u are coming from. Dang, I'm a fool, sucker, took the bait, dumb dumb I was. Ok, thanks for the kind words on a Saturday. I'm not grateful dude for the free one year tuition of the new philosophy? How about feeling trapped?????? What's your deal? I like that you speak your mind, but your mind is one sided. What about the young girls? My dd met personally with every top Doc in Socal not named Beach or Albion and Carlsbad SC. Some, not all fooled her and lied to her. So she is the dumb one? Wow!!!!

Fools???? Please, share what age your dd is playing. That will help me understand where u are coming from. Dang, I'm a fool, sucker, took the bait, dumb dumb I was. Ok, thanks for the kind words on a Saturday. I'm not grateful dude for the free one year tuition of the new philosophy? How about feeling trapped?????? What's your deal? I like that you speak your mind, but your mind is one sided. What about the young girls? My dd met personally with every top Doc in Socal not named Beach or Albion and Carlsbad SC. Some, not all fooled her and lied to her. So she is the dumb one? Wow!!!!
and btw, I spoke to Tad and Surf at the same time 4 years ago. Tad told me Blues was mandated to find their own fields, Coaches that the GDA approved of and yes, you need to fully fund your GDA teams by a certain time. My dd, my wife and I sat down with JH and he said the same thing. WC at LAFC said the same thing. They were told by the higher ups at the Federation that they have to treat the GDA as the same as the boys. Boys teams are fully funded and the girls must be fully funded. That is the truth dude. 100%. I'm the fool? @MacDre is dumb? How about some of these coaches, doc and clubs take some responsibilities for their false and misleading marketing tactics?

It's too bad you think parents are the fools and the dumb ones. No End of the Line, it was the false and misleading clubs & coaches that lied in their advertising to parents of a dd with a dream. I won;t stand for being knocked down like that. It's your opinion, but opinion sucks rocks!!!
How many Coaches told you GDA was going to be Fully Funded for ally the girls? Did the Gaffer tell you that? How about TB?

I’m not a prosecutor or whistleblower. I’m just saying something is shady from top to bottom and I’ve worked with white collar defendants who were getting worked by a pissed off federal prosecutor for less than what I see going on in the youth to professional soccer landscape.
Maybe there’s a valid explanation for why things are the way they are currently. All I’ve heard is that there isn’t any money and I don’t believe that to be true.
So why can MLS invest in boys academies and not girls? Who watches the MLS?

It seems to me the women would be a more worthwhile investment for soccer in the USA. Do we have any domestic stars in the MLS?

We do have several women that are known worldwide though.

Most of the top GDA clubs pitched me my dd pro, YNT and 100% paid for. Everything paid for :) Private trainer, nutritionist, all travel paid for, no team fees or any fees for that matter. Blues was only about making player a better person and soccer player with hopes of a college deal. No free rides and told me upfront that they would go out of biz EOTL if the GDA forced them to make it free. So Tad did speak truth to me :)

Back