ECNL vs. DA turf war has created a 'toxic environment'

Super Dave Slam Dunk Training. He helped develop Americas finest dunkers back in the 80s.

Motivated Monday or Monday Blues?

I am super motivated to make this day a special day. No Monday Blues for this dad of two. I'm working on my letter to Cindy and the new leadership team over at USSF headquarters. I think I might get my questions answered finally.

The Girls Youth Soccer War of 2016

The battle for Socal: GDA/No HS Soccer vs ECNL and HS Soccer

Dear Cindy Parlow Cone, my name is Bill. I'm the proud papa of a 16 year old girl student athlete/soccer player. The last four years of soccer has left this dad scratching his head and trying to get his questions answered. I'm asking for some help Cindy to see if you would be willing to find my answers. I have also decided to keep my questions to only 5 important ones, although I have way more than that. My questions are from me and a group of Southern California Parents who have been bamboozled by a few bad actors................to be continued with the help of my dear forum friends.
What does being bamboozled mean?
verb (used with object), bam·boo·zled, bam·boo·zling. to deceive or get the better of (someone) by trickery, flattery, or the like; humbug; hoodwink (often followed by into): They bamboozled us into joining the club. to perplex; mystify; confound.

Before I finish my letter, I will encourage all of you on the forum to PM me your own questions you have and I will see which 5 are the most popular. I know from a few of you which two are the top ones. I hope to get this out to her by Friday of this week. BTW, life is going to get better and we will all come back better and do better in a new America and improved new world, right? A world where the girls will be treated with respect and honor? The old world order has treated the female very bad and I don;t think God likes that imho and neither do I. The new world order is where the female will be equal to the male. I know one mom that gave her traveling husband divorce papers last week. She finally did it, she finally found the strength to get out of the abuse and being treated like a house slave. This guy acted like he was the King!!! I did a lot of traveling back in the day and there's nothing wrong with that. This situation was dark and I'll just leave it at that. Free the woman and let them shine!!!!!

A piece of advance if you write your letter. Keep it simple and to the point. If you ramble on and on and meander and rant through all the topics in your life like you do on this forum she won’t even read it
ok, thanks soccer professor :) I like a lot about you 43 and what you stand for. I ramble to get attention and I have the attention I've been waiting for.

I haven’t paid for anything but maybe that’s why my kid juggles like Dembele:
HOWEVER, she can do a helluva Rondo and I think rondo’s are much more important and game like than juggling. I’ve yet to see a pro juggle doing a game but I see rondo’s, triangles, diamonds etc. all the time by top players on top teams.
@MacDre the big knock on my goat was she wouln;t home school and juggle against a wall and juggle by hersself through lifeless cone heads and never talk with boys or even think about a boyfriend. This whole juggling act is freaking over. I have yet to see a pro go coast to coast juggling their way to a goal. What a joke all this is. All dog food!!! I'm like Rodney without the coke!!!
I have seen players that can juggle well but are not that good. But I have never seen a really good soccer player not be able to juggle well. The best players have the ball at their feet all of the time and everything looks natural/effortless (including juggling).

I have seen players that can juggle well but are not that good. But I have never seen a really good soccer player not be able to juggle well. The best players have the ball at their feet all of the time and everything looks natural/effortless (including juggling).
The best average "best player" in these watered down leagues are ball hogs. That's why they keep the ball and look good at doing it. Look with your eyes and see. The defense in today's youth socal leagues is weak at best. Most of the top players have to play CM so they can look good juggling the ball and doing their tricks. However, when Dunn or #5 from UCLA puts on the heat, those little tricks go out the window and what you thought were stupid cones were actually Dunn. Juggling is easy if that's all you do in the back yard by yourself. I made my dd get to 200 for $100 to just prove my case. She did it when she was 13 :) I agree top top players should be able to do it all. My dd is not top top, just top right now. However, the good news is if she takes juggling a little more serious then surfing, she has a a chance to be top top I think.

I’m sure my player could juggle well if that was our emphasis. I see juggling as “drill and kill” and my goal has always been for my kid to have way more fun than any other kid.
My kid spends tons of time with the ball she just doesn’t practice juggling. I think the goal is to be comfortable with the ball in a game like situation and I am not sure if juggling accomplishes that.
I’ve seen several “freestylers” that were horrible soccer players because they couldn’t handle the pressure.

Who cares if you can juggle, if you can’t Rondo. If you can Rondo, I promise you juggling does NOT matter.

A distinction should be made between juggling, and the ability to comfortably control/receive the ball at your feet, move with the ball, and possess a good first touch. The former can be incorrectly interpreted as freestyle juggling that bears little resemblance to movement or conditions that would be encountered/required in any soccer competition. World class players generally possess a great touch, and focus on that.

Motivated Monday or Monday Blues?

I am super motivated to make this day a special day. No Monday Blues for this dad of two. I'm working on my letter to Cindy and the new leadership team over at USSF headquarters. I think I might get my questions answered finally.

The Girls Youth Soccer War of 2016

The battle for Socal: GDA/No HS Soccer vs ECNL and HS Soccer

Dear Cindy Parlow Cone, my name is Bill. I'm the proud papa of a 16 year old girl student athlete/soccer player. The last four years of soccer has left this dad scratching his head and trying to get his questions answered. I'm asking for some help Cindy to see if you would be willing to find my answers. I have also decided to keep my questions to only 5 important ones, although I have way more than that. My questions are from me and a group of Southern California Parents who have been bamboozled by a few bad actors................to be continued with the help of my dear forum friends.
What does being bamboozled mean?
verb (used with object), bam·boo·zled, bam·boo·zling. to deceive or get the better of (someone) by trickery, flattery, or the like; humbug; hoodwink (often followed by into): They bamboozled us into joining the club. to perplex; mystify; confound.

Before I finish my letter, I will encourage all of you on the forum to PM me your own questions you have and I will see which 5 are the most popular. I know from a few of you which two are the top ones. I hope to get this out to her by Friday of this week. BTW, life is going to get better and we will all come back better and do better in a new America and improved new world, right? A world where the girls will be treated with respect and honor? The old world order has treated the female very bad and I don;t think God likes that imho and neither do I. The new world order is where the female will be equal to the male. I know one mom that gave her traveling husband divorce papers last week. She finally did it, she finally found the strength to get out of the abuse and being treated like a house slave. This guy acted like he was the King!!! I did a lot of traveling back in the day and there's nothing wrong with that. This situation was dark and I'll just leave it at that. Free the woman and let them shine!!!!!

I think you are better off writing something to Cal-South (Johnnie Garza) and try to get changes made on a local level. I'd start with tryouts, state/national cup, club tournaments, referees and sideline behavior.

I think you are better off writing something to Cal-South (Johnnie Garza) and try to get changes made on a local level. I'd start with tryouts, state/national cup, club tournaments, referees and sideline behavior.
I'm one to go for the top of the pyramid first. Cal South are the victims too imho. I'll chat with them later. I do love your question on tryouts and sideline behavior though.

A distinction should be made between juggling, and the ability to comfortably control/receive the ball at your feet, move with the ball, and possess a good first touch. The former can be incorrectly interpreted as freestyle juggling that bears little resemblance to movement or conditions that would be encountered/required in any soccer competition. World class players generally possess a great touch, and focus on that.
Collecting and possessing the ball is #1 and if you can;t do that, your bye bye for top top considerations. I love that. Now, who has someone like a Dunn coming at you from all angles all day, everyday at practice? How about someone like #5 at UCLA? I'm talking about at practice and in these weak league games? No one is because their aren;t that many top top players. The last four years took the top players and spread them all around the country with division and war like talk from the adult men running the two leagues. Weak sauce of competition is what we gots. It's the truth.

1585588515199.png

Let's not all forget this question and answer.

Q. Why was the GDA created in the first place?

A. To develop world class players (top top players) to play for WNT & Pro. Not for college. Read what the leaders at the time had to say about college ball and the barf that is played there. It's rugby at many of these schools and you all know it. Map don;t lie. My eyes don;t lie. I watched with my own eyes. Talk about Kickball, please. It's one big kickball league because that's what one's do when they can;t play the game right. They get physical and kick the ball the hell away from the top top players. That's why the top top need something else quickly.....

The best average "best player" in these watered down leagues are ball hogs. That's why they keep the ball and look good at doing it. Look with your eyes and see. The defense in today's youth socal leagues is weak at best. Most of the top players have to play CM so they can look good juggling the ball and doing their tricks. However, when Dunn or #5 from UCLA puts on the heat, those little tricks go out the window and what you thought were stupid cones were actually Dunn. Juggling is easy if that's all you do in the back yard by yourself. I made my dd get to 200 for $100 to just prove my case. She did it when she was 13 :) I agree top top players should be able to do it all. My dd is not top top, just top right now. However, the good news is if she takes juggling a little more serious then surfing, she has a a chance to be top top I think.

Did you just say "I made my dd get to 200 for $100 to just prove my case. She did it when she was 13?" That's a red flag and alarming. Did you ever think she's just doing it for $100 and not because she wants to juggled?

Did you just say "I made my dd get to 200 for $100 to just prove my case. She did it when she was 13?" That's a red flag and alarming. Did you ever think she's just doing it for $100 and not because she wants to juggled?
She absolutely did it only for the $100. That's my point. Carli Loyd has a cool stay at home video she just put out. She gets paid big bucks to juggle all day.

Let's not all forget this question and answer.

Q. Why was the GDA created in the first place?

A. To develop world class players (top top players) to play for WNT & Pro. Not for college. Read what the leaders at the time had to say about college ball and the barf that is played there. It's rugby at many of these schools and you all know it. Map don;t lie. My eyes don;t lie. I watched with my own eyes. Talk about Kickball, please. It's one big kickball league because that's what one's do when they can;t play the game right. They get physical and kick the ball the hell away from the top top players. That's why the top top need something else quickly.....
That part!

Back