ECNL Expansion In Socal SW Division

In case you are not aware, Duggan will never get ECNL. Applied every year before DA, has applied every year after DA. Fire Duggan, change the name to something that reflects Carlsbad (Carlsbad is a village not a city ), bring back the young coaches like AW and BG that developed the older girls at the club, and maybe you have a chance at ECNL. Then you might get the dozens of carlsbad girls at Surf, Blues, and Koge back to play in carlsbad.

the bigger roadblock is probably getting Surf, Blues , and Koge to agree

In case you are not aware, Duggan will never get ECNL. Applied every year before DA, has applied every year after DA. Fire Duggan, change the name to something that reflects Carlsbad (Carlsbad is a village not a city ), bring back the young coaches like AW and BG that developed the older girls at the club, and maybe you have a chance at ECNL. Then you might get the dozens of carlsbad girls at Surf, Blues, and Koge back to play in carlsbad.
So... Shannon Mac is allowed to lose by 6+ goals across all age groups + play ECNL.

But, Duggan who wins more than he loses is not alowed to play ECNL.

Seems like an odd choice + not something that's in the kids best interest.

So... Shannon Mac is allowed to lose by 6+ goals across all age groups + play ECNL.

You know full well that Sharks (and probably Rebels) gained ECNL solely because of the shift in power to GDA during those years and the ECNL vaccum it created in San Diego. Duggan was perfectly happy not applying to ECNL when his teams were competing in the DA.

In the end I'm still not sure what's more difficult, gaining ECNL inclusion or getting booted out.

It’s a process that is no longer dictated by SoCal Clubs.
I'm not sure I agree. If Pats gets in next year, I am going to feel pretty strongly that it is mostly just dictated by who the existing ECNL clubs want to allow in.

I'm not sure I agree. If Pats gets in next year, I am going to feel pretty strongly that it is mostly just dictated by who the existing ECNL clubs want to allow in.

How does letting Pats in help any existing ECNL members?

I don’t think I understand the angle.

Anyone can win in GA even despite pulling the Duggan anchor around. Get rid of him and you might have a top ten club n the nation, get into the top 4 of SoCal with Surf, Blues, and Koge. Atleast 4 Carlsbad kids per age group at those three clubs, some age groups >10.

How does letting Pats in help any existing ECNL members?

I don’t think I understand the angle.
If Pats get in it is because ECNL forces it (they have boys ECNL). There is no way the So Cal teams want another ECNL club, most especially the Orange County teams. Nevada should have a second team, if one is added (for travel purposes). But, Heat wants the monopoly on Nevada kids and their director leads the SW conference.

DA changed the process. OC clubs said that Beach and Legends would take years. I recall them telling me. That didn’t happen.
After the DA unfortunate debacle, the Slammer coaches expected these clubs to remain out of ECNL for a number of years. So somebody else got to decide the admission (at least that time).

If Pats get in it is because ECNL forces it (they have boys ECNL). There is no way the So Cal teams want another ECNL club, most especially the Orange County teams. Nevada should have a second team, if one is added (for travel purposes). But, Heat wants the monopoly on Nevada kids and their director leads the SW conference.
That’s kinda my point. Why would the SoCal Clubs want Pat’s in?

Anyone can win in GA even despite pulling the Duggan anchor around. Get rid of him and you might have a top ten club n the nation, get into the top 4 of SoCal with Surf, Blues, and Koge. Atleast 4 Carlsbad kids per age group at those three clubs, some age groups >10.
I agree with you.

I'm only highlighting the big secret that everyone knows but nobody wants to talk about.

The Carlsbad area produces a lot of top talent + could easily field competitive ECNL teams.

I agree with you.

I'm only highlighting the big secret that everyone knows but nobody wants to talk about.

The Carlsbad area produces a lot of top talent + could easily field competitive ECNL teams.
I agree 100%. Carlsbad City produces some really good talent. I heard that their was bad blood with three clubs in socal before the GDA. ECNL blocked three top clubs so they went all in with the fully funded GDA. Slammers changed their mind at the last minute and got two teams from ECNL for that decision. These men never ever thought about how hard this would be for the girls and their families. They changed the age calendar to boot and added so much confusion in the leagues, there all watered down and the mental abuse came with it.

Aren't the Sharks turning it around?

are any of the youngers moving over to Surf to follow , sorry the name escapes me
Rumor is that with AW at Surf all the youngers are choosing to play Surf A B and C teams over Sharks A teams.

Amazing to hear that anyone would choose a Surf B/C team over XYZ club A team.

Hopefully AW can change the culture at Surf regarding B/C teams. (I think he will) Bringing up from within is logical + more players ='s more $$$.

Back