ECNL Expansion In Socal SW Division

Royal26

BRONZE
Any thoughts if anything will happen? I believe it was around this time last year Beach and Legends got in. Thanks

Nope.

Beach and Legends served their 1 year penalty in ECRL for not supporting the switch from DA back to ECNL.
Unless your SCDSL coach is telling your team they are moving to ECNL..believe that for sure!

They may need to put up some better results. Only team at or near the top of RL is their 18/19’s.
I don't think they believe results this year will be a criteria. They are the only SW RCNL team without ECNL and it evens out the number of teams in ECNL. They didn't hire Dodge to build an ECRL program...they hired him because of is ties to ECNL leadership from his time with Blues.

I don't think they believe results this year will be a criteria. They are the only SW RCNL team without ECNL and it evens out the number of teams in ECNL. They didn't hire Dodge to build an ECRL program...they hired him because of is ties to ECNL leadership from his time with Blues.
So you think they (ECNL) changed their standards? Beach and Legends just didn’t have to play a year and they were in, they had to perform.
I’m not rooting against Pat’s, just curious as to ECNL’s motivation to let in another OC club (Slammers, Koge, Blues, Strikers) that isn’t able to compete with many of these Clubs 2nd Teams.
As we’ve seen with DMSC a DOC with “ties” to ECNL doesn’t always help the competitive nature of the League.

Pats getting in does not make sense since you already have two Slammers teams, Blues and Strikers all on top of each other in that area. ECNL should look at LA Surf or somebody in the SGV/east SFV area where there is a void.

Exactly! Another ECNL club at Great park would be just silly (which means it's probably going to happen). The area mentioned above, as well as North OC should be better served on that front...

ECNL needs to incorporate relegation before I even think of bringing Pats in. We played that Pats team and while they are so-so, they could not compete at the mid-top ECNL level but they are probably better than the bottom ECNL team at that age group. Hence, why I mention relegation.

Hearing rumors about the Pateadores too, but we will see. Last year, I heard of them being mentioned with West Coast (in addition to Beach and Legends of course).

So you think they (ECNL) changed their standards? Beach and Legends just didn’t have to play a year and they were in, they had to perform.
I’m not rooting against Pat’s, just curious as to ECNL’s motivation to let in another OC club (Slammers, Koge, Blues, Strikers) that isn’t able to compete with many of these Clubs 2nd Teams.
As we’ve seen with DMSC a DOC with “ties” to ECNL doesn’t always help the competitive nature of the League.
I am not sure that Beach and Legends performing last year was a determining factor. They certainly did perform, but who is to say they wouldn't have gotten in after that first year regardless of performance? And I never said the ties to ECNL would help the competitive nature of the league, but let's not be so naive to think that is what will determine the decision here. If improving the competitive nature of the league was leadership's primary concern, then relegation would be on the table.

I am not sure that Beach and Legends performing last year was a determining factor. They certainly did perform, but who is to say they wouldn't have gotten in after that first year regardless of performance? And I never said the ties to ECNL would help the competitive nature of the league, but let's not be so naive to think that is what will determine the decision here. If improving the competitive nature of the league was leadership's primary concern, then relegation would be on the table.
The really good teams need a couple of "bad" teams to play against to look good. ;-)

I’m just going based on what I was told was going to be the parameters in 2020 when decisions on what direction the club was going in after DA shuttered.

I just don’t see a valid argument for Pat’s to gain entry when there are other geographic areas that are underserved.

I’m just going based on what I was told was going to be the parameters in 2020 when decisions on what direction the club was going in after DA shuttered.

I just don’t see a valid argument for Pat’s to gain entry when there are other geographic areas that are underserved.

After reading this my first thought was well then they will probably get in lol (This is nothing against the Pats at all btw. )

I agree that a different geo would be better for the league overall, but isn't Pats the only current ECRL team in the SW without ECNL? I would bet that was part of the conversation that Pats had ("we are all in with ECRL, so we should be first in line when a new club from SoCal is admitted").

Back