ECNL Expansion In Socal SW Division

I agree that a different geo would be better for the league overall, but isn't Pats the only current ECRL team in the SW without ECNL? I would bet that was part of the conversation that Pats had ("we are all in with ECRL, so we should be first in line when a new club from SoCal is admitted").
I guess the better question is does ECNL need to expand in the SW? I hear what you’re saying, however why add a club just to add another club If it isn’t serving a geographical or a competition level need?

I guess the better question is does ECNL need to expand in the SW? I hear what you’re saying, however why add a club just to add another club If it isn’t serving a geographical or a competition level need?

So the number of teams can be even for my neurosis...

I see your point btw, I wonder what would happen to all those commuters if they provided ECNL to an area that needed it? hmmmm interesting.

It would be interesting if another team or 2 were added in SoCal.
Would the current ecnl teams still field 22 player rosters? Or would we see it more spread out?
Would those teams ecnl-rl teams become watered down?

Would the current ecnl teams still field 22 player rosters? Or would we see it more spread out?
Would those teams ecnl-rl teams become watered down?
Unfortunately I think we would still see rosters with 22 or more. Its a shame because it undercuts the whole idea that RL players have a pathway to ECNL if they want it/ work for it. I would like to see them cap ECNL rosters at 18 and then bring RL girls up if injuries or absences occur. I'm sure some do this already but I think they are the minority.

I agree that a different geo would be better for the league overall, but isn't Pats the only current ECRL team in the SW without ECNL? I would bet that was part of the conversation that Pats had ("we are all in with ECRL, so we should be first in line when a new club from SoCal is admitted").
ECNL and RL allow 30 to be rostered per team. 18 can play on game day.

ECNL recently changed the rules and both ECNL and ECRL players can play on an ECNL team. Still only 18 can play ECNL per game day.

What this means is technically a club can roster 60 players and choose 18 out of that pool to play ECNL on game day.

ECNL and RL allow 30 to be rostered per team. 18 can play on game day.

ECNL recently changed the rules and both ECNL and ECRL players can play on an ECNL team. Still only 18 can play ECNL per game day.

What this means is technically a club can roster 60 players and choose 18 out of that pool to play ECNL on game day.
Do ECRL teams have a chance to attend college showcases? Do they have their own showcase or is it mixed with the ECNL teams? Trying to determine how an ecrl player can get a path to a College scholarship.

Do ECRL teams have a chance to attend college showcases? Do they have their own showcase or is it mixed with the ECNL teams? Trying to determine how an ecrl player can get a path to a College scholarship.

Some poster mentioned that ECRL league champion also has a path to one of ECNL's post season tiers (but not the highest tier Champions League), but I'm not familiar with the details.

ECRL just had their own dedicated showcase in Florida last month for the first time.
They have another showcase in AZ for ECRL in early April.
This year, they have the first ECRL national playoff this summer.

How is this not the 'pool play' that has been discussed on other threads that seems to be contentious?

Because every club essentially has separate ECNL and ECRL teams with different coaches. The rules allow you to move players between the teams if injuries, absenses, etc require it, but they are separate teams.

There is an ECNL and ECRL Showcase April 1-4 in Arizona...ECNL is at the Reach 11 Complex and the ECRL is at the new Legacy Sports Park in Mesa...Where will the college scouts go? Strange they have it at the same time.

There is an ECNL and ECRL Showcase April 1-4 in Arizona...ECNL is at the Reach 11 Complex and the ECRL is at the new Legacy Sports Park in Mesa...Where will the college scouts go? Strange they have it at the same time.
Not really. Coaches will bring additional staff to scout multiple games. If your DD is putting in the work, there will be resources there to scout her.

A player that wants a path for college soccer needs to make pave the way themselves. Sure a higher level team will help but there is a lot of footwork to be done by the player in reaching out to coaches. The best bet is to have good grades and get an academic scholarship and any athletic money is a bonus. Athletic money is very limited.

Here's the G2010 Socal State Cup knockout bracket.

For Non ECNL clubs...
- At the Semi Final level = CitySC
- At the Quarter Final level = Albion + 2x CitySC teams
- At the Fist Elimination level = Liverpool International + Ole + Arsenal + Albion + 2x CitySC teams

2010 is a good year to use a metric because after club top teams change paths into ECNL, GA, Socal, etc + players switch teams/clubs.

Here's the G2010 Socal State Cup knockout bracket.

For Non ECNL clubs...
- At the Semi Final level = CitySC
- At the Quarter Final level = Albion + 2x CitySC teams
- At the Fist Elimination level = Liverpool International + Ole + Arsenal + Albion + 2x CitySC teams

2010 is a good year to use a metric because after club top teams change paths into ECNL, GA, Socal, etc + players switch teams/clubs.
In case you are not aware, Duggan will never get ECNL. Applied every year before DA, has applied every year after DA. Fire Duggan, change the name to something that reflects Carlsbad (Carlsbad is a village not a city ), bring back the young coaches like AW and BG that developed the older girls at the club, and maybe you have a chance at ECNL. Then you might get the dozens of carlsbad girls at Surf, Blues, and Koge back to play in carlsbad.

Back