ECNL expansion 2021-2022

Keep your eye on the ball. Ask any college coach and they will tell you that a player's environment is key to their development. Leagues are important but a stable environment and a happy athlete are more important.

The GA has their work cut out for them. Their leadership team is legit and respected and looks like they are willing to work across league lines.
Happy, it sucks though for kids stuck in the middle, again. This has been a complete and utter disaster for all of us. Stable environment my ass! I know of none unless of course your on the inside. No soccer or sports in socal for 12 months ((unless your on the inside)). No one is happy, Happy!

Happy, it sucks though for kids stuck in the middle, again. This has been a complete and utter disaster for all of us. Stable environment my ass! I know of none unless of course your on the inside. No soccer or sports in socal for 12 months ((unless your on the inside)). No one is happy, Happy!
Kids are always stuck in the middle when adults are running things. Up to you to make your current environment stable. The league stuff will work itself out. A goat is a goat - college coaches know this.

I’m not convinced that it’s a bad thing being “left in GA”. Respected leadership that’s trying to navigate through the most challenging environment I can think of. My kid loves her coach and team mates, they’re learning and improving. Go GA!

Right? The elitist attitude in this thread is getting a bit thick. Maybe we should ask MAP to come back and chime in.

Kids are always stuck in the middle when adults are running things. Up to you to make your current environment stable. The league stuff will work itself out. A goat is a goat - college coaches know this.
You see, the problem is what you just said. I'm not judging you at all Happy. My big rub is the lack of competition and winning. Where is winning? This is BS if your about pure competition and winning. So Happy, you say it's up to me to make the environment stable? I dont get that logic bro. The club is the business and I'm the customer. Why is it up to me? A goat is a goat and the only true goats I know have to win and they have to be in the highest of highest competition.

Right? The elitist attitude in this thread is getting a bit thick. Maybe we should ask MAP to come back and chime in.
You think? This is so easy to call. Hello, open your eyes folks. Can you see what I see or are you all blind? Where is Maps? Come back Maps, some need a big rebuke by you. Truth teller, please come back. Maps is the only one that tells it like it is. No sugar or spice to make everyone feel nice. Talk about hijacking a youth sport. Just wait until we see what's under the covers.....lol!!!

You see, the problem is what you just said. I'm not judging you at all Happy. My big rub is the lack of competition and winning. Where is winning? This is BS if your about pure competition and winning. So Happy, you say it's up to me to make the environment stable? I dont get that logic bro. The club is the business and I'm the customer. Why is it up to me? A goat is a goat and the only true goats I know have to win and they have to be in the highest of highest competition.
winning is over rated and does nothing to build character. Ask Michael Jordan.

I think it shouldnt be the end all, but it should be the goal at the end. Winning for many here is getting a deal and it stops there. I saw it for the last three years. I get it and that is why ECNL is awesome. I will only say that having winning attitude is what makes a true goat what to win the game, the tournament, the playoffs and the championship. We all come in different sizes, shapes and colors. To each his own :)

Not sure I agree there...winning might not be everything, but we all play to win, and what makes us better...losing. Losing builds character and there isn't one person out there that hasn't lost. Some are okay with losing and others absolutely despise it, so they work harder and are more determined not to lose, they want to be the best. So winning is what we all strive for, not sure how that doesn't build character? Because losing is going to come in the process, and for those that want to win, they will continue to put in the work.

Not sure I agree there...winning might not be everything, but we all play to win, and what makes us better...losing. Losing builds character and there isn't one person out there that hasn't lost. Some are okay with losing and others absolutely despise it, so they work harder and are more determined not to lose, they want to be the best. So winning is what we all strive for, not sure how that doesn't build character? Because losing is going to come in the process, and for those that want to win, they will continue to put in the work.
Over analysis, I was being subtle to the fact that winning isn't everything. Most "winners" have done a lot of losing. Winning is the goal of sports, but you don't always win.

I think it shouldnt be the end all, but it should be the goal at the end. Winning for many here is getting a deal and it stops there. I saw it for the last three years. I get it and that is why ECNL is awesome. I will only say that having winning attitude is what makes a true goat what to win the game, the tournament, the playoffs and the championship. We all come in different sizes, shapes and colors. To each his own :)
to each his own indeed.

Over analysis, I was being subtle to the fact that winning isn't everything. Most "winners" have done a lot of losing. Winning is the goal of sports, but you don't always win.
Happy, this is not going well for you. Drop it, trust me :)

Michael Jordan is a horrible role model and person. If you are looking to Michael Jordan as an example of someone with character, well, it’s no wonder you like marmalade-a-lago so much as you do.
Thinking about it more, why are you spewing such hate against a successful black man during black history month? As a somewhat successful black man, I find it a tad offensive.

I believe that’s the point being made.

On side note, is it just me or does the new(ish?) ECNL logo leave a lot to be desired? I wouldn't call the previous logo great but I liked it and I think a refresh rather than a total overhaul would have been fine. I can only assume that with the addition of Boys ECNL, they wanted to move to one branding image, but I feel like they really missed the mark with both the design and the color.

On side note, is it just me or does the new(ish?) ECNL logo leave a lot to be desired? I wouldn't call the previous logo great but I liked it and I think a refresh rather than a total overhaul would have been fine. I can only assume that with the addition of Boys ECNL, they wanted to move to one branding image, but I feel like they really missed the mark with both the design and the color.
100% agree. Logo needs serious change. I'm shocked. I have some ideas but no likes my ideas in youth soccer.

Back