ECNL expansion 2021-2022

Just stop - now I'm advocating for more CA travel.

On same day trips from North OC to San Diego for games, I have to stop at Avila's El Ranchito in San Clemente! They have a carne asada and egg plate! yum!

That’s a surprise. I thought they’d bring FC Virginia in before they’d bring in another DC-area club.
They must be adamant that all new clubs have a boys side involved as well. FCV's boys side is not nearly as strong as the girls. It's either that, or they really have a problem with the leadership.

On same day trips from North OC to San Diego for games, I have to stop at Avila's El Ranchito in San Clemente! They have a carne asada and egg plate! yum!

If your not going to exit Ortega Hwy and head west to El Campeon, or east to Sol Agave, just keep driving all the way through south OC.

They must be adamant that all new clubs have a boys side involved as well. FCV's boys side is not nearly as strong as the girls. It's either that, or they really have a problem with the leadership.

Mostly, it's as simple as Louden has a problem with FCV training literally across the street. Louden hopes if their rival club remains stuck in GA, they will eventually be able to pick off their top players.
And Louden has the political clout to make it happen, at least so far. Follow the $$$.

The expansion front has been pretty quiet. I’m guessing things should be finalized this month one way of another. Tryouts for next year (at least up in the northeast) are only 5-6 weeks away.

The expansion front has been pretty quiet. I’m guessing things should be finalized this month one way of another. Tryouts for next year (at least up in the northeast) are only 5-6 weeks away.
Zombie, that's crazy. Tryouts before playoffs even start? What a racket!!!

Zombie, that's crazy. Tryouts before playoffs even start? What a racket!!!
Yup, way before May 31st like them old days. If you leave, no playoffs for you. I was always honest when we committed elsewhere before season is over. Big mistake for some. For me, never!! Good Karma is always on the side of honesty. Keeping mouth shut about next year is a smart move, moo!

Yeah, it's a pretty crazy dynamic. It's going to be an interesting dynamic if there are kids who aren't brought back and new kids inbound from GA or wherever.
This may have already been posted, but any talk of relegation for the historically lowest-performing ECNL clubs? Keeping up with the exclusivity of ECNL and all-clubs that consistently underperform at all age groups- boys and girls sides. I thought this was "Elite Club National League". ;) Without gathering data, I can think of a few off the top of my head that would be at risk for relegation.

This may have already been posted, but any talk of relegation for the historically lowest-performing ECNL clubs? Keeping up with the exclusivity of ECNL and all-clubs that consistently underperform at all age groups- boys and girls sides. I thought this was "Elite Club National League". ;) Without gathering data, I can think of a few off the top of my head that would be at risk for relegation.
Sounds like you're positioning that current ECNL teams should regulate existing ECNL teams so other better Non-ECNL can take their place.

Sounds like you're positioning that current ECNL teams should regulate existing ECNL teams so other better Non-ECNL can take their place.
This won't happen for a while because the top teams need a couple of guaranteed wins to make ECNL look viable. Also as long as ECNL keeps the number of accepted Clubs low in a specific area (and is perceived at the top level of play) over time even the bottom of the barrel will get better. What parents might not understand is that there can be deep seated reasons ABC club isn't allowed into XYZ league. Logically level of play should be the only determiner of who gets into the top level of play. Unfortunately this often isn't reality.

Well is ECNL "elite" or is it just based on nonverbal contracts like handshakes and winks? I have had kids play in DA, ECNL, GA, EGSL (a ways back...) and I have seen it all. I do think that there are very competitive clubs that deserve a shot at ECNL when there are clubs that underperform throughout all age groups within ECNL in SoCal.

Back